ADVERTISEMENT

SC does something we haven’t seen yet..

Aug 30, 2018
They throw the ball a lot... Outside of Murray State.. we’ve been playing primarily running teams! I still feel like one of our weaknesses is in the secondary although it shouldn’t be with the stars and veteran leadership we have... this worries me! I still think Kentucky will win because our crowd is going to be insane; however, I do think this game will be a higher scoring affair then we’ve been accustom too! What do y’all think???

Our pass rush looked pretty good last week. If we keep that up I'm not worried about it.
SC is 1st in the SEC and fifth in the nation with only 3 sacks allowed. You guys do have a good dline but you won't get the same pressure as you did in MSU. We have played UGA already as well included in those 3 sacks and I think UGA has every bit a defense Kentucky has with all their athletes

SC is 1st in the SEC and fifth in the nation with only 3 sacks allowed. You guys do have a good dline but you won't get the same pressure as you did in MSU. We have played UGA already as well included in those 3 sacks and I think UGA has every bit a defense Kentucky has with all their athletes

Where is USC with TFL and hurries? Not being a jerk, seriously asking.

Keep tellng yourself that as you step into the Cats Lair the home of Josh Allen and the 2nd ranked D in the SEC only behind a team we have already destroyed in Miss St. You guys are in trouble.

Last edited:
Reactions: StevieJFTW07
Keep tellng yourself that as you step into the Cats Lair the home of Jared Allen and the 2nd ranked D in the SEC only behind a team we have already destroyed in Miss St. You guys are in trouble.
His name is Josh Allen not Jared Herros ?????? Yikes!

They throw the ball a lot..
Florida threw it 38 times. That’s kinda a lot. With the pass rush we’re getting and the way our secondary is covering I hope USCjr throws it on every down.
Yeah Florida had to throw because they were down; however, there is a big difference in Felipe Franks and Jake Bentley!
Felipe isn’t as accurate nor as good as Bentley and that’s what I was meaning... I should’ve clarified better! We are facing a QB that’s known for throwing for the first time!

They throw the ball a lot... Outside of Murray State.. we’ve been playing primarily running teams! I still feel like one of our weaknesses is in the secondary although it shouldn’t be with the stars and veteran leadership we have... this worries me! I still think Kentucky will win because our crowd is going to be insane; however, I do think this game will be a higher scoring affair then we’ve been accustom too! What do y’all think???
Our passing defense efficiency is 6th in the nation and they’ve only allowed two passing TDs through 4 games.

Our back 4 are a strength on the Defense.

Keep tellng yourself that as you step into the Cats Lair the home of Josh Allen and the 2nd ranked D in the SEC only behind a team we have already destroyed in Miss St. You guys are in trouble.
Dude come on UK has a good defense but you gonna sit here and tell me it's better than UGA's with 5 stars running around everywhere

I completely agree. This is going to be a TOUGH game as this team will score points. They have good receivers. Their QB is not always consistent, but he's a better passer than either Franks or Fitzgerald.

Reactions: LNAllison
Our passing defense efficiency is 6th in the nation and they’ve only allowed two passing TDs through 4 games.

you have played Felipe Franks and Nick Fitz. Not saying it's still not good but you haven't faced a top 100 passing game yet

Numbers are misleading though I believe considering Felipe Franks isn’t that accurate of a passer and Nick Fitz isn’t known for throwing the football! I agree that we are strong in the secondary but I’m still skeptical until we face a true passing QB.
I’d say you could say everything about our defense is a strength, but I’d venture to say the secondary is the worst of the bunch; however, still strong though!

Florida threw it 38 times. That’s kinda a lot. With the pass rush we’re getting and the way our secondary is covering I hope USCjr throws it on every down.
Yeah but they weren't good at it and that's the point. This is the first team that has a strong passing game. UK has left players uncovered so they can apply more pressure in the running game. It hasn't shown up so far because our opponents couldn't make the throws needed to find the open receivers.

The deep outside is open against us all day and all night. But that is a very difficult throw to make. From what I've seen only Drew Locke and Fromm are likely to make that throw consistently. Bentley is good but I don't see him hitting that throw on a regular basis either.

If we are successful at running the ball and take away their run we shouldn't have much of a problem with them unless we turn it over a lot.

Reactions: Derrin Rogers
So far, our defense effort looks different from last year. Its gotten better. I hope we can cover USC's offense with a lot of pressure.

Yeah but they weren't good at it and that's the point. This is the first team that has a strong passing game. UK has left players uncovered so they can apply more pressure in the running game. It hasn't shown up so far because our opponents couldn't make the throws needed to find the open receivers.

The deep outside is open against us all day and all night. But that is a very difficult throw to make. From what I've seen only Drew Locke and Fromm are likely to make that throw consistently. Bentley is good but I don't see him hitting that throw on a regular basis either.

If we are successful at running the ball and take away their run we shouldn't have much of a problem with them unless we turn it over a lot.

Vandy d isn't great but JoeJuwan Williams is one of the top corners in our league and our slot guy blows right by him and Bentley makes a perfect throw right in time. The second vid the deep pass is the last play. Bentley can hit the pass and doesn't need very much time to do it with Smith's speed. He hit other deep routes last week as well but don't have the vid

We got eaten alive by passing teams last year because we got zero pressure on the QB. Give a team all day and even a mediocre QB is going to look good. Our secondary is good enough if we're in Bentley's face all night.
Agree but look for SC to use the quick underneath passing game to counter the rush. They will be trying to get Debo loose underneath a lot and I hope we press him hard man to man and don't play loose zone type coverage because if we do they will carve us up if given space.

Ive watched our secondary for three years and the one thing I have noticed is we are much better when they are allowed to lock up with one responsibility than when they sit back having to ready and react. We tend to stand still in zone coverage and make it way too ease for a good QB to find spots. Plus when we play man it frees up extra guys to bring pressure and pressure is the number one fear of any QB.

To employ pressure like vs. Miss. St. we'll be forced to play a lot of Cov1. That worked fine against the pedestrian receivers of Miss. St., Carolina's pass-catchers are a much higher level athlete than Miss. St.

Going to have to MIX the pressures/coverages more like we did vs. Florida. So a lot of the success this week on defense is going to depend much more on TACTICS (picking the right times) than STRATEGY (simply going in with a 'blitz-a-lot' plan of attack).

Reactions: pumpedupcats

Vandy d isn't great but JoeJuwan Williams is one of the top corners in our league and our slot guy blows right by him and Bentley makes a perfect throw right in time. The second vid the deep pass is the last play. Bentley can hit the pass and doesn't need very much time to do it with Smith's speed. He hit other deep routes last week as well but don't have the vid

USC think about what you’re doing bro... you’re showing us highlights from a win over Vanderbilt..... VANDERBILT??? Bahahaha would you like to see how to actually beat a ranked team? Because we’ve beaten two of them? Your claim to success is over Vanderbilt haha wow!

Dude come on UK has a good defense but you gonna sit here and tell me it's better than UGA's with 5 stars running around everywhere

Don’t pay too much attention to him. He thinks we’re better than Bama. Either the most optimistic person on earth or he is having a lot of fun with everyone.

Josh Allen causes a lot of problems with his presence. You have to either slide your protection or keep a back or TE to chip. That leaves a lot of one on one and creates open lanes for backers to blitz. We finally have that type of player that we’ve always watched.

Agree but look for SC to use the quick underneath passing game to counter the rush. They will be trying to get Debo loose underneath a lot and I hope we press him hard man to man and don't play loose zone type coverage because if we do they will carve us up if given space.

Ive watched our secondary for three years and the one thing I have noticed is we are much better when they are allowed to lock up with one responsibility than when they sit back having to ready and react. We tend to stand still in zone coverage and make it way too ease for a good QB to find spots. Plus when we play man it frees up extra guys to bring pressure and pressure is the number one fear of any QB.
you played man last year and Deebo is too good for that so he took the first play to the house. You can't play man the whole game with three receivers and no safety help on these guys they will burn you. This is why UGA played two deep safeties against us the whole game. Our running backs only got 13 carries that game which was frustrating but we started slow so I guess we abandoned run for a reason

Personally, I welcome the challenge of facing a top 10 passing team. This will be a good test for just how good we really are. Those questions will be answered between the white lines on Saturday night!! I for one feel good about our chances. Yes, Bentley is a better passer than those we have faced, but we have a lot of experience back there. I say bring on the Gamecocks and let our game speak for itself. We are going to biotch slap them into submission. You can't pass the ball while we are running it down your throat!

USC think about what you’re doing bro... you’re showing us highlights from a win over Vanderbilt..... VANDERBILT??? Bahahaha would you like to see how to actually beat a ranked team? Because we’ve beaten two of them? Your claim to success is over Vanderbilt haha wow!

lie to me and say that wasn't a pretty ball and very quick out of his hand

lie to me and say that wasn't a pretty ball and very quick out of his hand
Bentley vs Kentucky is 0-3 NUFF SAID

You guys realize, they have some serious game tape on Allen now. They will chip or double him all night. I fully expect this game to go down to the wire and either team could win.

Don’t pay too much attention to him. He thinks we’re better than Bama. Either the most optimistic person on earth or he is having a lot of fun with everyone.

Josh Allen causes a lot of problems with his presence. You have to either slide your protection or keep a back or TE to chip. That leaves a lot of one on one and creates open lanes for backers to blitz. We finally have that type of player that we’ve always watched.
agreed we are deff worried about his ability to speed rush on our tackles. They only allowed one sack against UGA so we'll see

You guys realize, they have some serious game tape on Allen now. They will chip or double him all night. I fully expect this game to go down to the wire and either team could win.
That’s fine... unlike years in past Josh Allen isn’t our only superstar... double team him and your leaving guys like Kash Daniels and Jordan Jones wide open...
South Carolina has a passing game which is something we haven’t seen yet! However, it’s clear that we are the better team and it’s at our place! I think the game will be close but Kentucky will win by at least a touchdown

Bentley vs Kentucky is 0-3 NUFF SAID
Thats what I thought
That’s what you thought? Lol I could throw up videos of Terry Wilson throwing beautiful touchdowns against cupcake opponents too. If you pressure Bentley he panics... always has.. I expect Bentley to finish his career 0-4 and South Carolina to play a great game but in the end with the #17 team in the nation at home it’ll spell 5 straight wins over South Carolina..

That’s what you thought? Lol I could throw up videos of Terry Wilson throwing beautiful touchdowns against cupcake opponents too. If you pressure Bentley he panics... always has.. I expect Bentley to finish his career 0-4 and South Carolina to play a great game but in the end with the #17 team in the nation at home it’ll spell 5 straight wins over South Carolina..
I was unaware the second best team in the country and Deandre Baker were cupcakes

you have played Felipe Franks and Nick Fitz. Not saying it's still not good but you haven't faced a top 100 passing game yet
We faced Bentley last year and completely controlled the game. Stoops’ defenses have always played very well against passing QBs and struggled against QBs that are mobile (Fitz, for example).

And as for what UK has faced this year. I will give you that Bentley and USC’s passing game will be the first time UK has faced a really good passing game. But Franks is really starting to heat up....and is probably better than you’re giving him credit for. He has 12 TD passes so far. That’s pretty solid.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT