Votes: 78 37.9%
  • Parents choice with in-class or virtual learning

Votes: 103 50.0%
  • Hybrid learning for all

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • Full Virtual

Votes: 18 8.7%

• Total voters
Some teachers are going to get #zerofvcksgiven next time they cry about their miserable jobs.

What a complete letdown and travesty that kids in these districts have to suffer for these self-important, science-denying lazy shits.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I saw this raised today and I’m not sure I have an answer: Is there any other group of people who are flat out refusing to work unless they are vaccinated? Police? Healthcare workers? Firefighters? Grocery workers?

None of them refused to work and if we're being honest, cops had a good case to tell the public to figure life out without their services. Still went to work doing a job 100x more dangerous than telling booger eaters to do homework.

Remember that teachers refusing to work will still risk covid for Starbucks.

I saw this raised today and I’m not sure I have an answer: Is there any other group of people who are flat out refusing to work unless they are vaccinated? Police? Healthcare workers? Firefighters? Grocery workers?
$46m to Biden means they can do what they want.

Reactions: Pelosigalore

Grocery cashiers....they get to stand behind a plastic barrier. The guy bagging is on his own....lol and interacts/comes in close contact with more people than anyone. The hypocrisy and ignorance of the so called "protections" that are implemented are amazing.

Reactions: Kaizer Sosay
Grocery cashiers....they get to stand behind a plastic barrier. The guy bagging is on his own....lol and interacts/comes in close contact with more people than anyone. The hypocrisy and ignorance of the so called "protections" that are implemented are amazing.
Meat packers
Nursing home employees
Cashiers
Factory workers
Health Care
Janitorial
Cleaning companies
Police/EMS/Fire
In home services
Air travel
Mass Transportation

All substantially more likely to spread than in classrooms. Almost all have been cut in line by Teachers. All have been on the job, in the scary world, the whole time. Only reason teachers haven't is because Trump said re-open schools during the summer. Rather than agree, Dems went so hard to scare parents and teachers of the dangers in classrooms, we now have a spineless union with limitless power.

If this NTI was "like SOOOOOOOOO much harder" you wouldn't have like 80% of JCPS teachers still voting for it. Fact is, they're making the same, OR more, to work less. Period, end of story.

Teachers who don’t want to get back in person after vaccination should find another career. Simple. You signed up to provide an important service of educating kids. Do it. If you don’t want to do it because you fear for your safety then find something else. (But please don’t go to restaurants, grocery stores, etc where your students or former students have been working almost the entire pandemic).

Today someone emailed the board chairman Tyler Murphy of FCPS and mentioned lots of other places like Florida schools being open. His response was well that’s different because in Florida they have option to keep windows open for ventilation. These are the type of people we are up against. All while he himself teaches in person in another county.

Today someone emailed the board chairman Tyler Murphy of FCPS and mentioned lots of other places like Florida schools being open. His response was well that’s different because in Florida they have option to keep windows open for ventilation. These are the type of people we are up against. All while he himself teaches in person in another county.
That would make sense if North Dakota could not keep schools open because trust me it’s cold there.

The unions and teachers in heavy blue districts have been abandoned. They toed the line for the Democrats for an entire year and the party took and took.

The party has moved on. After intensive study the CDC now says it's for the best that kids attend in person. These blue districts haven't been given revised talking points and do not know how to save face.

Who knew that Bevin being such an unlikeable dickhead would have such consequences for the Commonwealth.
Agreed, I’m still mad at Bevin. I’ve never understood why Bevin, who you correctly pointed out was a major jerk, was more upsetting to people, than Sr and Jr Beshear are considered by many as good governors even though there are both terrible!

Agreed, I’m still mad at Bevin. I’ve never understood why Bevin, who you correctly pointed out was a major jerk, was more upsetting to people, than Sr and Jr Beshear are considered by many as good governors even though there are both terrible!

Because Bevin actually tried to address the teacher's pension crisis rather than just spouting platitudes and bowing to their demands?

Also, Bevin really was a dick -- like Trump but without the ability to actually make a successful joke. Now, of course, we have the complete opposite. Beshear is like someone put baby food through a strainer, added tapioca, and then stuck a microphone in front of the pool of BLAAHHHH for an hour every day (who somehow ended up being the biggest, dumbest tyrant this Commonwealth has ever seen.)

So in retrospect, "Dammit, Bevin!"

Last edited:
Bevin was a jerk. Can't get change through like that. He thought he was Trump but didn't realize he didn't have the same charisma.

His jokes just sounded cruel and nasty.
You are absolutely correct, but that should not excuse Andy Dandytails failures that he basically gets a pass on.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
You just spouting off stuff you don’t know about and hoping no one will call you on it?

Only 3 of those states are in the top 10 most educated. Guess how many are in the bottom 10.

Reactions: Hankshaker
A whole slew of FCPS system employees should be fired. Immediately. And any parent who didn't have a problem w/ this....you're fired too.
What have all of the maintenance people been doing all this time, bus drivers, lunch ladies, etc.?
They all still getting paid?

What have all of the maintenance people been doing all this time, bus drivers, lunch ladies, etc.?
They all still getting paid?

What can any of those people do about it? If somebody is writing me checks, I'm cashing them.

The maintenance guys here are in the absolute highest gear when the district is in hybrid.

While in all NTI, how much can you clean a space that isn’t used.

Our bus drivers still drove the route delivering lunches.

——

Most of the districts here are moving to 4 days/week starting 3/1.

Marshall county is going 5.

Livingston Co is starting 4/week starting this Tuesday.

My wife’s district has been going 4/week for since Andy was reigned in last month. But, their pressure also comes from being directly across the river from Missouri. Missouri has been 5 days/wk since August.

Individual schools closed there(mostly at the peak at thanksgiving) due to contact tracing and not having enough subs. It didn’t affect entire districts and wasn’t based on arbitrary definitions per 100000 of community spread.

All of the Kentucky numbers county to county are falling off a cliff at the same rate.

Some districts need to figure this out.

Info from last night’s Fayette County School board meeting:

Tyler Murphy ( FCPS School Board Chair) and the rest of the Fayette County Public Schools Board voted unanimously to approve a graduation waiver for FCPS students who are failing. The goal was to “make a way for failing students to graduate”. 😭

Instead of “making a way” for 39k of 41k FCPS students to return to their classroom this week and learn the necessary skills to graduate, they’re busy making a way for failing students to graduate while virtual!

They admitted they have enough drivers to send at least 39k of the 41k students (95%) back to class and even laughed at the parents who were volunteering to provide transportation for their students so that the district could focus their limited resources on a smaller population. Apparently we parents don’t understand simple math.

Interesting enough we learned on the call that Tyler and fellow board member Amy Green have been coordinating meetings with the legislature, Fayette County Education Association - FCEA (Jessica Hiler) and their lobbying firm Babbage Cofounder. These meetings appear to have been conducted behind the scenes, and without informing the rest of the board, to the dismay of former board chair Stephanie Spires. Stephanie said she found out the meeting happened by reading about it on Twitter. It also sounds like the meeting may have covered topics that were not officially decided as items the board agreed to.
They say they don’t have the resources to open all of our schools back up but expenses are ~$28 million less than PY on equal revenue!! You could pay a lot of bus drivers with $28 million. You could also afford to give teachers hazard pay for having to continue fighting a losing battle with virtual education while you defer your responsibilities to the district.

Perhaps it’s time for Tyler to become a School Board Member in the district he teaches in, which is Boyle County.

ADVERTISEMENT