ADVERTISEMENT

SDS Updated Spring Game Attendance for SEC Schools

Not sure when you saw that, but I don't think he was wild about City College expanding either, and while CWs renovation did help recruiting a great deal (think no more 15 year old "recruiting room") the main thing it accomplished was mitch's main objective-------more money-------and it did that in large part by putting thousands of fans out on the street. And I still think recruits notice the seating capacity, but while we are still ahead of Vandy I don't think the STATE UNIVERSITY will have the largest capacity in the state much longer.

I don't get the put thousands of fans out on the street comment. Season ticket holders could move but we didn't sell out of those. And the way it was handled was the best way to do it fairly. How many sellouts have we had since the stadium refurbishment? So did the 5k seats make that much difference

Anyone wanting to go that is a uk fan had many options to go. Mini packs, season tickets, or even single game if you are only wanting one game. The UGA game last year sold out on Friday the day before the game. So if you didn't get tickets that is on you.

I love the upgrades, more Room in Walkways, lighting , premium seats and I'm far from those and in the discount section (203 here). Great remodel and fit exactly what we needed to do. Should we sellout a lot Of games I'm sure an expansion will follow

Tickets were not scanned as you came in so there is no way they have an actual count. 37K is the number of tickets distributed...my estimate of butts in seats is about 20K

So women don't count if they count whose coming through the turnstiles? LOL. Commonwealth doesn't have turnstiles and they do scan every ticket that comes in the gate.

They didn't scan tickets at the gate, you just showed yours and walked in.

I don't get the put thousands of fans out on the street comment. Season ticket holders could move but we didn't sell out of those. And the way it was handled was the best way to do it fairly. How many sellouts have we had since the stadium refurbishment? So did the 5k seats make that much difference

Anyone wanting to go that is a uk fan had many options to go. Mini packs, season tickets, or even single game if you are only wanting one game. The UGA game last year sold out on Friday the day before the game. So if you didn't get tickets that is on you.

I love the upgrades, more Room in Walkways, lighting , premium seats and I'm far from those and in the discount section (203 here). Great remodel and fit exactly what we needed to do. Should we sellout a lot Of games I'm sure an expansion will follow

Quit living in the past. The last time UK had an exciting team we AVERAGED over the listed attendance for the season, with a team that didn't break even in the SEC--------BEFORE thousands of seats were deleted. And the biggest factor in the nosedive in attendance is the support UK gave football, which ran it into the ground (below ground really) AND cost UK thousands of loyal season ticket holders that still hold a grudge and have found out about the new big screens, but this talent will bring a lot of them back and attract new fans.

So last year the Georgia game sold out the day before the game. Thank you.

We are going to have a lot of very exciting players to follow coming up this season and even better in the future, with the improved records they will bring.

If we sell out every SEC home game for 2 years in a row and look like we are arriving as an annually competitive program, they will complete the overhaul by replacing the end zone suites and adding additional seating (10k?) in the West end zone, above the new suites.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Saturday Down South‏Verified account@SDS 2m2 minutes ago
Updated #SEC spring attendance:
S Carolina 12,345
UF 48,000
Ole Miss 8,000
Auburn 46,331
TAMU 21,000
Miss State 16,630
UK 37,172
MIZ 16,457

UK, UF, AU have respectful to good attendance for a spring game at over 50% capacity. Miss. State and Miz aren't awful, but A&M with about 20% Ole Miss and USC with about 20% should be embarassing and none of them were on Easter weekend. A&M has nearly 60k students. USC has filled their stadium for regular season games forever, even every game in a 23 game losing streak. I guess OM is a little down because of the pending doom, maybe Hugh should challenge people with knowledge of OM wrong doing to let it be known. I know Richt was one who turned him in, supposely Saban was the other.

I know some think OM is getting treated unfairly, but Laremy Tunsil already had his roommates for Athens, told the coaches and all the recruits he was coming. Had never been to OM until two weekends before signing day, then when our coaches went for final inhome, were met by a group of friends on the porch decked out in OM gear that they weren't taking any visits. They wouldn't even pick up the phone to call and cancel or answer calls. As it turns out it worked out the best for us, he didn't embarass us on national tv draft night. One the other hand, we recruit alot of kids head to head with Bama, win our share, maybe over half of all of them except for the kids from Alabama, so I don't think they are cheating right now, that incidental meeting was against the rules, but how much different is it than skype which isn't? Auburn on the other hand is as dirty as anyone, below average education, in the middle of no where. If it weren't for kids from Florida, Georgia and Alabama who couldn't get into UGA, UF GT, FSU and Bama, they would have an enrollment of about 5K. UAB has a higher academic reputation.
So true.

ADVERTISEMENT