ADVERTISEMENT

Seriously the rest of college basketball

This game was impressive because Bemax came out and tried to bully our young guys and we just floated like a butterfly and stung like a bee all over their ass. Our team is full of guys that love the challenge. You put that with a talented deep roster that wants to be coached by one of the best head coaches and staffs in college bb and you've got a lot of upside and no reason not to be excited. The progression from game to game has been astonishing for 10 practices in August.

I didn't see one single post before the game that said the Serbs weren't very good. Saw plenty of posts that stated UK could lose this game because the Serbs had pros and were grown men that have played together for a long time.
Now that UK blitzed their asses we have people saying the Setbs were garbage.

When you are right, you are right

Reactions: kyjeff1
This game was impressive because Bemax came out and tried to bully our young guys and we just floated like a butterfly and stung like a bee all over their ass. Our team is full of guys that love the challenge. You put that with a talented deep roster that wants to be coached by one of the best head coaches and staffs in college bb and you've got a lot of upside and no reason not to be excited. The progression from game to game has been astonishing for 10 practices in August.

If you love UK basketball this game is about as good as you could get. Our boys get to show out on national TV while still getting pushed around by ground men. People only looking to bitch for something to bitch about will bitch. Or trolls. @ZaytovenCat have at it, bitch or troll whichever you prefer

We just destroyed a team of pro players (level of pro can be debated) with our team full of new players that combined for 111 minutes of the 200 total played (84 of those were freshmen minutes). I'd say we are pretty darn good already. The question is will we get to the great level? I think we will.

We've all seen our players look great early and then seem to struggle as the season goes on. A lot of that is over hype plus the college game gets harder along the way. But I'm telling you now that these players on this team are special!
They look to me like they are not worried the least about looking good for the NBA and that's always been a problem with some of our previous "elite" players.
I know it's way early but they have bonded and are unselfish. They are confident in themselves to know how good they are individually and that translates to excellent team ball.
They have mental toughness, fight, grit and most importantly they are having fun. If they continue that, and I believe they will, #9 is 8 months away!
This team reminds me of the 96 team. We have every piece of the puzzle and every piece is legit. Also we still haven't seen Baker play and he's supposedly one of our best shooters. We have seen enough of Montgomery to know he's going to be good also.
I LOVE THIS TEAM!

If you love UK basketball this game is about as good as you could get. Our boys get to show out on national TV while still getting pushed around by ground men. People only looking to bitch for something to bitch about will bitch. Or trolls. @ZaytovenCat have at it, bitch or troll whichever you prefer

He will be back spewing ignorant nonsense when we drop our first L. Rest assured

Last edited:
Reactions: floatingyou
These teams are not that good. Too early to get too excited.
That's just flat out wrong. The team we played Thursday is a great team. The team we played last night was good and had some future NBAers on it . Now I will give you the team we played Wednesday wasn't all that great but we are beating teams with alot of mature talent. We have been together for a month and we are beating the crap out of grown ass men who have beent together for a long time and have a good amount of talent. Not saying these teams are NBA teams they are not but they are teams better then all but maybe 6-8 teams on our schedule next season IMO.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Mega Bemax has put a ton of players in the NBA as of late, Cal called them the European Kentucky. One of those players is Nikola Jokic.

Their big starting center, Boga (I think that’s his name) and the Mushidi guy are projected draft picks. They are NOT a “MAAC” level
Team. They are grown men that get paid to play basketball.

I'm torn between "amen" and "it's only August"

But thats just it. Thats crap we usually say to justify ourselves in November or December. Its effing August, 2.5 months before the season even STARTS and we look this good going against teams that are just as good or better than we'll see before the peewees we will play before conference play. This team looks to be farther along than most Cal teams heading into conference play before the seasons even officially began. Imagine this team in November. Now imagine them in March...

Let’s not forget we were tied in the 2nd half with a unspectacular Bahamas team. They were a small quick team unlike the other two teams we faced, and gave us fits on defense.

Small, quick teams may be one of our Achilles Heels this year. I think the off shooting was a fluke though. Liked how Green, Washington, and Johnson bounced back and played great in games 2 and 3 though.

Have got to get EJ healthy though, and have got to see Travis get better at finishing inside.

has to be flat out crappin themselves . If we are destorying teams of grown men with a few NBA players scattered throughout by 20-30 now can you imagine what we will do to most teams in Dec, Jan , Feb and especially March ? I am way more impressed with this team then the 38-1 at this same juncture.
Lol its LIKE fools Gold. The NCAA would have fould out 5 of our guys last night and enjoy the Pick up AAU style we are playing because during conference time we go to tubby ball. Im enjoying these games but Cal is gonna play grind it out possession ball and when you do that anyone can win.

Mega Bemax has put a ton of players in the NBA as of late, Cal called them the European Kentucky. One of those players is Nikola Jokic.

Their big starting center, Boga (I think that’s his name) and the Mushidi guy are projected draft picks. They are NOT a “MAAC” level
Team. They are grown men that get paid to play basketball.

They’re not grown men. Haha. Or else they would not be projected draft picks.

They said this bemax team was MAAC level. I wouldn’t start prematurely assuming
No, not even close. Bemax have NBA talent and they play pro ball for a living in the best team in Serbia. Gotta disagree with you there. These teams have beaten UNC and other major D1 teams. Lost to the toronto raptors by single digits. The only thing is the refs in the NCAA would have fouled out 5 of our guys last night with touch fouls. These are Grown professional Men UK is playing. Cal said we would go 1-3.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
No, not even close. Bemax have NBA talent and they play pro ball for a living in the best team in Serbia. Gotta disagree with you there. These teams have beaten UNC and other major D1 teams. Lost to the toronto raptors by single digits. The only thing is the refs in the NCAA would have fouled out 5 of our guys last night with touch fouls. These are Grown professional Men UK is playing. Cal said we would go 1-3.

Disagree all you want. I didn’t say it.seth Greenberg sitting court side said it during the game. Also those are SEC refs officiating according to Seth and dackich

That's just flat out wrong. The team we played Thursday is a great team. The team we played last night was good and had some future NBAers on it . Now I will give you the team we played Wednesday wasn't all that great but we are beating teams with alot of mature talent. We have been together for a month and we are beating the crap out of grown ass men who have beent together for a long time and have a good amount of talent. Not saying these teams are NBA teams they are not but they are teams better then all but maybe 6-8 teams on our schedule next season IMO.
Any top 10 team could beat that sorry team. You start this crap every year then you start saying we suck. We are going to have a good team, wait and see how good the other teams are First.

Reactions: kev69
They said this bemax team was MAAC level. I wouldn’t start prematurely assuming
The OP is justifiably excited and optimistic. That being said, there are other loaded teams.
Kansas
Duke
Gonzaga
Nevada
Tennessee
UNC(University Neverending Cheaters)

I do think anything short of a Final Four will be disappointing.

Reactions: crpoore
has to be flat out crappin themselves . If we are destorying teams of grown men with a few NBA players scattered throughout by 20-30 now can you imagine what we will do to most teams in Dec, Jan , Feb and especially March ? I am way more impressed with this team then the 38-1 at this same juncture.
The team looked fantastic! I was really impressed with the fact they are already sharing the ball and playing very unselfish this early on. To say I’m excited for the season would be an understatement!

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
After 2015, I'll wait before I get too enthused. No college team should've beaten us that year.

This may not be the best team Cal has ever put on the floor, talent wise and athletically. But after watching them play these 4 games in Aug.(irrespective of competition level we played), I truly believe this is the most Skilled and complete team Calipari has ever fielded at Kentucky. We have shooters everywhere. We have multiple players who have a deadly midrange game. Our guards never stop moving and are absolute defensive ball hawks. And it seems like every player has a slightly different talent set that compliment each other. If I'm an opposing coach, I'm not sure how you game plan against them. We appear to be a team that can play any style of game you want to throw at us.

Ok, I love the "whoa! hold your horses" guys and the "let's not get too excited" guys and the "these teams sucked" guys, but come on folks. We've all been watching college basketball all our lives and we know what we're seeing. It's ok to be excited about this group. No, we shouldn't be talking national title today, but we can talk about this team being well ahead of many recent UK teams at this juncture.

1. It's ok to say that this Bahamas tour puts our Cats ahead of many other teams in terms of chemistry and defining roles.
2. The jitters are out of the way for many of these guys now, which is a big step.
3. There are some seriously talented players on this team.
4. The shooting is better than recent teams.
5. The desire to play defense (with the exception of the end of yesterday's game) is better
6. The offense of Herro is special.
7. The strength of Travis and Washington is rare.
8. The high flying and intensity of Johnson is impressive.
9. The defensive intensity of Hagans is exceptional.
10. The steady hand of Quickley has been a pleasant surprise.

And yes, perhaps these teams weren't as good as we thought they'd be, but they weren't filled with scrubs, either. We MADE these teams look pretty weak. But these teams were better than the ones we played 4 years ago on the same floor. There were some NBA prospects on a couple of these teams. There were some high D1 players on some of these teams with experience. I know of some UK teams that would have laid down when Mega Bemax started the physical play. They would have wilted and it would have taken them out of their game, but this team handled it better than anyone would have predicted.

Here you go: you have permission to be excited. :D

Last edited:
I didn't see one single post before the game that said the Serbs weren't very good. Saw plenty of posts that stated UK could lose this game because the Serbs had pros and were grown men that have played together for a long time.
Now that UK blitzed their asses, we have people saying the Serbs were garbage.
WE have to have something to piss and moan about...

Reactions: kyjeff1
Ok, I love the "whoa! hold your horses" guys and the "let's not get too excited" guys and the "these teams sucked" guys, but come on folks. We've all been watching college basketball all our lives and we know what we're seeing. It's ok to be excited about this group. No, we shouldn't be talking national title today, but we can talk about this team being well ahead of many recent UK teams at this juncture.

1. It's ok to say that this Bahamas tour puts our Cats ahead of many other teams in terms of chemistry and defining roles.
2. The jitters are out of the way for many of these guys now, which is a big step.
3. There are some seriously talented players on this team.
4. The shooting is better than recent teams.
5. The desire to play defense (with the exception of the end of yesterday's game) is better
6. The offense of Herro is special.
7. The strength of Travis and Washington is rare.
8. The high flying and intensity of Johnson is impressive.
9. The defensive intensity of Hagans is exceptional.
10. The steady hand of Quickley has been a pleasant surprise.

And yes, perhaps these teams weren't as good as we thought they'd be, but they weren't filled with scrubs, either. We MADE these teams look pretty weak. But these teams were better than the ones we played 4 years ago on the same floor. There were some NBA prospects on a couple of these teams. There were some high D1 players on some of these teams with experience. I know of some UK teams that would have laid down when Mega Bemax started the physical play. They would have wilted and it would have taken them out of their game, but this team handled it better than anyone would have predicted.

Here you go: you have permission to be excited. :D
Agree! It has been painful the last 2 years to watch some of the games. nothing painful about the Bahama's...

What's even more impressive is the fact that we looked that good. Without our best outside shooter Jamarl Baker & our player with probably the most long term NBA potential EJ Montgomery. Add in Baker with his 3 point stroke, & Montgomery with his inside & mid range game & with his shot blocking ability. Come March this team could be a monster.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT