Votes: 103 50.0%
  • Hybrid learning for all

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • Full Virtual

Votes: 18 8.7%

• Total voters
giphy.gif

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
While it is another executive order from the governor, the mandate stops short of requiring school districts to follow the guidance. Rather, it recommends district leaders consider several measures to help resume in-person instruction.

Here's a look at some of the guidance that's involved in the executive order:

• School districts must require universal mask usage among students, educators and staff. Masks will be required in all settings.
  • Density reductions in classrooms when possible. That means if classrooms can't actively achieve 6 feet of distancing among individuals, classroom sizes should be reduced or social distancing should be done in other settings.(Is this like a carbon tax offset? I mean, can we have a pep rally 1st hour and then be really, really, really spaced out the rest of the day?)

• Schools should evaluate their ventilation systems.

• School districts should continue to offer virtual learning that is on an equal standing with instruction that is offered in-person.(Lowest common denominator wins again)

• School districts should continue to regularly review COVID-19 incidence rate maps to determine the spread in their local communities.(For what purpose? There are higher numbers now than when you scared everybody to death in August.)
COVID-19 mitigation measures should also be followed not just in classrooms, but on school buses, in hallways and other student settings. Beshear said that means school districts should not be allowing students to move around and mix with other classrooms.(Is there a middle or high school in the state currently doing this?)

While it is another executive order from the governor, the mandate stops short of requiring school districts to follow the guidance. Rather, it recommends district leaders consider several measures to help resume in-person instruction.

Here's a look at some of the guidance that's involved in the executive order:

• School districts must require universal mask usage among students, educators and staff. Masks will be required in all settings.
  • Density reductions in classrooms when possible. That means if classrooms can't actively achieve 6 feet of distancing among individuals, classroom sizes should be reduced or social distancing should be done in other settings.(Is this like a carbon tax offset? I mean, can we have a pep rally 1st hour and then be really, really, really spaced out the rest of the day?)

• Schools should evaluate their ventilation systems.

• School districts should continue to offer virtual learning that is on an equal standing with instruction that is offered in-person.(Lowest common denominator wins again)

• School districts should continue to regularly review COVID-19 incidence rate maps to determine the spread in their local communities.(For what purpose? There are higher numbers now than when you scared everybody to death in August.)
COVID-19 mitigation measures should also be followed not just in classrooms, but on school buses, in hallways and other student settings. Beshear said that means school districts should not be allowing students to move around and mix with other classrooms.(Is there a middle or high school in the state currently doing this?)
Trash ass rules. Wear a mask for 8 hours?? if your friends aren’t in your class....tough tiddy kid you can’t mix with another class because you know.....science.

King Andy issued executive order today because he is being forced to. Don’t let him fool you, it wasn’t his doing or choice. It was the will of parents standing together to fight for their kids to get back in school. Today an order was just entered in the school re-opening case. The Circuit Court found that Kentucky Senate Bill 1 is presumed constitutional, and the emergency clause issue taking effect even with a Governor's veto is settled law. Injunction hearing to follow Thursday.
Also, HB208 is coming up for a vote which could help open schools and a class action lawsuit filed by Chris Weist in an attempt to open schools all forced king Andy’s hand.
king Andy saw the writing on the wall and is attempting to get in front and appear to be the hero. He is a clown!

King Andy issued executive order today because he is being forced to. Don’t let him fool you, it wasn’t his doing or choice. It was the will of parents standing together to fight for their kids to get back in school. Today an order was just entered in the school re-opening case. The Circuit Court found that Kentucky Senate Bill 1 is presumed constitutional, and the emergency clause issue taking effect even with a Governor's veto is settled law. Injunction hearing to follow Thursday.
Also, HB208 is coming up for a vote which could help open schools and a class action lawsuit filed by Chris Weist in an attempt to open schools all forced king Andy’s hand.
king Andy saw the writing on the wall and is attempting to get in front and appear to be the hero. He is a clown!
We got it.

I mean, yeah, this was due 6 months ago, but whatever. So happy for the kiddos and parents. What a relief. Was worried they'd be dreading the decision until August.

I guess there was no way he was going to let them cut line then decide to stay 100% virtual.

I think they mean their former students held the world together. The teachers I know were getting drunk with me after we bought booze from their former students at the store.

Good Luck to Fayette County parents. The HL will cover this in the most negative light possible.

There are no stories, anywhere that I'm aware of, of children to teacher infection. You know how hard msm is looking, so the absence tells the actual story.

In Kentucky, the best Andy could do was dishonesty imply by fake crying over the teacher that died of covid. The teacher wasn't even infected in the classroom, but he of course left that out.

In truth you can say the same thing about restaurants/bars. The best Andy could do there was cite some nyt article he read that morning that said they MUST be dangerous. Of course being pressed, he admitted he had zero proof of any infection in ky from bars/restaurants.

Nothing will change until it's politically required. Hopefully that tipping point is here.

There are no stories, anywhere that I'm aware of, of children to teacher infection. You know how hard msm is looking, so the absence tells the actual story.

In Kentucky, the best Andy could do was dishonesty imply by fake crying over the teacher that died of covid. The teacher wasn't even infected in the classroom, but he of course left that out.

In truth you can say the same thing about restaurants/bars. The best Andy could do there was cite some nyt article he read that morning that said they MUST be dangerous. Of course being pressed, he admitted he had zero proof of any infection in ky from bars/restaurants.

Nothing will change until it's politically required. Hopefully that tipping point is here.

It's shameful what the governor did with schools. Long term damage has been done to these kids.

That's good advice, because, yes, the 'optics' are indeed bad. In fact, they're terribly bad. It's amusing that these idiots are idiots on such a high level that they haven't realized this themselves, but they obviously didn't because they can't stop posting the Spring Break selfies. Even I haven't been posting vaca pics, even though no one could ever call me a hypocrite for taking a vacation during this pandemic, but I refrain anyway, simply because it's none of Karen's business. And I sure as HELL wouldn't be doing it if I was whining about work is too dangerous.

School back several days now. Zero issues because otherwise Andy would have it highlighted and underlined. Even better the recommendation now is 3 feet instead of 6.

Of course this was as predictable as the sun coming up. Our kids education and mental health sacrificed at the alter of teachers'unions and politics

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT