ADVERTISEMENT

SEC #2 Seed

UKat51

Junior
Gold Member
May 9, 2003
Lexington
Hope Alabama wins all of its remaking games.

Tennessee, TAMU and Auburn are all 7-2 and we are 6-3 with tie breaker wins over TN and TAMU.

Alabama plays all and with another loss by each of these teams (providing we beat Auburn at home) means our records would could end tied at the end of the season.

We win tie breakers and have a 2seed in the opposite bracket from Alabama in the SEC tournament

Very possible outcome

Got to take it one game at a time. We could end up with a 2-7 seed. Each game is important. Most likely will end up around a 4-6 seed.

If we beat tennessee we’ll be able to afford another loss and still get the 2 seed (assuming they atleast lose to Bama). Honestly we just need to get the 2 or 3 to avoid Bama until the finals. I expect Auburn to lose a bunch more games and the top 4 seeds to be:

1. Bama (lock)
2-4: UT, UK, A&M (in no order)

I've felt UF is going to be a tough game for awhile now. Saturday could be tough, especially if Wallace doesn't play again.
Maybe Wallace will be healthier with 4 days of addition rest with light workouts. 🤞🤞

Reactions: ORCAT

Tennessee, TAMU and Auburn are all 7-2 and we are 6-3 with tie breaker wins over TN and TAMU.

Alabama plays all and with another loss by each of these teams (providing we beat Auburn at home) means our records would could end tied at the end of the season.

We win tie breakers and have a 2seed in the opposite bracket from Alabama in the SEC tournament

Very possible outcome
Works for me.

Man, I really hope so. Would love for nothing more than for us to be playing our best basketball in a 6 weeks and go on a run.
All we really need is for Fredrick and Reeves to be making, and an improved defense. Last year UNC made run mostly because Love got hot.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Sat night is a monster game v UF
They are 6-2 their last 8 games and are coming of their biggest win of the year v #2 UT by 13 pts. UK has won 5 straight games in the SEC.
Both teams are 6-3 in the SEC and both are in the KP top 40.
Id say both are currently in the Dance with the loser of Sat. game falling out of the Dance picture for the time being.
Plus, its my only sibling’s (sister) birthday!

Last edited:
After how this season has and is still going, I'm shocked we're able to talk about this as a feasible, non-HerrosHeroes-hyped-up dream scenario.

However, as another poster stated, one game at a time is all we can do right now, and Calipari needs to bring the best lineups and stop this BS tinkering. If we can maintain the energy and results from our little enlightened win streak, we may be able to at least make it to the 2nd weekend in the NCAAT (yes, I know that's still shitty expectations/hopes, but at this point, we need something, and a couple wins in the NCAAT would feel nice, especially since we'll probably be a 7-10 seed anyway, so the competition will be stout in the first weekend).

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Agreed. Saturday’s game is huge. Hope Florida is emotionally spent after upsetting #2 Tennessee

We play UF both at home this Saturday and in late February at their place. We have 2 games each against both Florida and Arkansas left and both are playing pretty well. Also home games against Auburn and Tennessee. It's not a difficult schedule on paper, but it is with the way Florida and Arkansas are now playing.

Auburn has a very tough schedule with away games against Bama Tennessee UK and A&M and they got UT and Bama at home as well.

A&M just has home games against Auburn, UT, and Bama left on their schedule. Overall, a relatively easy path.

IP

Very possible outcome
The good news short term is TN plays AUB next so that's 1 loss for one of the 4 in front of us this week. If we take care of business and a few games go our way we could be in the top 4 by Monday.

Reactions: Smashcat
No doubt, we need a bye to have ANY chance to win the SECT. Honestly, I don't think we have much of a chance either way, but 4 games in 4 days would be impossible for this group.
I agree, winning four games in four days wouldn't be likely! However, let's say we're 22-9 (13-5 in the SEC). First I would think 13-5 would garner a double bye, but let's say we end up the 5 seed... Think it would potentially help to be able to pick up another win on that Thursday. So much of the SEC Tournament doesn't count for the resume since the Final is on Sunday, unfortunately. Let's say they are the 5 seed, and can go 3-1 in the SEC Tournament. 25-10 overall. Think that potential extra win helps us potentially bump up a seed line? 25 wins ahead of the NCAA tournament ain't all that bad.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
I agree, winning four games in four days wouldn't be likely! However, let's say we're 22-9 (13-5 in the SEC). First I would think 13-5 would garner a double bye, but let's say we end up the 5 seed... Think it would potentially help to be able to pick up another win on that Thursday. So much of the SEC Tournament doesn't count for the resume since the Final is on Sunday, unfortunately. Let's say they are the 5 seed, and can go 3-1 in the SEC Tournament. 25-10 overall. Think that potential extra win helps us potentially bump up a seed line? 25 wins ahead of the NCAA tournament ain't all that bad.
You may well be right about needing that extra win. I hadn't thought of it from that angle. No doubt, having a chance at another win could be helpful. I was just looking at it from the "winning the tournament" angle.

Reactions: FinancialPlannerZac
We have 6 tough games left (not counting @Miss St as tough, even though it will be) and if we go 3-3, and 3-0 in the others, we would end up 21-10 (12-6 SEC). That's likely an NCAA 7 seed, but I have a hard time seeing higher than a 4 in the SEC tournament.

Last edited:
I would be thrilled to be #4 seed. I would not set such lofty goals as the #2 seed for this year we have lots of tough road games plus home to Tennesssee is likely a loss.

I would be thrilled to be #4 seed. I would not set such lofty goals as the #2 seed for this year we have lots of tough road games plus home to Tennesssee is likely a loss.
Set sights or objective higher. We have the opportunity to attain that level of success.

All in for the win

ADVERTISEMENT