ADVERTISEMENT

Seriously the rest of college basketball

has to be flat out crappin themselves . If we are destorying teams of grown men with a few NBA players scattered throughout by 20-30 now can you imagine what we will do to most teams in Dec, Jan , Feb and especially March ? I am way more impressed with this team then the 38-1 at this same juncture.
These teams are not that good. Too early to get too excited.

Wait until Quickly and Hagans get it. They're a bit lost right now, but once they get up to speed we will have 3 point guards that can get into the paint and feed our front line guys.
This team is scary good for August and the upside is much higher than I thought it would be.
Cal really did a good job putting these pieces together.

The team we played Thursday had won 3 titles. The team tonight had atleast one guy that they said was considering the nba, as they have had multiple players leave their team for the nba. I wouldn’t exactly say they aren’t that good. They are sure as hell better than the Pepperdine’s of the world

IDK, before the game everyone (analysts, media members and rival fans) said this team would either beat UK or at least give them a run. UK could have beat them by 50.
I thought the Serbs were very big, strong and ran good stuff. UK just out toughed them.

tenor.gif

The team we played Thursday had won 3 titles. The team tonight had atleast one guy that they said was considering the nba, as they have had multiple players leave their team for the nba. I wouldn’t exactly say they aren’t that good. They are sure as hell better than the Pepperdine’s of the world

Honestly that team is awful. I watch Argentina league a lot bc that’s all we get in Latin America and basketball in this region of he world is the absolute worst. They are the best of terrible hoops

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
I'm a Purdue/B1G slappy and I'm convinced UK is the best team in the nation. I thought it was Kansas before I saw anyone, but hard to imagine a team has as much talent and depth at every position as UK.

UK can play small or big too so they have lineup versatility.

I still think Tennessee is up there with them in the SEC, but I believe UK is my current #1.

My guess is there are 6 to 8 teams in the sec that could have beaten this Serb team.
I think there are 4, but those 4 are all top 15 in CBB.

This was like beating a top 80 CBB team. IOW, a strong mid major or decent high major team. At a "name your score" level.

Disagree that it's more impressive than '15, because '15 did that many, many, many times.

Coming into the season, based on the mix of talent and experience, I thought this squad would be around '10 level, but a hair below '12 and '15.

I'm pretty sure they're better than '10 now, and if we didn't have such a brutal schedule, I'd be silently wondering about another undefeated run.

Given that we're playing preseason 2, 3, 4 (in a year with a particularly strong top 5), half of the top 10, and probably 10+ T25 games, we might lose 3 regular season and still be by far the best team in the country.

Why do people still compare the Argentina team we played to the one that won 3 titles?

UK is playing really good right now but the competition just average.. Mega couldn’t hit a wide open 3 for their life.

I think there are 4, but those 4 are all top 15 in CBB.

This was like beating a top 80 CBB team. IOW, a strong mid major or decent high major team. At a "name your score" level.

Disagree that it's more impressive than '15, because '15 did that many, many, many times.

But coming into the season, based on the mix of talent and experience, I thought this squad would be around '10 level, but a hair below '12 and '15.

I'm pretty sure they're better than '10 now, and if we didn't have such a brutal schedule, I'd be silently wondering about another undefeated run.

Given that we're playing preseason 2, 3, 4 (in a year with a particularly strong top 5), half of the top 10, and probably 10+ T25 games, we might lose 3 regular season and still be by far the best team in the country.

What I am wanting to see right now is the depth of hunger this team seems to have, manifest. That will be the telling legacy of this team.

Reactions: awf and floatingyou
It’s not about these teams being that good, it’s the fact we are beating them by an average of 28 points and we have had only a handful of practices. Tonight they had a 6’11 260 Pound guy who is nba level talent and projected amongst next years picks as well as a handful of others and we destroyed them. Very few colleges have 4-5 NBA level talents. The teams we have beat are as good as any typical mid major level team as well as bottom half power 5 teams atleast. We haven’t just been beating them, we have been blowing them out and we haven’t even begun to learn Cals system or anything. Hard not to be excited about that.

Why do people still compare the Argentina team we played to the one that won 3 titles?

UK is playing really good right now but the competition just average.. Mega couldn’t hit a wide open 3 for their life.
Wasn’t the line in that game around UK +9?
That says a lot... a whole freakin lot

Reactions: floatingyou
Pretty sure Bemax plays Michigan toward the end of August. Should be able to get an idea then of how good this team is

I just watched the second half.

That team pretty much sucked. It's way to early to tell just how good we can be; but it's obvious we have the pieces and tools to be very good.

But, that team I saw tonight just flat out sucks.

You seem to be having some issues with your multiple perspectives in these team.
It’s hard to narrow it down after a handful of games... but these coaches have made kids, 3 mns removed from high school, decimate and dominate good (albeit not great, but good) competition
Damned impressive

Wasn’t the line in that game around UK +9?
That says a lot... a whole freakin lot

It says Bovada was clueless. Reason why they tried to void the bet at first. Other sports books had it the other way around.

Impressive wins. It’s just not accurate when we say that we beat the 3 time Argentina champions Bc the team was not near to that strength

It's funny how most on here are down grading our competition and it isn't the greatest in the world. What I'm fascinated with is the fact that this team has really only been playing together for a couple of months and we are already destroying teams made up of grown men.

Barring injury, our Cats are just going to get better and better. The potential for this team is astronomical. I really like our chances for a deep run in the tournament and another Final Four.

Reactions: skcatfan
I'd guess most college basketball fans had no idea we were even playing these games. I'd also imagine half of the SEC network subscribers don't even realize it's part of their TV package and knew they could see the games.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Many are saying the Serbs weren’t that good. I know it’s early August and we’ve only been practicing for several weeks but make no mistake ....... these teams we are playing are ...... Teams! They’ve had the luxury of playing together!
Like I said it’s early August but I just watched our Cats win and win BIG! If we wanted to push it we could have won by 50 perhaps as we subbed early. Loving how these guys are putting forth this kind of effort so early, I think it’s gonna be special!

Go Big Blue!!!

Many are saying the Serbs weren’t that good. I know it’s early August and we’ve only been practicing for several weeks but make no mistake ....... these teams we are playing are ...... Teams! They’ve had the luxury of playing together!
Like I said it’s early August but I just watched our Cats win and win BIG! If we wanted to push it we could have won by 50 perhaps as we subbed early. Loving how these guys are putting forth this kind of effort so early, I think it’s gonna be special!

Go Big Blue!!!
I didn't see one single post before the game that said the Serbs weren't very good. Saw plenty of posts that stated UK could lose this game because the Serbs had pros and were grown men that have played together for a long time.
Now that UK blitzed their asses, we have people saying the Serbs were garbage.

Last edited:
It's funny how most on here are down grading our competition and it isn't the greatest in the world. What I'm fascinated with is the fact that this team has really only been playing together for a couple of months and we are already destroying teams made up of grown men.

Barring injury, our Cats are just going to get better and better. The potential for this team is astronomical. I really like our chances for a deep run in the tournament and another Final Four.

Mega is pretty young no?

has to be flat out crappin themselves . If we are destorying teams of grown men with a few NBA players scattered throughout by 20-30 now can you imagine what we will do to most teams in Dec, Jan , Feb and especially March ? I am way more impressed with this team then the 38-1 at this same juncture.

Wait ....what? So you're saying there are NBA players on these teams?

Sorry, but you're gonna have to back that claim up with evidence. Can you give me the names?

ADVERTISEMENT