ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Storied tonight 9pm. Coach Bernadette Locke-Mattox

crawfords corner

All-American
Jul 9, 2004
On the SEC Network tonight they will be airing an episode about our former men's assistant basketball coach. She became the first female assistant coach back in 1990. Should be a wonderful story about some amazing, not only UK basketball history, but basketball history.

Yes RP was involved. In preview he says something about he needed "to add some class to the school" by hiring her.

Originally posted by Jamal Mercer:
Yes RP was involved. In preview he says something about he needed "to add some class to the school" by hiring her.
Oh, Rick. Never change.

flush.r191677.gif

My recollection is that we also had a female trainer at that time...who turned around and sued the program for sexual discrimination. Joanne Houser (sp??)

When has Rick pitino and class ever been used in the same sentence before? Amazing.

I was their when she was announced she would be on staff. Pitino liked a couple of the cheerleaders so what he did at UL he was doing so here so don't act like we are too good for that. I'd go in more detail about some stuff if somebody else brought it up of something that happened.

Originally posted by *Bleedingblue*:
I was their when she was announced she would be on staff. Pitino liked a couple of the cheerleaders so what he did at UL he was doing so here so don't act like we are too good for that. I'd go in more detail about some stuff if somebody else brought it up of something that happened.
Who mentioned schools, being classless is on him no matter where he was doing it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT