ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Fans on National Board

Dakota25

Junior
Nov 24, 2014
Cincinnati Ohio
Appear to have come out of the wood works. Florida and Arkansas fans are talking trash in the thread titled your latest SEC rankings, or something along those lines.

They are taking advantage of being closer to our level this year even though we have owned the SEC. We have completed a 3 peat as both regular season and tournament champions, and well.... you all know where I’m going with this.

I simply do not understand why UK fans pull for SEC basketball schools.

They hate us as much as UL and IU fans do; well maybe not quite as much

They truly do hate us but more importantly they hate basketball period. All of the other SEC schools have some CBB fans but it’s a small minority compared to college football.

Reactions: sluggercatfan

I know for me that I don't base my feelings on other people's feelings. I like em all.

Reactions: Canucky
They truly do hate us but more importantly they hate basketball period. All of the other SEC schools have some CBB fans but it’s a small minority compared to college football.
The southern schools favor baseball over basketball just check out stadiums and attendance numbers.

Reactions: spotter34
Appear to have come out of the wood works. Florida and Arkansas fans are talking trash in the thread titled your latest SEC rankings, or something along those lines.

They are taking advantage of being closer to our level this year even though we have owned the SEC. We have completed a 3 peat as both regular season and tournament champions, and well.... you all know where I’m going with this.
Thank goodness for some competition. Too many UK fans spend months complaining the SEC "sucks," yet have hurt feelings when the talking heads criticize the weak SEC. I want a strong conference. Tired of espn annually calling the Big 12 the deepest conference (it isn't) and acting like the ACC is in a league of its own.

Only reason I pull for SEC teams when they are playing OoC is that it helps the conference look better when they win quality games.

As far as in conference? No. No no no. Especially the likes of Tennessee or Arkansas.

I like Florida unless they are playing us (I like Mike White and liked Donovan before him).

Anyone else I’m kind of neutral on.

I don't get it. In fact, in my experience, in basketball, the other SEC fans vehemently cheer against us, as does every other fanbase in the country. I don't do the 'Bama football/UK basketball "kindred spirit" thing either.

[pfftt]

Screw the conference.

In basketball, everybody hates us. Period. I have yet to have seen or heard any other fanbase cheer for UK basketball.

In football, we are by and large irrelevant to the other SEC schools. They couldn't care less about how well we do, and generally make fun if us.

Who do I cheer for? The underdog. Unless its UK, I cheer for the underdog.

End rant.

Last edited:
Eh ---In recent years-- other than Florida, no SEC school has consistently held up its end of the deal as far as representing the conference well.
So none of em should be yapping too much, though I don't mind some excitement within the conference.

Some of y'all just need someone to be mad at. I moved to Louisville from Little Rock in '91 and been here ever since. I absolutely love the state of Kentucky and have hundreds of close friends that are UK fans. The first few years were an absolute blast then we went down the shitter. You really can't judge people from message boards and social media.

I coach fast pitch 18U girls here and have for many years. We come to Lexington all of the time. 60% of my girls are UK fans and the rest are either IU or UL fans. Same with the parents. We all get along just fine. Go on trips together, break bread. Like a big extended family.

Hogville is a cesspool.

How does someone have nearly 27,000 posts, but only 50 likes? No offense, I am genuinely curious. I mean, shouldn't there be more likes just by pure chance alone?

Reactions: H00SIER-Cat
It's mainly just the Arkansas fans. They are very bitter towards UK and its players/coaches for some reason. Never understood why. The Arkansas fans that visit here are usually pretty solid, not sure why the national board is different.

How does someone have nearly 27,000 posts, but only 50 likes? No offense, I am genuinely curious. I mean, shouldn't there be more likes just by pure chance alone?

The posts carry over but the likes just started recently. I don't post much over there or on the main board. Mostly just the home board. Are likes really that important to you?

Reactions: Joerupp
Glad the league is really strong this year. We really need Egbunu back. Team is one tier above Charmin softness currently.

Reactions: JunkyardHawg
Thank goodness for some competition. Too many UK fans spend months complaining the SEC "sucks," yet have hurt feelings when the talking heads criticize the weak SEC. I want a strong conference. Tired of espn annually calling the Big 12 the deepest conference (it isn't) and acting like the ACC is in a league of its own.
I never understood how the BIG10 and BIG12 were thought of as great conferences. I just don't get it. The BIG10 hasn't won a title since 2000 and Michigan State is the only school that has really accomplished anything of note in 20+ years.
Same with the BIG12, you have 1 team that totally dominates the conference and the rest have shown nothing in the NCAAT.
I think the fighting Buddy Heild's made it to the FF 2 years ago, but proceeded to get smacked by Nova. KU won a title in 08, but what did the BIG12 do between 88 and 08?
Meanwhile the SEC has had 3 different schools win national titles, two of them have won multiple national titles and all 3 have been to multiple final fours. Add South Carolina's Final Four trip last year and I think only the ACC can claim better overall tournament success. Maybe the Big East has an argument too.
Not to mention the SEC has been consistently under-seeded because if it's poor reputation. A reputation earned in November and December each season.
At some point the BIG10 and BIG12 need to get called out by the so called experts.

Last edited:
Reactions: VAWildcat15
It's mainly just the Arkansas fans. They are very bitter towards UK and its players/coaches for some reason. Never understood why. The Arkansas fans that visit here are usually pretty solid, not sure why the national board is different.
I have never been bitter towards a UK Fan or Player, in fact, I like Kentucky so much that I married a Kentucky girl almost 30 years ago. Now Calipari and Barbee are a completely different story, but my dislike for them isn't towards Kentucky, it goes way back to at least the Memphis State days.

Reactions: JimboBBN
I have never been bitter towards a UK Fan or Player, in fact, I like Kentucky so much that I married a Kentucky girl almost 30 years ago. Now Calipari and Barbee are a completely different story, but my dislike for them isn't towards Kentucky, it goes way back to at least the Memphis State days.
Pics of said Kentucky girl or it didn't happen!

Truthfully, EVERY school hates us, so that’s a minute point. However, we need SEC schools to do somewhat well since that’s the only thing that helps out seeding consistently year in and year out.

(Truth be told - Arkansas (until Anderson leaves) can go to hell along with Missouri.

I’m honestly indifferent about the rest

Totally fair. And like I said, there seems to be NO issues at all with the Hawg fans that post on RR. The ones on the national board really dislike UK for some reason.

Oh, and yea, pics or GTFO

Pretty broad statement there Mr. Morris. I would be interested to know if you have ever met or spent any time with an Arkansas Fan?
What we all lose sight of is every teams fans want to win, I don't get all this trashing of other teams and their fans. I would love to to go back to good sportsmanship and treat each other with class win or lose, we are all americans, at least most of us. Before someone reminds me that they have been treated without respect from any teams fans, so I have I but that doesnt mean they are all that way, lets show some brotherly love, our acts aren't going to change the outcome of the games.

This exactly
Yes there are individual fans that are real jerks. Like the idiot contingent of the UK fan base though, while vocal, they’re in the minority.

We need SEC programs to be strong. It benefits UK when they are.

Why worry about trash talk anyway? It only affects you if you let it

You’re here because...?

We can hate all the other SEC Teams and say we don't GAF about them, but we need them to hold their own. It affects UK's seeding in the NCAAT.
All these ACC, BIG10 and BIG12 teams get bumped up because the strength of their conferences is perceived to be great, while SEC schools consistently get pushed a seed line or two down because the perception of the SEC is that it sucks. Well, we need those other 15 SEC teams to get with the program, which they are doing this year. It might make the difference between getting a 3 or a 4 seed.

Last edited:
Passive aggressive hog fans.
Now that is a funny one. Years ago, back when this board was Catspause, or something like that, we used to have some spirited, smack infused discussions here and had a lot of fun with you guys, but for the last several years, the board appears to have been taken over by a bunch of entitled snowflakes that would rather complain about officiating and opposing fans.

Now that is a funny one. Years ago, back when this board was Catspause, or something like that, we used to have some spirited, smack infused discussions here and had a lot of fun with you guys, but for the last several years, the board appears to have been taken over by a bunch of entitled snowflakes that would rather complain about officiating and opposing fans.
Way to generalize pal. Got your little political jab in there too. Classy.

Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
Way to generalize pal. Got your little political jab in there too. Classy.
Nothing personal at all, but one thing I am not is passive aggressive. This has always been the most active board in the land, but along with many others, if not all, has become really soft, and generally against any opposing views. Have a great night Zen.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT