ADVERTISEMENT

Scottie Barnes to Florida St

Barnes said he wants to play PG in college, so anyone thinking of him as a “big” is a bit off. Hamilton probably promised him a PG spot and Cal can’t do that if he’s gonna be bringing in Askew and especially Cunningham. I think that likely had more to do with the sudden commitment. He talked to Calipari and was told he just isn’t gonna be a PG at UK.

I read that Scottie Barnes is a great athlete? He doesn't seem that explosive and he's kind of a plodder using his big body to get where he wants. Also, not a great shooter. He's going to be really good, but I think he's got some visions of grandeur that don't seem to fit reality.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
I think it was from a quote from Greg Brown's dad saying that they were going to talk to Cade as soon as he was back from Kentucky....

I think he also said that Cade to UK would mean an increase the likelihood of his son going to UK...

ok cool. I did see that. Thanks for the recap tho

I never thought Barnes was coming here and figured it was a waste of time recruiting him. I was starting to wonder if I was wrong with the buzz lately. Definitely odd to schedule the visit and then make a call right after. Strange days. Hard to read some of these tea leaves.

I have never read that Barnes said he wanted to be a PG. I thought that if Cal could get him OV to UK then we might stand a chance. Like other the timing of him picking Fla. St. was a little weird. As Cal say NEXT.

Either he just loves FSU or he heard something favoring UK's chances with a high level interior player (or both).

Based on what Boston said about the silent commitment stuff, one has to infer that the elite players are aware of the "secret" commitment.

Maybe the Brown-Cunningham phone stuff from yesterday got out? Or maybe Barnes just loved FSU's pitch?

Going to be an interesting couple of months.

He loved what he heard at FSU.

That’s cool maybe he can help state beat Duke again. I love when they beat them.

I can already see a cucked-out Jalen Johnson walking towards the locker room as Seminole fans storm the court after knocking off the Dukies in upset fashion. Also in this vision: Coach K berating the officials as time expires for "missing a foul" on a supposed "O'Connell got f****** fouled on that drive to the hoop" call.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Zion picked Duke! As far as I know we are still definitely hearing his name. Please take off your blue colored glasses off! Lol

What an incredible moment for you. A Miami fan, logging into a UK message board, to write a supportive post for Duke.

Tim James and John Salmons would likely disown you on the spot from the Miami Family if they heard of your comical display of program "loyalty". [laughing]

Reactions: Fox2monk
Barnes said he wants to play PG in college, so anyone thinking of him as a “big” is a bit off. Hamilton probably promised him a PG spot and Cal can’t do that if he’s gonna be bringing in Askew and especially Cunningham. I think that likely had more to do with the sudden commitment. He talked to Calipari and was told he just isn’t gonna be a PG at UK.

Winner!

Zion picked Duke! As far as I know we are still definitely hearing his name. Please take off your blue colored glasses off! Lol

Reading comprehension weak:

He was saying pick UK or some obscure program that doesn't put people into the pro's. Obviously Duke has had NBA success.

I can already see a cucked-out Jalen Johnson walking towards the locker room as Seminole fans storm the court after knocking off the Dukies in upset fashion. Also in this vision: Coach K berating the officials as time expires for "missing a foul" on a supposed "O'Connell got f****** fouled on that drive to the hoop" call.

That’s exactly how it would play out too. K flailing his arms and the Duke players not knowing what happened because a whistle wasn’t blown for a stupid reason to save them from losing.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
ADVERTISEMENT