ADVERTISEMENT

Serious question...

BBNin PA

Sophomore
Apr 24, 2009
Would you ever see fans of Duke or UNC rooting for each other? How about the Yankees or Red Sox? Why some of our fans choose to root for our biggest rival, who is coached by someone who ran off to the NBA after losing the 97 title, is beyond my comprehension.

Yes,I do think there are some fans of duke who would root for unc, and visa versa. All of them, no. But some, yes.

We're not all the same pal. Thank god.

Originally posted by BBNin PA:
Would you ever see fans of Duke or UNC rooting for each other? How about the Yankees or Red Sox? Why some of our fans choose to root for our biggest rival, who is coached by someone who ran off to the NBA after losing the 97 title, is beyond my comprehension.
All Posers,you'll never see a UL fan cheer for Kentucky,they are a hate filled bunch,so I will never pull for that den of rapists,thugs,and thieves

I don't see a problem with it as long as it's within reason. You can't deny that the constant Duke/UNC blowfest helps both teams stay in the limelight and attract recruits. Although we're not having a hard time getting top players right now, I have no problem with people wanting Kentucky, not North Carolina, to be the ultimate destination for college basketball prospects.

As long as UK is in the tourney though, I can't root for UL. If there's even a 1% chance that UL will beat UK, I'm unhappy with the odds.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT