ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Champ Game

robo222

Senior
Nov 21, 2008
I'm pick'n dem Bayou Bengal Tigers...
Laissez les bon temps rouler...........

Kind of wondering how motivated LSU will be given that most (not all) experts think they will be in the playoff no matter who wins.

Interesting matchup - strength vs strength (LSU offense vs UGa D), and weakness vs weakness (UGa offense vs LSU defense). My sense is LSU will find it easier to score than UGa.

Reactions: NavyCat88
Kind of wondering how motivated LSU will be given that most (not all) experts think they will be in the playoff no matter who wins.
Tickets from the LSU side seem to be easy to come by. Seems they're saving $$$ for the CFP. Dawgs should have a nice crowd and LSU's defense is much better in Baton Rouge.

They'd better show up. IMO, they WON'T be in the CFP if they lose. We'll likely never know for sure since LSU should win, but we may find out. Look at the last poll. Inexplicable dropping of 7 spots of Bama after a loss to a strong team...ranking penn st higher. IMO, there's a pattern and that pattern reveals a desire to keep the SEC from having that second spot. The college Football version of the "deep state" would prefer to have four teams from different conferences, from different parts of the country. Either Utah, Baylor or Oklahoma will be in the final 4 no matter what happens with LSU/UGA. I'll bet a cup of coffee on it.

They'd better show up. IMO, they WON'T be in the CFP if they lose. We'll likely never know for sure since LSU should win, but we may find out. Look at the last poll. Inexplicable dropping of 7 spots of Bama after a loss to a strong team...ranking penn st higher. IMO, there's a pattern and that pattern reveals a desire to keep the SEC from having that second spot. The college Football version of the "deep state" would prefer to have four teams from different conferences, from different parts of the country. Either Utah, Baylor or Oklahoma will be in the final 4 no matter what happens with LSU/UGA. I'll bet a cup of coffee on it.
There nothing deep state or conspiratorial about it. It's in the rules of the selection. Teams who win their conference championship have priority in making the playoffs. Nothing anti sec about it. No secret, it's written on their website. The fact that the sec is the only conference to ever get two teams in despite their rules shows the sec gets treated fairly all things considered.

I think it's more people are tired of seeing Bama vs Clemson, of course the conference's getting left out don't like 2 SEC teams making it in. Personally I don't think you should be in it if you don't win your conference and for sure if you don't win your division.

I think it's more people are tired of seeing Bama vs Clemson, of course the conference's getting left out don't like 2 SEC teams making it in. Personally I don't think you should be in it if you don't win your conference and for sure if you don't win your division.
Yep. It's Bama fatigue, plus a reflection that Bama without Tua simply isn't viewed the same way. Same result with Tua, even with the fatigue - they'd have dropped but not like that. My sense is OSU and LSU are safely in the 4 even with a loss in the conference title game.

Interesting matchup - strength vs strength (LSU offense vs UGa D), and weakness vs weakness (UGa offense vs LSU defense). My sense is LSU will find it easier to score than UGa.
^^^^^^^
Precisely. IMO, it all comes down to whether or not LSU's defense can stop UGA's run game. If LSU's D can force Fromm to throw to move the chains, I think LSU wins by a couple of scores. Conversely, if UGA can run the ball on offense and keep LSU's O on the sideline (and the superior Bulldog defense resting on the sideline as well)...Georgia can absolutely win this game.

I am also of the opinion that LSU needs the win to get in the playoffs. If OSU and Clemson are undefeated they're in, and UGA is "in" by virtue of the SEC Championship. I'm not convinced the playoff committee will spurn one-loss PAC 12 CHAMPION Utah IN ADDITION TO a one-loss Big 12 CHAMPION Oklahoma/Baylor for a SEC one-loss also-ran that has been good, but less than dominant on both sides of the ball. LSU has looked shaky on D several times this season PLUS the Bama win loses its luster with the follow-on Tide loss to three-loss Auburn.

Win and you're in.....as it should be.

GBB!

Last edited:
Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
LSU is in the playoffs regardless...Georgia is playing for the playoffs.

I think LSU is the best team this year...but I think UGA wins Saturday.

LSU, the more complete team with the more explosive offense, should handle GA.
Florida and Auburn gave LSU games in Baton Rouge. We haven't been "handled" this year. It should be another great SECCG. We have the players to beat anyone... if we could just get our offense playing efficiently we'll hang with them.

Florida and Auburn gave LSU games in Baton Rouge. We haven't been "handled" this year. It should be another great SECCG. We have the players to beat anyone... if we could just get our offense playing efficiently we'll hang with them.
I stand by my prediction. I don’t have a dog in this hunt. You do. I am just calling it as I see it.

I’ll pull for the tigers. As a Tennessee resident there are far too many TN and GA fans that never shut up so anytime they lose is uplifting

If Georgia beats LSU, they will be the “ Only” SEC team in the playoffs. This playoff system is set up to not take two teams from any conference even though they should.

Georgia two best receivers are out and Swift is banged up, they are not deep at WR. They will be playing against the best DB's in college football and Fromm has been struggling some lately, Georgia hasn't faced a QB as good as Burrow and LSU is on a mission, they destroyed A&M and Georgia struggled with them. LSU wins this game

UGA never should of stuck with Fromm over Fields. It going to cost them big this year and is in this game here. No way FROMM is better then Fields do not understand what UGA Coaches were thinking!

Reactions: PowerofPelphrey
If Georgia beats LSU, they will be the “ Only” SEC team in the playoffs. This playoff system is set up to not take two teams from any conference even though they should.
That isn't true. Bama and UGA were just there 2 years ago. LSU would be clearly better than Oklahoma by any view. There is no way they wouldn't be in the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT