ADVERTISEMENT

Scottie Barnes to Florida St

Either he just loves FSU or he heard something favoring UK's chances with a high level interior player (or both).

Based on what Boston said about the silent commitment stuff, one has to infer that the elite players are aware of the "secret" commitment.

Maybe the Brown-Cunningham phone stuff from yesterday got out? Or maybe Barnes just loved FSU's pitch?

Going to be an interesting couple of months.

Not surprised that he committed to FSU; with everything trending positively for Kentucky, I still never thought they’d land Barnes. But it is kinda surprising he would set a visit then commit elsewhere so soon. Almost makes me wonder if Cal nixed the visit.

Spots are there to be taken. Things change when players tell the staff they are in and Barnes was back/forth about UK all along. Talented guy, but not a guy ever expected to be in this class. Told a friend on this board other day I'd be surprised if this visit took place based on what I'd been hearing, so I take this as good news. Good luck to him, and great fit for his development. Hamilton and Staff do well with players like him. Oregon was to play with Green--which obviously is a hint Green is likely not going to end up there and doubt he plays CBB after things unfold.

Odd timing to schedule a visit then commit. Weird

EDIT: Maybe he heard someone else was coming here and didn't want the comp. Banchero or Brown??
That was my 1st thought especially after the Cunningham ,Brown phone call as well as the Banchero smoke. Might be that those guys want to play with Cade so much that they've possibly given a silent to come with Cade

Spots are there to be taken. Things change when players tell the staff they are in and Barnes was back/forth about UK all along. Talented guy, but not a guy ever expected to be in this class. Told a friend on this board other day I'd be surprised if this visit took place based on what I'd been hearing, so I take this as good news. Good luck to him, and great fit for his development. Hamilton and Staff do well with players like him. Oregon was to play with Green--which obviously is a hint Green is likely not going to end up there and doubt he plays CBB after things unfold.

I would love for Oregon's coaching staff to end up with nothing when it's all said and done and have a horrific season.

They need to atone for their recruiting sins the last few years. Something like a 13-17 season would be just the thing to satisfy my petty desire for trivial vengeance.

I would love for Oregon's coaching staff to end up with nothing when it's all said and done and have a horrific season.

They need to atone for their recruiting sins the last few years. Something like a 13-17 season would be just the thing to satisfy my petty desire for trivial vengeance.
It's not petty my friend! It's called justice.

Last edited:
Stupid is as stupid does. FSU, laugh. But, seriously, I agree with the poster that said they don't pay attention to all the posts, rumors, etc. until someone is signed.

Either he just loves FSU or he heard something favoring UK's chances with a high level interior player (or both).

Based on what Boston said about the silent commitment stuff, one has to infer that the elite players are aware of the "secret" commitment.

Maybe the Brown-Cunningham phone stuff from yesterday got out? Or maybe Barnes just loved FSU's pitch?

Going to be an interesting couple of months.

what's the Brown-Cunningham phone stuff? I have missed this tidbit

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Chess not checkers.

He's actually a good fit at FSU. Good development spot for long combo forwards with his skills, and it's close to home. No threat to us, helps them in the ACC against Duke, Carolina and Louisville.

Yep. Plus we have quite a few wings in the fold already. We already have Fletcher, Boston and Clarke for the 2/3 spots. Allen will return. Plus you never know who will come back out of Juzang/Brooks/Whitney... I'd bet we'll see one of them return.

So Barnes was looking at a Kentucky team with quite a few mouths to feed, even if he can play the PF. I think we're all set from a wing perspective. We really just need a PG and some more true-post players.

Yep. Plus we have quite a few wings in the fold already. We already have Fletcher, Boston and Clarke for the 2/3 spots. Allen will return. Plus you never know who will come back out of Juzang/Brooks/Whitney... I'd bet we'll see one of them return.

So Barnes was looking at a Kentucky team with quite a few mouths to feed, even if he can play the PF. I think we're all set from a wing perspective. We really just need a PG and some more true-post players.

I think Barnes knows he's a 4 no matter where he goes. You play him the way you play a guy like Vanderbilt or Jonathan Isaac. Florida State will do it right, but I don't think us being heavy on wings is the reason he didn't come here. The role he'd have played is wide open, and it's the one we're selling Kuminga and others on.

Never had my hopes up really like the maturity and feel of his game for the age compared to the other front court guys in the class.

ADVERTISEMENT