ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday day is Judgement Day

cbrwalt

Sophomore
Dec 20, 2004
I'm holding all criticism til after the Alabama game. It's possible we go on a little run here and end the season 4-1 in the last 5 games.

I saw some things we can build on last night. So if we win Saturday and look good doing it, there is still good reason to be optimistic, and it's possible the rest of the season can be quit enjoyable.

If we lose Saturday we are in full panic mode, and have to win out or do very well in SEC tournament .

Last edited:
I think we will lose at home against Alabama. This UK team has some serious problems. Way to many turn overs, how many times did you see us post up last night ? We have some very unskilled players.

Reactions: AF Cat
We need to start Quade and Shai to at least get the offense a chance to get going earlier. Start Knox at the 3, Gabriel the 4 and Richards at the 5. Then you just have to sub out 1 at a time to try and find the best possible group for that game and stick with it as much as possible. We can't keep playing defense with no offense and offense with no defense. We must play both sides of the ball simultaneously to be effective and successful.

Reactions: stenchymouse
We need to start Quade and Shai to at least get the offense a chance to get going earlier. Start Knox at the 3, Gabriel the 4 and Richards at the 5. Then you just have to sub out 1 at a time to try and find the best possible group for that game and stick with it as much as possible. We can't keep playing defense with no offense and offense with no defense. We must play both sides of the ball simultaneously to be effective and successful.
Forget Richardsat the 5–play SKJ and PJ at the 5

Reactions: EliteBlue
They can defend quite well for a young team, the only problem is we can't score either when we are playing good D. If we start playing good offense then the D goes to shit. Somehow a balance has to be found.
I wouldn't be surprised to see some offensive tweaking that might open things up.

We aren't going to win it all this year, but you can bet that we'll be playing much better by SEC tournament!

I wouldn't be surprised to see some offensive tweaking that might open things up.

We aren't going to win it all this year, but you can bet that we'll be playing much better by SEC tournament!
I tend to agree that we will somehow click in the SEC tourney and end up in the sweet 16. And I'll gladly take that with this team, however, I'm also always left with the same lingering question of where the hell is the offense going to come from. We just have way too many stretches of absolute nothing offensively and I don't know who on the team is capable of remedying that aspect of their game in 3 weeks time. Right now, I just want to get a win Saturday. I don't even give a shit how close or ugly it is. Then hopefully these guys can get a little confidence back and start putting something resembling an offense together.

It's almost like no one has ever explained to them that the ball is suppose to go in the basket and not just around it.

I tend to agree that we will somehow click in the SEC tourney and end up in the sweet 16. And I'll gladly take that with this team, however, I'm also always left with the same lingering question of where the hell is the offense going to come from. We just have way too many stretches of absolute nothing offensively and I don't know who on the team is capable of remedying that aspect of their game in 3 weeks time. Right now, I just want to get a win Saturday. I don't even give a shit how close or ugly it is. Then hopefully these guys can get a little confidence back and start putting something resembling an offense together.

It's almost like no one has ever explained to them that the ball is suppose to go in the basket and not just around it.
I think that Cal has stayed with guys and tried to make it work in a way that he believes would be best in the long run (such as hoping that Hami would become one of our best players) to give us the best chance at winning a title.

At this point, I think he'll accept what we are, and coach to win as many games as we can.

Reactions: EliteBlue
I would go with a starting five of Quade, SKG, Knox, Gabriel, & Vanderbilt, that would or be our best five offensively.

I would play PJ, & SKJ, back up minutes & Hami, & Richards, only for a minute at a time just to give someone a quick breather.

If we don't beat Bama at home Saturday, I don't think there's a doubt that we miss the NCAA Tournament. Five losses in a row with road games still at Arkansas and Florida??? Saturday is as much of a must win as there is in the regular season. The bleeding has to be stopped. Lose Saturday and we might not win but one more game all season (Mississippi). Having said all that, I think we do win Saturday but it's certainly far from guaranteed.

If we play Hami, Washington waaaaaayyyyy less minutes than they got in Auburn, we win.

I think that Cal has stayed with guys and tried to make it work in a way that he believes would be best in the long run (such as hoping that Hami would become one of our best players) to give us the best chance at winning a title.

At this point, I think he'll accept what we are, and coach to win as many games as we can.
Agree. Similar to how he stuck w Skal for a really long time until eventually Skal was getting 10 minutes a game and we rode Murray and Ulis as far as we could.

Reactions: stenchymouse
Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting.

Thot the "quit enjoyable" was QUITE the Freudian typo by the OP

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: westerncat
So we can beat WVU and damn near beat Auburn OTR, but we can't beat OMG, Arkansas ? I mean i will not guarantee victory at Bud Walton, but i sure as hell will not concede a loss. We CAN win there, but they will have to find something and finish these games.

:flush: I'm afraid this is the only momentum we'll see from this group.
Maybe, and I've accepted that this probably isn't our year.

Now I'm ready to help uplift this young, flawed team to be the best they can be without adding even more pressure.

I know that BBN is a fanbase that truly supports our teams!

Lets be positive and then assess things after the season is over.

I'm holding all criticism til after the Alabama game. It's possible we go on a little run here and end the season 4-1 in the last 5 games.

I saw some things we can build on last night. So if we win Saturday and look good doing it, there is still good reason to be optimistic, and it's possible the rest of the season can be quit enjoyable.

If we lose Saturday we are in full panic mode, and have to win out or do very well in SEC tournament .

Please stop.

For this team this is just an unrealistic expectation. Unfortunately, we need to assume that we will probably lose the rest of our games. This team does NOT need any pressure, as they cannot handle any of the pressure they’ve had all year.

This team does not value the ball at all. Shai, PJ and wenyen are the worst passers I have ever seen , yes worse than james young. The unforced errors have cost us several games this year..We will be lucky to make the tournament.

If Alabama wins, the begins to rear it’s ugly head.
NIT_Logo_Transparent_200X158.png

Reactions: crpoore
If we lose, then we lose...

This probably isn't our year to make a run, but we can try and help this team along with positive energy and support!

The BBN is supposed to love and support their team like no other!

Win or lose, lets not be fair weathered fans!

Stenchymouse, Please don't mistake fans feelings, and some deserved criticism of Coach Cal and the players, for fair weathered fans. Fans will accept players who give 100% ALL the time, even when it doesn't look good for them. What we don't accept is players who give up, and drag-a$$ up the court when it looks gloomy for them. I and most fans, think Coach Cal should leave the excuses of how their only Freshmen, how their only 19.2 years old, and other excuses at home. Winners DO, and Losers make excuses. I cannot ever remember, in my 70 some years of watching and attending UK games, of a coach constantly making excuses, as much as Coach Cal does. Yes, age and Freshmen are excuses.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Reactions: musrat59
Stenchymouse, Please don't mistake fans feelings, and some deserved criticism of Coach Cal and the players, for fair weathered fans. Fans will accept players who give 100% ALL the time, even when it doesn't look good for them. What we don't accept is players who give up, and drag-a$$ up the court when it looks gloomy for them. I and most fans, think Coach Cal should leave the excuses of how their only Freshmen, how their only 19.2 years old, and other excuses at home. Winners DO, and Losers make excuses. I cannot ever remember, in my 70 some years of watching and attending UK games, of a coach constantly making excuses, as much as Coach Cal does. Yes, age and Freshmen are excuses.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!
Like I mentioned to someone else, I have been critical, but when it gets to the point of diminishing returns, its time to gain some perspective and try to make a positive difference.

At a certain point, the negativity from the fans becomes part of the problem.

I am 100% positive that these kids will respond better to love and support, than they will to criticism.

I'm backing off of my negativity for selfish reasons.

Could be another low-scoring affair, which doesn't bode well for us. We are 1-7 when scoring under 70.

Our defense is 17th on Kenpom, and offense is 62nd

Their defense is 6th and offense is 101st.

ADVERTISEMENT