ADVERTISEMENT

SEC teams tried, 2023 three-star OC Koby Keenum locked in with Kentucky

After cancelling his OV to MSU over the weekend, Keenum shares he is locked in with Kentucky.

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even better…
The Wildcats will have Keenum on campus in January as an early enrollee.

“Jan. 3 is my first day at Kentucky, I am looking forward to it,” Keenum shared. “Finally, the time has come. I am counting down the days now.”

Guess that means Yesner is staying
We will find out if Yenser or Scan was the problem. I used to think most of the problems were a result of poor line play, when it could have been scheme causing the OL play to suffer like some of you on here stated.

We will find out if Yenser or Scan was the problem. I used to think most of the problems were a result of poor line play, when it could have been scheme causing the OL play to suffer like some of you on here stated.
1 I for one have no desire to see Yenser back...even if it means Keenum goes elsewhere. I could get used to the idea of Yenser staying if is a reason Coen wants to come back and have Yenser as part of staff....>Coen is a ton more valuable than Keenum
2. Think of what we are talking ourself into with some of the logic on these posts.

- Scang's scheme now has alot to do with poor line play? Seriously?
- When you can't run the ball consistently vs. Youngstown St....and we were running simple zone runs. That is either personnel and/or coaching issues.
- WHen in the opener Miami Oh runs the same damn high school dline twists with DE crashing down on guard and DT loops around to rush the passer. And both sides of Oline look as un prepared as can be....that is mostly coaching and personnel.
- When you can't pick up a safety coming into the box and LBer edge blitzes pretty much all year long....that is coachign and/or personnel.

Yenser's group was by far the worst performing unit on the team....maybe special teams as a whole was worse than OLine. But if we are firing Settle and Scangerello....I would be stunned to see Yenser survive based upon his crappy year.

1 I for one have no desire to see Yenser back...even if it means Keenum goes elsewhere. I could get used to the idea of Yenser staying if is a reason Coen wants to come back and have Yenser as part of staff....>Coen is a ton more valuable than Keenum
2. Think of what we are talking ourself into with some of the logic on these posts.

- When you can't run the ball consistently vs. Youngstown St....and we were running simple zone runs. That is either personnel and/or coaching issues.
- WHen in the opener Miami Oh runs the same damn high school dline twists with DE crashing down on guard and DT loops around to rush the passer. And both sides of Oline look as un prepared as can be....that is mostly coaching and personnel.
- When you can't pick up a safety coming into the box and LBer edge blitzes pretty much all year long....that is coachign and/or personnel.

Yenser's group was by far the worst performing unit on the team....maybe special teams as a whole was worse than OLine. But if we are firing Settle and Scangerello....I would be stunned to see Yenser survive based upon his crappy year.
I'm with you most of the time, on this, I think you may be over simplifying things. Who knows if he gets replaced or not but it's very possible the scheme was getting in the line's way. Stoops made a comment today that makes me think it was more likely than not. He was talking about the complexity being part of the issue with getting plays relayed in to the huddle in a timely manner. Any other guy on Offense, he really just has run the correct play. These guys have to run the correct play, they have to adapt to what four, five, six guys are trying to do to confuse them, and their getting that info 5-7 seconds before all hell breaks loose. I can see where the scheme can count for some of the issues.

Reactions: Girthang

The concerning part is that stoops keeps saying how they were improving. 🫤

With how our line is he probably has a shot at early playing time next year.

You know recruiting is bad when we keep Yesner just so we can hang onto a 3 star OL recruit.

Looks like Keenum was just bumped up to a 4 star in the latest Rivals update, along with WR Shamar Porter.

Even under Gran and Coen I'm fairly certain we struggled to run the outside zone, and that's what Scangs who scheme was based off of so........... I'm eating crow cause I thought it'd be a cake walk transition to it but I was wrong

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT