ADVERTISEMENT

Seth said he would have Gonzaga #1 and UK somewhere in top 5

I think is crazy when i see."I don't care about ranking in the preseason" I want to be ranked #1 year round, every year

Well, that is what this board is about. You can think anything you like, but as for me, I think rankings begin counting about the end of January. To be ranked first all year may be too much for a young team to handle. If you remember, there was all kinds of pressure on that 2015 team. This team may be able to handle it, but I think they may be hungrier, with something to prove, if they aren't first all year. All I care about is how we rank in March.

Gonzaga, Duke, Kansas, UNC, Tennessee, and Nevada will all be loaded this season. It comes down to who chokes and who doesn’t in March. No more, no less. Some players will defacate down their shorts in the tournament, and some won’t. Let’s hope our guys have unstained shorts once the games really matter.
Don't think team will back off from anybody!!

Reactions: kev69
Well, that is what this board is about. You can think anything you like, but as for me, I think rankings begin counting about the end of January. To be ranked first all year may be too much for a young team to handle. If you remember, there was all kinds of pressure on that 2015 team. This team may be able to handle it, but I think they may be hungrier, with something to prove, if they aren't first all year. All I care about is how we rank in March.

I could not care less about preseason rankings; they can rank us 351 for all I care. Kentucky, like everyone else still has to play the games. I would like to see UK get a one seed, to increase their chances of winning a title. I think a one seed has won 8 of the last 12. Other than UCONN in 14', I do not know when a team seeded fourth or below won a title.

Gonzaga, Gonzaga, Gonzaga... the West Coast darlings nearly every year by the NCAA talking heads. They have NEVER won an NCAA Championship and have reached the Final Four only once (2016-2017) in school history. They are due, but this Kentucky team is more talented than they are.

Reactions: Roe07
Tennessee in top 5. Horse crap!
I would bet everything I own that in March, they're not ranked in the top 5.

I’m thinking they’ll be a disappointment too, which I’m perfectly fine with. I’m not expecting us to win down in Knoxville because it seems like we never do anymore, but I won’t be surprised if this Vols team finishes the season with a 21-10 type record then flames out in the second round of the tournament. They had success last year, let’s see how they handle the pressure this year.

UK will see 6 to 8 guys drafted next summer. Some of them are veterans.

Who can match that? Certainly not the Zags.

I’m thinking they’ll be a disappointment too, which I’m perfectly fine with. I’m not expecting us to win down in Knoxville because it seems like we never do anymore, but I won’t be surprised if this Vols team finishes the season with a 21-10 type record then flames out in the second round of the tournament. They had success last year, let’s see how they handle the pressure this year.

Tennessee and their refs will be ready for UK when they come to town. Tennessee will be VERY good this year, but at this point, I am ready for them to do it in the tournament. They have been close; in 07' they lost to Ohio State by one (had a 17-point lead), and in 10', they lost in the Elite Eight on a terrible foul call. I do not trust them to make major noise in the tourney, but they have come close to a FF a couple of times (I know the OSU game was in the Sweet 16).

Good. Fine. Dandy. Whatever.

Just gimme top 10 preseason or so and the play will take care of any and all concerns.

Let them have something to be insulted about and to aim for. There is no advantage to being #1 at the moment at all.

Hell, leave us out of the top 25 if you want. With our strength of schedule that will correct 100% by the Super Bowl or be earned.

Are we sure Seth said Gonzaga would be his #1? I remember listening to the conversation and I thought he said Gonzaga deserves a mention as a team that could have an argument for a #1 ranking. I thought the panel all agreed that UK was at the top.
If he actually did pick Gonzaga #1 he's certainly entitled to his opinion, Gonzaga is going to ge really good, but I think Nevada and UT are going to be better teams. All 3 of those teams are a notch below UK, KU and Duke. UNC*** is going to be in the conversation too. They are right in that 2nd tier.

I heard him say it. Said he hadn’t actually picked his top 5 yet but if he did he would have Gonzaga at 1.

Reactions: kyjeff1
If Seth’s life was on the line and he had to pick Gonzaga or UK to win the title I can guarantee you he would change his tune. These guys always try to pick teams that aren’t as hyped just to be different.
I can’t believe SETH had anyone rated higher than Dook !! He is a coach rat face ass kisser in every since of the word !!!

This team will thrive with a chip on their shoulder. I hope they hear all about all the teams better than them from the talking heads all year. They will maul people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT