ADVERTISEMENT

Seton Hall wins. 79-77

Seton Hall is really good. UL is much better than I thought they would be as well even though they have lost 2 in row. I think UK beats them by 10 but it will be a very quality win for us . I didn't think that would be the case. UL's biggest problem is they have 1 guard . They are a team of SF and PF .

Reactions: Catzman
I can see it now, Chicken Center will be up for sale for sure with all the Lawsuits going on against the Ville atm by Sextino and Turtleneck....Let the " L's ) keep on coming.....Never a dull moment when Loserville gets beat on their own court.....

UL is a 12 loss team. going to lose a ton of conference road games. and some at home. talent is average at best. their length saves them at times, but at the end of the day the basketball skill isnt there.

Is that The Flash or David Padgett as Louisville’s coach?

Hard to tell with that blow-by.

Reactions: MbergCat
It's funny - for a while I was hoping they'd have a reasonably good season, just so they'd keep Padgett. Who knows, he might eventually be pretty good. But after years of having a Hall of Famer (actually, since 1970 counting Denny), a 32 year old first time coach is inevitably a step down. So, a little bit of a conundrum - I cheer against Louisville, but again, I want them to win enough to retain DP.

Then I realized all that was silly. With a likely big hammer coming at them, they're not going to get a great coach this time anyway. They'll probably keep DP - if the NCAA punishment is soon known, anyway - because no one better will want it.

Last edited:
UL is a 12 loss team. going to lose a ton of conference road games. and some at home. talent is average at best. their length saves them at times, but at the end of the day the basketball skill isnt there.
I think UL is going to be ridiculed on the road in the ACC. The opponents fans will come up the most insulting signs one can imagine and you know all will be screaming for 40 minutes non stop. It should make for entertaining television.

This rivalry game is rarely ever a “throttling” either way. I think we win. But it’ll be 6-7 points one way or the other

Reactions: CalCat57
UofL played Purdue and Seaton Hall down to the wire, could have won either game.

In Kenpom, Purdue is 10th and Seaton Hall is 20th

Not sure why these losses make you think UofL wont be good. It wouldnt surprise me if UofL finishes in the top 25

UofL played Purdue and Seaton Hall down to the wire, could have won either game.

In Kenpom, Purdue is 10th and Seaton Hall is 20th

Not sure why these losses make you think UofL wont be good. It wouldnt surprise me if UofL finishes in the top 25

because i've watched them play and they suck. adel thinks he is kobe. their front line is a joke. snider is having a terrible year so far and he is just average at best.

Yeah, Louisville took a step back this year, but so did we. Who doesn’t think Fox, Monk, Bam, and Briscoe would start on this team? They might not start together (i.e. Knox > Briscoe as a SF), but Briscoe would start as point guard on this team.

And we’re still missing Vanderbilt and Baker to injuries. And most importantly, it’s a rivalry game where crazy things happen. That’s what happened last year. Our best shooter shot bricks all night. Adel and Snider shot the long ball way above their season averages. And Bam missed five straight free throws.

I like the Cats to win this one, and I’d love to see us beat the brakes off Hooker U. But, I’m siding with the voices of caution. If we win, it’s more likely to be by single digits than 20+.

Their best team of my lifetime beat our worst team of my lifetime by three points at their place. Davis and company won by 7 at Rupp. The Platoon squad that dominated everyone won by 8.

Just get the win and go home happy. Throw margins out the window.

Reactions: DrH. Lecter
Louisville has played two teams (Purdue and Seton Hall) that, in all likelihood, are bound for the NCAA tournament this season, yet lost to both. The Purdue loss on the road is understandable, but the Seton Hall loss at home should worry some UL fans.

The larger issue with their losses is the doubt that it casts within their fan base. They are fragile as it is. Winning often comes from confidence and believing. Like you see with our football program...we believe that we will lose and often we snatch a loss out of the jaws of victory. That could easily happen to their basketball team...which does have the players to be a top 25 team.

kcl.gif

Reactions: Fox2monk
We couldn't throttle a 3-5 Harvard team.

I think we can beat them...

We were up 20 and probably should have won by 30. We are still learning how to finish games, but this is the time of year we usually start seeing big improvement with the team. Harvard hit 12 3's, UL won't hit half that many. I've watched UL play four games now and they have looked exactly the same so far. Their bigs are weak, Snider is terrible, and Adel and King are out there to get their points. They are a bad shooting team that loves taking 3's and contested jumpers. They will have to play zone against us for most of the game so as long as we rebound and hit some 3's it will be an easy win.

We were up 20 and probably should have won by 30. We are still learning how to finish games, but this is the time of year we usually start seeing big improvement with the team. Harvard hit 12 3's, UL won't hit half that many. I've watched UL play four games now and they have looked exactly the same so far. Their bigs are weak, Snider is terrible, and Adel and King are out there to get their points. They are a bad shooting team that loves taking 3's and contested jumpers. They will have to play zone against us for most of the game so as long as we rebound and hit some 3's it will be an easy win.
I love our team, and I see the potential to be very good!

I'm just not gonna "predict" any beat downs until I see the progress.

The larger issue with their losses is the doubt that it casts within their fan base. They are fragile as it is. Winning often comes from confidence and believing. Like you see with our football program...we believe that we will lose and often we snatch a loss out of the jaws of victory. That could easily happen to their basketball team...which does have the players to be a top 25 team.

You're comparing the confidence level between Kentucky football and a basketball program that has multiple national championships as is widely considered one of the top 10 basketball schools of all time.

Brilliant.

Their best team of my lifetime beat our worst team of my lifetime by three points at their place. Davis and company won by 7 at Rupp. The Platoon squad that dominated everyone won by 8.

Just get the win and go home happy. Throw margins out the window.
Whenever I get disappointed in the margins, especially this time of year, I think of Ms. Shields...

FemaleHappygoluckyFish-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: GonzoCat90
Possibly. Isn't it remarkable how a person's past transgressions never fade away completely. o_O
A perfectly reasonable response in defense of someone who has done some incredibly sh*tty things in his life/career.

Sincerely,
Charles Manson

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT