ADVERTISEMENT

SEC STATE OF THE UNION

STUCKNBIG10

All-SEC
Aug 30, 2006
It's getting to be that time of year where the standings are starting to matter. Last night:

Florida beat Mizzou at home
Auburn beat Miss state at home
UK won
Ole Miss clobbered vandy in Nashville
Arky / South carolina didn't play
A&M clinched the series at home against Bama
LSU murdered Tennessee in Baton Rouge

So here are the standings:

East
UF: 10-3
UGA: 8-5
Candy: 7-6
Mizzou: 6-7
UK: 6-7
USC: 6-7
UT: 5-8

West:
Miss: 8-5
Arky: 8-5
LSU: 7-6
A&M: 7-7
Bama: 5-9
Aub: 5-8
MSU: 4-9

At this point, I think we have to assume that UF will win the title. So, if that's the case, then we decide how much we believe in UK before deciding on who to root for each week. I think UK is a solid regional host team, but I don't know if we have the chops to host a super. In that case, I am rooting against teams like LSU, Candy, A&M, Arky, and Ole Miss as these are the teams that UK is competing against to host a regional.

If you're a pessimist, then you think UK may struggle to even make the NCAA / SEC tourneys, then you want the top teams to dominate the bad teams. In that case, you're rooting against teams like UT, Alabama, MSU, and South Carolina every week.

If you still think UK is a national title contender, then we need a series win this week and a series win at home against UF next week in order to be in the SEC title race down the home stretch.

My prediction: SEC hosts are Florida, Ole Miss, Arkansas, UK, and either Georgia or LSU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT