ADVERTISEMENT

Semi-Finals BigBlueFanGA vs. drcats2013

Who would win head to head

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DraftCat

Senior
Nov 5, 2011
Welcome to the 2021 NBA All-Time NBA Draft. The objective of the draft was to draft a team that will beat your opponent in a best of 7 games.

Semi-Finals will last for two days. Voters please vote for the team you believe would win. You will be able to change your vote if the discussion sways you the other way.

@BigBlueFanGA - Wilt Chamberlain, Anthony Davis, Chris Paul, Ray Allen, Alex English, Damian Lillard, Bernard King, Devin Booker, Dan Issel, Hal Greer, HC Lenny Wilkens

vs.

@drcats2013 - Oscar Robertson, Karl Malone, Patrick Ewing, Reggie Miller, James Worthy, Vince Carter, Alonzo Mourning, Penny Hardaway, HC Larry Brown, Robert Horry, Bruce Bowen

@drcats2013 I'm still trying to figure out Horry and Bowen in an all time draft. Bowen has been a starter for years but his best season got him 8pts per game. He has a career PER of 8.2. His playoff PER is even lower. I don't get it. Horry, from our memories is much better but in reality in his best year he averaged 12pts in 37 minutes with a PER of 13.7, a career PER of 13.4. In the playoffs his PER went up to 14.4 and his best year his pts went to 13 in 38 minutes. That's a head scratcher for me.

Reactions: DraftCat
It’s simple really: I don’t need 2 more guys that can set the world on fire. I played strategically to get the best winning role player in NBA history in Horry, and one of the best lockdown defenders of his time in Bowen; who shut down the likes of Lebron and Kobe in playoff series. He also led the league in 3 point shooting one year. They just fit what I wanted.

Reactions: jrpross
Also @DraftCat, I figured you’d appreciate the creativity. What’s the fun in a draft if you just take the highest PER guys or draft half of your team with UK guys? I like to think outside the box a bit and it typically carries me pretty far in these things

Do what you do.... my technique ain't working lol

• Haha
Reactions: drcats2013
I was kind of hoping I'd see this thread. I'm not going to comment on the matchup nor will I vote on it, and I'm not going to rehash a past argument, but I just want to simply that I overreacted to the comment @drcats2013 made in our early round head-to-head. We all know what it was at this point, so again, I'm not going to rehash it. Not only did I overreact, but I was extremely hard-headed, stubborn, crazy stupid or whatever term you want to use to describe how I acted there. Unfortunately, being stubborn and hard-headed is a not so good character trait of mine. Sometimes it can take me a few hours or even a few days to realize it. And yes, sensitivity is another issue I have, although I think I'm a bit more hard-headed than sensitive. It's up to you if you agree or disagree with that.

If I could do things over again, I'd either completely ignore the comment that I took offense to or simply state that I didn't care for the comment and left it at that. GL to both players in this matchup.

I was kind of hoping I'd see this thread. I'm not going to comment on the matchup nor will I vote on it, and I'm not going to rehash a past argument, but I just want to simply that I overreacted to the comment @drcats2013 made in our early round head-to-head. We all know what it was at this point, so again, I'm not going to rehash it. Not only did I overreact, but I was extremely hard-headed, stubborn, crazy stupid or whatever term you want to use to describe how I acted there. Unfortunately, being stubborn and hard-headed is a not so good character trait of mine. Sometimes it can take me a few hours or even a few days to realize it. And yes, sensitivity is another issue I have, although I think I'm a bit more hard-headed than sensitive. It's up to you if you agree or disagree with that.

If I could do things over again, I'd either completely ignore the comment that I took offense to or simply state that I didn't care for the comment and left it at that. GL to both players in this matchup.
Glad to hear that. We've all taken things wrong or overreacted on here at some point. Hopefully you join us in the next draft. You have a different and interesting approach.

Glad to hear that. We've all taken things wrong or overreacted on here at some point. Hopefully you join us in the next draft. You have a different and interesting approach.

I'm all for 2nd chances as well. So don't hesitate joining the next draft.

The only feedback I'm willing to give is that this is a message board. People say stuff that you may or may not agree with however 95% of the time it's likely not malicious.

We are all here to take a break from our crappy jobs / lives and talk sports. Trash talking is part of that... everyone grows up under difference circumstances. Some may take offense to a particular language used and others believe it was no big deal. Makes us human IMO we are all different and none of us are better than the other.

One of the things I like to remind not only myself but other people is that a perfect Utopia will never exist. So let things role off your shoulder life will go on.

It’s all good. God knows I make stupid mistakes daily. I’m nothing. But I’m not a racist. Haha

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
Glad to hear that. We've all taken things wrong or overreacted on here at some point.

For sure. I'm definitely guilty of that, both outside this forum and now on this forum.

Hopefully you join us in the next draft.

Depends on what sport it is TBH. There are some I feel I'd be way better at than others. For example, I think I'd be awful at an all-time college football draft and even worse at an all-time NHL Draft. Also depends on whether or not I see it in time. Wanted to join the all-time football one, but I wasn't quick enough.

I'm all for 2nd chances as well. So don't hesitate joining the next draft.

Appreciated. I'll handle the second chance better than I did the first one. I definitely don't feel I'm better than anyone. If anything, I feel quite the opposite. Like I said, I didn't care for a line that was used. That obviously wasn't the problem, but if I'd went about it differently, the argument and trouble could have been avoided for the most part. Maybe we'd disagree a bit, but I think that would have been the end of it.

It’s all good. God knows I make stupid mistakes daily. I’m nothing. But I’m not a racist. Haha

I apologize if I did say you're a racist. I'm trying not to remember if I did since I didn't want to rehash the disucssion that went wrong, but maybe I did. Like I said, I should have either let it go, or at most, just said I didn't care a ton for the comment and left it at that.

Depends on what sport it is TBH. There are some I feel I'd be way better at than others. For example, I think I'd be awful at an all-time college football draft and even worse at an all-time NHL Draft. Also depends on whether or not I see it in time. Wanted to join the all-time football one, but I wasn't quick enough.

Well I'll never be doing a NHL Draft you can bet on that.

You two come to NKY and I'll buy you both a beer. We can get real sentimental ;)

I just may take you up on it next time I'm there.

Well I'll never be doing a NHL Draft you can bet on that.

Probably good for me since I'd be clueless once Wayne Gretzky, Gordie Howe, Ovechkin, Sidney Crosby, Lemieux, Jagr and maybe a few others were taken 😂

Reactions: DraftCat
ADVERTISEMENT