ADVERTISEMENT

Scottie Barnes to FSU

Along with 2 or 3 other possibilities. It's all speculation. Calm down.

I think I could be an insider since all you have to do is have a bunch of possibilities and then if it is one of them you act like that is the one you thought it would be. Recruiting insiders are the weathermen of sports.

Ummm didn't KSR just have a post saying he could possibly be the silent verbal to UK that everyone is talking about. :joy::joy:

I don't think Pilgrim is a guru or anything. But he made it sound like he didn't think we were getting him:

"Kentucky’s chances with the top-ten prospect seemed non-existent, with sources telling KSR that mutual interest between UK and Barnes was lukewarm, at best. In fact, one source close to Barnes told KSR back in the spring that he simply didn’t see a scenario where he would “ever” end up in Lexington.

In terms of the schools in the best position to land Barnes, Oregon has long been seen as the favorite, though Florida State has emerged in recent weeks as a major contender and the new likely favorite.

Admittedly, I have to see it to believe it simply based on the strong rumblings surrounding both the Seminoles and the Ducks and the longtime absence of UK buzz. That being said, the Kentucky coaching staff likes to move in silence and work behind the scenes. You just never know with Calipari.

I don’t feel strongly enough to stand behind the rumors – correct in the end or not – but it’s at least worth passing along given the five-star forward’s upcoming official visit to Kentucky. "

But you left out the part where he does insinuate he could be the silent verbal. Don't just cherry pick the parts that fit your narrative...

This week, Ben Roberts reported from Colorado Springs that 2020 top-ten prospect Scottie Barnes had scheduled an official visit for Kentucky next weekend for the school’s annual Blue-White Scrimmage. Around the same time, it was reported that Barnes would no longer be visiting Miami (FL) and cutting the Hurricanes from his list, leaving just Florida State, Oregon, and Kentucky in contention.

Oddly enough, both sets of news came not long after Kentucky commit BJ Boston went on Hey Kentucky and hinted at UK having a major silent commitment in the frontcourt.

Coincidence? Strangely enough – especially when you factor in Barnes’ hectic recruitment and the schools long seen as the strongest contenders – it actually might not be.

On Thursday evening, a source told KSR that despite the obvious Barnes may actually be the individual Boston was referring to, with the UK staff looking to utilize the 6-foot-9, 215-pound forward as a small ball four alongside Cunningham, Clarke, and Boston.

Reactions: drew_ukfan
But you left out the part where he does insinuate he could be the silent verbal. Don't just cherry pick the parts that fit your narrative...

This week, Ben Roberts reported from Colorado Springs that 2020 top-ten prospect Scottie Barnes had scheduled an official visit for Kentucky next weekend for the school’s annual Blue-White Scrimmage. Around the same time, it was reported that Barnes would no longer be visiting Miami (FL) and cutting the Hurricanes from his list, leaving just Florida State, Oregon, and Kentucky in contention.

Oddly enough, both sets of news came not long after Kentucky commit BJ Boston went on Hey Kentucky and hinted at UK having a major silent commitment in the frontcourt.

Coincidence? Strangely enough – especially when you factor in Barnes’ hectic recruitment and the schools long seen as the strongest contenders – it actually might not be.

On Thursday evening, a source told KSR that despite the obvious Barnes may actually be the individual Boston was referring to, with the UK staff looking to utilize the 6-foot-9, 215-pound forward as a small ball four alongside Cunningham, Clarke, and Boston.

It wasn't cherry picking. He presented all the points and concluded by saying he'd have to see it to believe it. I mean I don't care about Pilgrim's "rep" as a recruiting guy. I started my post by saying he isn't a guru.

I feel like sometimes people want to bash KSR for the sake of bashing KSR. If you read that and conclude that Pilgram was saying "Barnes to UK," I don't know that there's any reason for us to continue to discuss.

It wasn't cherry picking. He presented all the points and concluded by saying he'd have to see it to believe it. I mean I don't care about Pilgrim's "rep" as a recruiting guy. I started my post by saying he isn't a guru.

I feel like sometimes people want to bash KSR for the sake of bashing KSR. If you read that and conclude that Pilgram was saying "Barnes to UK," I don't know that there's any reason for us to continue to discuss.

^^^ This!

Posting the portion of his post that said he may not be the silent verbal and leaving out the part that said he could be is the definition of cherry picking. :joy:

That sucks. I believe he’ll be a great fit There. Too bad! I would’ve loved to seen him at UK but wasn’t going to happen so good luck kid.

He's one I won't be sad over losing.

He does a lot of things well. He doesn't pop as an athlete, though. Give me Banchero or Greg Brown.
Posting the portion of his post that said he may not be the silent verbal and leaving out the part that said he could be is the definition of cherry picking. :joy:

I think posting his conclusion isn't cherry picking.

But we've obviously established you're the smartest guy in the thread.

He's one I won't be sad over losing.

He does a lot of things well. He doesn't pop as an athlete, though. Give me Banchero or Greg Brown.

I think posting his conclusion isn't cherry picking.

But we've obviously established you're the smartest guy in the thread.

Well thanks for the compliment but I don't I was insinuating that at all. I am just saying if they don't have a clue they shouldn't throw crap against the wall to see if it sticks. If they want to be taken seriously then don't be a sports version of The National Enquirer. There are people who read those things and take everything they say to heart and unfortunately they only key on good stuff so an article like that gives them false hope that we are getting those kids. I had a couple of people who read that and thought we were getting him.

Well thanks for the compliment but I don't I was insinuating that at all. I am just saying if they don't have a clue they shouldn't throw crap against the wall to see if it sticks. If they want to be taken seriously then don't be a sports version of The National Enquirer. There are people who read those things and take everything they say to heart and unfortunately they only key on good stuff so an article like that gives them false hope that we are getting those kids. I had a couple of people who read that and thought we were getting him.

a) Cal was recruiting Barnes, so yes, he should have been addressed in a recruiting column.

b) It’s not Jack’s fault people you know have poor reading comprehension skills.

Reactions: Cats192
a) Cal was recruiting Barnes, so yes, he should have been addressed in a recruiting column.

b) It’s not Jack’s fault people you know have poor reading comprehension skills.

Actually he has a disability from being shot in the head but thanks for your compassion.

I think a 9 mm but I am sure it wasn't near of a harrowing experience as what you endured. [eyeroll]

How dare you assume my pain level. It really hurt. Sometimes still get tinnitus in that ear and it was 40 years ago.

surviving a 9 milli shot to the head is pretty impressive. Imagine there isn’t a lot of those folks still around to talk about it.

How dare you assume my pain level. It really hurt. Sometimes still get tinnitus in that ear and it was 40 years ago.

surviving a 9 milli shot to the head is pretty impressive. Imagine there isn’t a lot of those folks still around to talk about it.

He has several mental and physical issues but is lucky to still be here. Depression is a bad thing.

ADVERTISEMENT