ADVERTISEMENT

Sallis to zags

I feel like you can't put ALL of this on the assistants. Hunter is playing for Cal, not Justus. I think this is more of Gonzaga being a hot program at the moment, where as Kentucky/Cal are not.

We haven't been the IT program for a little bit, and there's talk of Cal's offense and style of coaching being exposed. If Sallis didn't want to play for Cal, not much our recruiters can do.

I still like Cal, but the lack of recruiting recently bubbles up to the top. It's on him to create a program and environment players want to go to..

It was either Hunter himself or a member of his family that said they were turned off by the way UK fans acted online. Don't blame Justus for that.
I feel like you can't put ALL of this on the assistants. Hunter is playing for Cal, not Justus. I think this is more of Gonzaga being a hot program at the moment, where as Kentucky/Cal are not.

We haven't been the IT program for a little bit, and there's talk of Cal's offense and style of coaching being exposed. If Sallis didn't want to play for Cal, not much our recruiters can do.

I still like Cal, but the lack of recruiting recently bubbles up to the top. It's on him to create a program and environment players want to go to..
Gonzaga but not for the reasons given as some bull**** excuse by the staff to media.

Reactions: jgraf_1

Give him time...he's only been at UK 12 years.

tenor.gif

Cal missed on another top 4 guy. All he gets is raw athletic slashers.
Oh wait....

This kid can be good but I like what hickman brings to Lexington

but remember.. only one coach can handle 1AD recruiting.

I can't wait to see how Gonzaga fares at this. Current players won't be happy with freshman coming in over them. And it's still extremely difficult to coach HS players in just one year, no matter if you're Few or Cal.

Gonzaga better keep this recruiting up into next year.. I see a big roster turnover come April 2022.

Alabama, TN and Gonzaga took the top 3 PG's in this recruiting class. The tide has def turned for UK. Pretty hard to take, Auburn also has a top 5 recruit coming in!
Look, it’s not hard to figure out. These kids are on to Cal and his no offense, switching defense that do t work. They don’t want to be stuck in a crappy system that coach yells and screams during games.

Yea, ok. Another thin skinned snow flake.
that sounds like something justus leaked. No source if he did but it does sound like it. I mean cmon, if you have a chance to play at the best basketball program in america, and make millions of dollars going to the NBA are you turning it down because some fans are mean about winning 9 games, online?

“I think”

Tucker is selling his narrative, didn’t even say if he’s reporting a fact or just giving his opinion on the matter.

That’s part of the problem with “journalism” nowadays, they use their Twitter handles as a vehicle for their “reporting” as well as their personal thoughts and opinions.

Last edited:

Probably didn’t help that the rednecks were burning shirts for the players kneeling. This will eventually catch up to UK. And there are many on this board who felt the same way about the kneeling.
If a player/coach wants to kneel in the UK uniform I pray they go anywhere other than UK. Our fanbase doesn't accept it and will not accept it moving forward.

Wanna see the program fully implode? Pull some woke shit next season.

Probably didn’t help that the rednecks were burning shirts for the players kneeling. This will eventually catch up to UK. And there are many on this board who felt the same way about the kneeling.
Tucker is full of it. Loves nothing more than to blame fans for everything. Douche of the highest order.

Last edited:
If a player/coach wants to kneel in the UK uniform I pray they go anywhere other than UK. Our fanbase doesn't accept it and will not accept it moving forward.

Wanna see the program fully implode? Pull some woke shit next season.
Yes, blame the fans, Tucker you choad.

If only all UK fans were as woke as your simple ass, our recruiting wouldn't suck. 😭😭😭
A “small” portion of the fan base doesn’t accept it. And unfortunately that small group sheds a bad light to these recruits. It’s a shame that this kneeling bothers you that much.

Reactions: UK19
It was either Hunter himself or a member of his family that said they were turned off by the way UK fans acted online. Don't blame Justus for that.
It was his mom on an instagram post and then Skyy Clark and his mom also commented on it.
Jaden Hardy is next.
Hardy is going to the G league. He was coming here up until the announcement of the new G league team for kids coming out of high school. Thats been so successful I think you'll see more kids going that route. They might end up having multiple teams.

ADVERTISEMENT