ADVERTISEMENT

Send good vibes my way..

IndyCat1995

Junior
Gold Member
Nov 21, 2016
Tucson, AZ by way of Indiana
If you could. I have a 2nd interview for a great company in my dream industry later today. First interview yesterday went great.

Job is located in Arizona. I’m 26, single, no kids, and I’ve got my finances in order to make a move. Could get the ball rolling for the rest of my life.

Wish me luck friends! The BBN needs to be represented in the desert, right??

Good luck!

Start out by joking about how it's not really that hot out there because it's a dry heat. They'll get a kick out of that kind of humor and it will help you stand out since it's pretty unique.

Be sure to really fidget around and avoid all eye contact. Companies respect that nervous, awkward submission. The more awkward you act, the more they know how desperate you are for the job. And one of the top rules of business is desperation = unbridled success.

And if your voice cracks early on, don't acknowledge it, but instead just intentionally keep cracking your voice every 20 or 30 seconds so that they think it's just your normal vocal condition. They may think it's charming.

Reactions: IndyCat1995
196762928001202.gif

Reactions: IndyCat1995
One more thing...don’t try to answer a question right away. Sit, be still, and stew on it. If anything you buy time and it gives them the impression you’re a processor and not a loose cannon.

I sent a thank you after the 2nd interview last week and sent a follow up this morning. Radio silence since then. After they told me they would let me know whether they decide to move forward with me or not

I sent a thank you after the 2nd interview last week and sent a follow up this morning. Radio silence since then. After they told me they would let me know whether they decide to move forward with me or not

Closure is what you seek.

Go out there and find their competitor and make them pay. Revenge with motivation is the key.

In reality, if they hire someone else, they will probably suck and the job will be reposted in a time period come soon. Use this as a building block.

I admire people like you. Seriously. At least you aren't depending on a family member or someone you married to create your success. Best of luck and hope they still call you

Closure is what you seek.

Go out there and find their competitor and make them pay. Revenge with motivation is the key.

In reality, if they hire someone else, they will suck and the job will be reposted in a time period come soon. Use this as a building block.

I admire people like you. Seriously. At least you aren't depending on a family member or someone you married to create your success. Best of luck and hope they still call you
Thanks bud. Jokes on them though, there are a couple other companies out there with pretty much the same job I went ahead an applied for. So fingers crossed

OT a bit, but one of my all time favorite vacations was hiking in Sedona, Red Rocks area plus a day trip to the Grand Canyon. Great state!

I admire people like you. Seriously. At least you aren't depending on a family member or someone you married to create your success.
Lol.. another sucker who has to work for a living.

Don’t listen to this guy, Indy. Instead of worrying about this job, get out there and marry a rich chick. Preferably one that will let you play golf five days a week!

Reactions: Elbridge
Lol.. another sucker who has to work for a living.

Don’t listen to this guy, Indy. Instead of worrying about this job, get out there and marry a rich chick. Preferably one that will let you play golf five days a week!

And good looking, and great in bed. And if you do, see if her mother is available . . . but send pics first, please.

btt

What was the upshot of your interview? If you got it, you owe The Paddock a modest finder's fee. Send it to me via Venmo, I will ensure it gets appropriately distributed.

Wow. You got a job in Arizona. 105 in the shade and you can't go outside for half the year and the other half you're overrun by dentures and walkers. Way to aim high. Remember not to pick up escaped prisoners on the highway and leave a jug of water in your backyard for the hordes of illegals smuggling drugs through to Los Angeles. Play your cards right and this might lead to a sweet gig in Rwanda by the time you're 50 assuming you don't mind losing 75% when you sell your worthless house.

Wow. You got a job in Arizona. 105 in the shade and you can't go outside for half the year and the other half you're overrun by dentures and walkers. Way to aim high. Remember not to pick up escaped prisoners on the highway and leave a jug of water in your backyard for the hordes of illegals smuggling drugs through to Los Angeles. Play your cards right and this might lead to a sweet gig in Rwanda by the time you're 50 assuming you don't mind losing 75% when you sell your worthless house.
Worked on a project in Phoenix area for several days in August once. As plane landed, they'd had just had a thunderstorm & the temp was down to 99. Never saw so much steam coming off a runway.

Going to lunch one day with temp around 110-112, I made the mistake of going outside first waiting on others in group. Was in sun for about 2 minutes & couldn't stand it & had to find shade.

Idiot

• Haha
Reactions: Lord Z
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT