ADVERTISEMENT

Saul Good Man

Not a bad place to eat and drink either.
SG3_7974.jpg

'Chicanery' in Season 3 may have been the best episode of TV I've ever seen.

Absolutely amazing production. All of it.

I'm definitely excited about this.

Normally, spin off shows SUCK. But this one is really well done.

Pretty good start to season 4 last night. Hamlins a douche. Loved his using Chucks obit to talk up the company. Starting to see the pieces coming together too.

Reactions: jameslee32
Has anything happened yet?

Between Better Call Saul and the Walking Dead, AMC has successfully milked about 45 minutes of actual content into 12+ seasons of television.

I’m curious as to how jimmy will get cheated out of his share of the class action.

Maybe not cheated, but where does that wind fall go?

Also, Chuck’s estate will have to be settled. Will chuck will his entire estate to someone to find a cure for electromagnetic hypersensitivity?

I’m curious as to how jimmy will get cheated out of his share of the class action.

Maybe not cheated, but where does that wind fall go.

Also, Chuck’s estate will have to be settled. Will chuck will his entire estate to someone to find a cure for electromagnetic hypersensitivity?

I'm pretty sure that was Howard's angle bringing up suicide. If he could prove Chuck offed himself I'm sure there is some clause like in most life insurance policies that would let HHM off the hook for some payout.

Reactions: Vandalayindustries
It was a solid first episode...slow...as usual with BCS.

I'm hoping for some payoff at some point with Gene in the future in Nebraska. I keep thinking one Mr. Pinkman is going to show up in Nebraska at some point...but to what end? Don't see Jesse and Saul starting a meth empire part 2...so doubt that happens. Something will end up happening to Saul in Nebraska though.

And I agree with a few others that the most exciting/interesting parts of the show for me are the Mike parts (and Gus parts now). I guess that is due to my Breaking Bad bias and seeing the drug part of the show and how it goes back to that. Saul's story is compelling and I love the character, but Mike's is better. I am curious if the story will ever catch up to the Breaking Bad timeline either...we are still YEARS before 2008 in the show. I know the creators we would see before BB, after and during...we have the first two but the last one has not happened yet.

Finally, wondering how many seasons this show has left...and if there is any master in game for it like for Breaking Bad. I think 2 more seasons after this current one sounds about right.

I watched the first four or five seasons of Walking Dead, then realized it was Giligan's Island, and never came back. That's how I avoided Lost. Effing GOT suckered me back in though.

HHM is going down. I've said this from this beginning of BCS. Why? Because HHM is something you never heard about in BB.

Not sure why that's relevant. Maybe you're correct, but Saul wasn't exactly doing anything other than working for Mike/Gus/Walt in BB. We really knew nothing outside of that.

Not sure why that's relevant. Maybe you're correct, but Saul wasn't exactly doing anything other than working for Mike/Gus/Walt in BB. We really knew nothing outside of that.
lol . . . okay then. I'll just put it all out there.

The entire premise of the show is about what? How does a mildly corrupt but mostly virtuous Jimmy McGill become an entirely corrupt, moraless Saul Goodman?

So much he has endured, yet so far he is from that place.

It is through his brother's image that he both suffers the most and finds his own stength the most. Powerful, ironic, conflicting, anguishing, balance.

But when he learns that his brother's image was fraudulent all the while due to . . . (I'll leave that gap open) . . . and how HHM was actually . . . (blank, blank), Jimmy dies.

Someone or something will come to Jimmy soon. Thinking they can trust only the brother of the now dead Chuck. Remember, did BB ever explain how Saul knew those people he sent Walt to meet at the truck stop?

lol . . . okay then. I'll just put it all out there.

The entire premise of the show is about what? How does a mildly corrupt but mostly virtuous Jimmy McGill become an entirely corrupt, moraless Saul Goodman?

So much he has endured, yet so far he is from that place.

It is through his brother's image that he both suffers the most and finds his own stength the most. Powerful, ironic, conflicting, anguishing, balance.

But when he learns that his brother's image was fraudulent all the while due to . . . (I'll leave that gap open) . . . and how HHM was actually . . . (blank, blank), Jimmy dies.

Someone or something will come to Jimmy soon. Thinking they can trust only the brother of the now dead Chuck. Remember, did BB ever explain how Saul knew those people he sent Walt to meet at the truck stop?
It's all still a ways off. Saul and Kim are pretty close right now but she is never mentioned in BB either.

Reactions: jameslee32
It's all still a ways off. Saul and Kim are pretty close right now but she is never mentioned in BB either.

the only thing that keeps me from believing that it is not Kim (doesn't die, doesn't betray) who sends Jimmy into the pit of Saul Goodman doom has to do with the future glimpses we see at the beginning of each BCS season. Cinnabon Gene. Where is he? Omaha, Nebraska. Where is Kim from? She grew up along the Nebraska - Kansas border. The writers do not want the viewers to shrug that off as a future, insignificant coincidence. Does he go looking for her there? Has he agreed to witness protection in Omaha to be near her?

Although it is not too late for someone to hurt Kim, for Jimmy to feel or be responsible for it, and for that to be the reason for his moral descent, it seems too late for that someone to be Chuck.

Why did Chuck hate electricity? Why did he hate it in all forms? To include the tiniest of voltages / amperages?

My guess has always been that he had been involved in an illegal activity, likely in the form of aiding to launder money for the cartel, forced to do so under the threat that harm would come to his beautiful and talented violinist virtuoso, Rebecca. At some point Chuck began to suspect he was being monitored. Maybe he found a bug. And maybe he thought it was the Feds who put it there when it was actually the cartel. Paranoia slowly degraded his sanity, and he killed himself believing death a better option than shame.

Jimmy has enjoyed small bites of revenge here and there. He made his brother's malpractice insurance go up. But still he came running when Chuck needed help. Jimmy has endured what should be intolerable forms of judgment and rejection from his brother. But say if Jimmy were to discover Chuck had placed himself in a position where those judgments and rejections where morally invalid on the basis of raw hypocrisy? That would do it.

Nice conjecture Kopi.

Or it might not be too late for Kim to just walk when she learned what Jimmy did with the documents.

But Mike is pretty interesting after hooking up with Gus and the first mention of the DEA. Maybe Hank makes an appearance soon.

Reactions: KopiKat
Howard went down really, really quick.
Very interesting that they went through the BB timeline twice.

I’d like to see this go 6 seasons max. Feel like this season is very slow.

Glenn. Love ur takes but maybe I missed something. What do u mean by ur last sentence? I don’t recall that once—much less twice
The beginning of the show was Saul packing up his office so he could leave town. That is a couple of episodes from the end of BB. The other is Mike and the other guy at the laundry talking about digging out the meth lab. That may be a bit before the story started in BB.

For anyone complaining about the pace of the show, tonight's episode should make you happy. I believe according the the PPL file that it was a 9 month time jump and we are in January 2004.

Correct. Gale ordered the equipment, but it wasn't used until WW came on board.
Do we know that gale wasn't cooking there before? Would Gus go through all of this if he didn't have a chemist in mind. Right now, Gus has never even heard of Walter White..

Do we know that gale wasn't cooking there before? Would Gus go through all of this if he didn't have a chemist in mind. Right now, Gus has never even heard of Walter White..

It's been a while since I watched those episodes of BB, but I seem to remember that Gus had Gale set the lab up specifically for Walt to come in and cook with Gale as his assistant.

It's been a while since I watched those episodes of BB, but I seem to remember that Gus had Gale set the lab up specifically for Walt to come in and cook with Gale as his assistant.
Like I said, this is January 2004. Gus doesn't know Walter White yet but he is still making the lab.

Feel like the beginning of the end of jimmy/Kim is upon us. Seemed clear in the most recent episode they are growing apart

ADVERTISEMENT