ADVERTISEMENT

Scalzo commits to Kentucky

Wow. Didn't see that coming this early, but he's been here, a lot, and I think his whole family and half his team have made the trip.

This is one that Eddie Gran apparently really wanted.

Now we have to keep him!

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
1. Looks like UK's version of Johnny Football.
2. Is this a sign that for all the QBs could be on...we tend to migrate to those QBs who can move their feet and maybe a trend that we fully intend to stick with RPO as a staple of the offensive scheme.

2. Is this a sign that for all the QBs could be on...we tend to migrate to those QBs who can move their feet and maybe a trend that we fully intend to stick with RPO as a staple of the offensive scheme.
Height not as important at qb anymore. Oline have gotten so big that no qb is seeing over those guys. More premium starting to be put on pocket mobility.

Let's see... Arm talent? Check... Brains? Check... Athleticism? Check...

That's enough for me, as long as no one mistakes him for an equipment manager getting off the bus.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Like this, but like the 2 Pro-Style QBs more. Hope we can get Bazelak or Wolfe too

I am 99% sure if he stays on, we will see a commitment from his teammate O-lineman Jamari Williams. They seem pretty close in one of his Youtube vids and already has a UK offer.
We are considered his #2 choice, but I think Scalzo's commitment will change that.

This dude has his own YouTube channel and posts a lot of vlogs if anyone gets bored and wants to check him out. Seems like a really good guy. We have NOTHING to worry about in the confidence category.

Bahaha not 1 decedent D1 offer SMFDH!
Let him blow up just a lil bit gain that extra.1 and that 4th star and get 2-3 good offers and he is gone. This is almost as hilarious as it is sad haha. We know how this plays out boys waaaaaaaaaaay to early. The big boys usually start calling round September.

They let us do all the work then cherry pick our butts. Yawn. Wake me if we still have him on signing day with at least an offer from Miami, ANY Florida school, Alabama, UGA, or LSU. If he has that resume instead of Kent state and popcorn state and is still here, or more than lol Ivy league teams SMH y'all something else. Ivy league is not a good thing BTW in football. Il be shocked if we keep him with 2-3 of the big boy offers.

Let him blow up just a lil bit gain that extra.1 and that 4th star and get 2-3 good offers and he is gone. This is almost as hilarious as it is sad haha. We know how this plays out boys waaaaaaaaaaay to early. The big boys usually start calling round September.

They let us do all the work then cherry pick our butts. Yawn. Wake me if we still have him on signing day with at least an offer from Miami, ANY Florida school, Alabama, UGA, or LSU. If he has that resume instead of Kent state and popcorn state and is still here, or more than lol Ivy league teams SMH y'all something else. Ivy league is not a good thing BTW in football. Il be shocked if we keep him with 2-3 of the big boy offers.

Make up your mind, which one is it, either he isn't any good which is why we got him or he will blow up and desert us, which is it, you can't have both.

Oh, it's you, never mind, I know which one you think it is.

I really like this kid but I'm not going to get too excited until he signs. Hopefully he doesn't have a "game changer" offer coming.

Get him and Robinson and UK will have a Smurf package. Who is the WR #1 on his vid, looks really good.

Reactions: K_TIME
I really, really like this commitment. I have a strong feeling he is not going to be a Jones or Williams and bail when the big boys come calling. And they will come calling. Size may not be THE FACTOR in a quarterback, especially when one has heart and a chip on their shoulder.

Another very important factor is this keeps the South Florida pipeline rolling and their is a whole lot of talent down there that could be headed to Lexington. Yes I do like this one. A lot.

He's 5'11 (supposedly), white, and still pulled off a 5.7 RR. Must be good at something.

Reactions: jauk11
i'm no evaluator of film... Be it Hollywood or HUDL I don't know much other than I know what I like when I see it... This young man has been #1 on my wish list and his commitment is an unexpected surprise... Read J Roland tweet about NS ... I don't know how to include those in a post.... But I second that emotion.

I thought I'd read somewhere that this ship had sailed.
That was my assumption too. Now I am wondering if Stoops intends to take 2 quarterbacks in the class, although current speculation is otherwise. I probably view this verbal differently than most fans. Stoops has been building a deeper roster, in order to increase competition. Hoak, Wilson, Clark, Wood. Now comes Scalzo, who might turn out to be the only quarterback prospect on UK's 2019 board willing to take a number and wait in this long line. Then, maybe, Beau Allen comes next and inherits the future starting role at some point. It hasn't been talked about much yet, but I think Danny Clark turned some heads in the BWG. I also wonder if late decommits by Mac Jones and Jarren Williams may have modified our coaches' thinking. Scalzo has excellent feet, but I am more skeptical than most fans about his lack of length. It's going to be a challenge for him. If it turns out Scalzo won't see the field much as a quarterback, which might happen in the event Clark and Allen become successful here, then he could move to slot receiver rather than having to transfer.

Last edited:
i'm no evaluator of film... Be it Hollywood or HUDL I don't know much other than I know what I like when I see it... This young man has been #1 on my wish list and his commitment is an unexpected surprise... Read J Roland tweet about NS ... I don't know how to include those in a post.... But I second that emotion.

His film is really fun to watch. He is a bit risky and has WRs who fight for contested balls. He is not afraid to throw on the roll, scramble, or any other act of mobility. It’s one of the best Hufl films I have watched.

. Scalzo has excellent feet, but I am more skeptical than most fans about his lack of length. It's going to be a challenge for him. If it turns out Scalzo won't see the field much as a quarterback, which might happen in the event Clark and Allen become successful here, then he could move to slot receiver rather than having to transfer.
5'11 isn't prototypical height but Lamar Jackson ripped college football a new one and he's basically an inch or two taller than 6'0 himself. Johnny Football as well. The kid Tua for Alabama is short in stature...I've got a feeling he'll be fine.

As long as you spread the field and don't do a ton of double TE stuff...smaller kids do just fine in college if they can move their feet which Scalzo has a in spades.

Reactions: jauk11 and Soupbean

I'll take you up on the "wake me up till signing day" thing. Think that's a plan for all. Have a good nap.

I think so K. In todays game speed and mobility seem to be the danger weapon a lot are going for and I'm on board with that. I'm to the point I feel more confident moving the chains with a third down scramble from an athlete than a third and 7 pass.

You really did not have to list "Miami, ANY Florida school" In your over dramatic, not funny (ha ha, lol, bwaaaa) negative post. Seeing that Miami is IN Florida, no need to list both. I wish UK could find out why we are the only school in the nation that has guys flip after they get a bigger offer.

Reactions: JC CATS
Wow. Didn't see that coming this early, but he's been here, a lot, and I think his whole family and half his team have made the trip.

This is one that Eddie Gran apparently really wanted.

Now we have to keep him!
How long before Miami offers?

Annnnnd. Boom.

Hopefully we can sway his 2 teammates also considering UK. (OL Jamari Williams and TE Nikolas Ognenovic)

You really did not have to list "Miami, ANY Florida school" In your over dramatic, not funny (ha ha, lol, bwaaaa) negative post. Seeing that Miami is IN Florida, no need to list both. I wish UK could find out why we are the only school in the nation that has guys flip after they get a bigger offer.

Maybe he meant Miami of Ohio
Hear Coach Martin is killing it on the recruiting trail! :smiley:

This is really sad.

ADVERTISEMENT