ADVERTISEMENT

Scholarship offer for Oscar Tshiebwe coming?

UK is very high on Oscar but this isn't some guy they just discovered. They've been in contact for some time, and tracked him during his JR year, in April, and turned up the intensity in July.

Sometimes surprised how UK media is late to party as passionate as the BBN is, they miss some things. For instance a kid who hasn't been mentioned at all as a '20 target that is one of UK's top targets is Greg Brown. Nobody affiliated with UK media has mentioned him at all but UK staff loves him. Kentucky would also jump to head of pack if they offered Jalen Suggs from what I was recently told. Kansas just offered and they and UCLA are the 2 blueblood programs to offer as of right now. FB in play here, but think he'll go basketball when it's said and done. He's tight with a ton of '20 guys. Know UK loves Jeremy Roach too, but he's buying the Duke stuff right now--and Nova is stronger with him as of today. (long ways to go I know, but you all want info, here's some I have)

Reid Travis has done nothing but speak glowingly of his experience at UK to people back in Twin Cities. Loves the coaching he's getting and how they are pushing him to go outside his comfort zone. Jakarri has been beyond accurate in his assessment of Reid--who I've seen play since he was in Jr High School. He was more athletic coming out of HS--lost some bounce, but think UK will have him focus on dropping lbs and shifting his body prior to season. He's never been a high flying athlete but he's less explosive then he was entering Stanford. They trained him like you would a FB player (which he was an excellent TE prospect out of HS).

UK is very high on Oscar but this isn't some guy they just discovered. They've been in contact for some time, and tracked him during his JR year, in April, and turned up the intensity in July.

Sometimes surprised how UK media is late to party as passionate as the BBN is, they miss some things. For instance a kid who hasn't been mentioned at all as a '20 target that is one of UK's top targets is Greg Brown. Nobody affiliated with UK media has mentioned him at all but UK staff loves him. Kentucky would also jump to head of pack if they offered Jalen Suggs from what I was recently told. Kansas just offered and they and UCLA are the 2 blueblood programs to offer as of right now. FB in play here, but think he'll go basketball when it's said and done. He's tight with a ton of '20 guys. Know UK loves Jeremy Roach too, but he's buying the Duke stuff right now--and Nova is stronger with him as of today. (long ways to go I know, but you all want info, here's some I have)

Reid Travis has done nothing but speak glowingly of his experience at UK to people back in Twin Cities. Loves the coaching he's getting and how they are pushing him to go outside his comfort zone. Jakarri has been beyond accurate in his assessment of Reid--who I've seen play since he was in Jr High School. He was more athletic coming out of HS--lost some bounce, but think UK will have him focus on dropping lbs and shifting his body prior to season. He's never been a high flying athlete but he's less explosive then he was entering Stanford. They trained him like you would a FB player (which he was an excellent TE prospect out of HS).
Anything between Kentucky and Jalen Green? Or Anthony Edwards ?

Would this word make its way to Rochester, per chance?

Sure but Reid was a Howard Pulley/DeLaSalle kid (Nike) and Hurt and family are all D1MN (Adidas) so their relationship isn't that close but Hurt family can talk with Travis about things at UK from a MN perspective and specifically from a kid who has played in 2 programs about what makes UK different if/when he visits.

Hurt is open to blue bloods and noticed Kansas just offered his AAU teammate Zeke Nnaji yesterday and that's staff I'd say Hurt family has best relationship with right now. Know Matthew really likes Tyrese Maxey from that USA Basketball event that took place during Final Four so that's a help for UK.

Sometimes surprised how UK media is late to party as passionate as the BBN is, they miss some things. For instance a kid who hasn't been mentioned at all as a '20 target that is one of UK's top targets is Greg Brown.
Tell me about him

Thats just Sea of Blue, they feel the need to "write" something so we get stuff like this from them.

Yep bet he will be our next commit in a few weeks. A great start to our big recruiting . Get him and then add 1-2 more guards (Depending on if Quick and Herro are one and done like I think ) and 3 more bigs . This recruiting class is going to be deeeeeep.

With Nick’s improvement, I now think we cd lose our entire frontcourt - that’s 4 elite guys to replace. He needs to offer OT yesterday.

I don’t see Wiseman as a “must get’. I would rather have this kid!

I’d be thrilled with OT. I think our staff could do wonders with wiseman though. His biggest issue seems to be playing with consistent energy. Cal and Payne would fix that.

I’ve always thought Wiggins made the worst pick of the 4 final teams. His weakness coming out of high school was that he would sometimes play disinterested. Cal is just a much better motivator than self. Self’s guys don’t play with a lot of emotion period. Any one of Roy, cal or Hamilton would have been a better fit.

Can’t believe he got a max contract. If he gets a max contract again then we can truly say it didn’t matter where he played ball in college. His career was gonna play out the same way no matter what.

Wiseman isn’t as good as Wiggins was in high school. But like Wiggins I think he needs a motivator to reach his full potential.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
ADVERTISEMENT