ADVERTISEMENT

Sacha Killeya Jones 6'11 and Wenyen Gabriel 6'9 vs Willie Cauley Stein 7'0 and Alex Poythress 6'8

Apr 20, 2016
Will these 2 returning players play as good as willie and alex sophmore yrs?

Alex averaged 5pts 4reb Willie 6pts 6reb...i think jones and wenyen will do better.

SKJ has all the skills size athleticism to be a star. And he's not rail thin at all. He's thin but he's got some muscle on him. He has all the ability in the world to be a great player. You can lob it to him. He has a money mid range jumper with very nice touch. He has decent handles for his size. Just isn't all there in the head yet to handle the game mentally. We don't see what happens in practice to know why he never sees the floor ever. But I feel like he should've at least got the same kind of look gabriel got it or the one humphries this season just to see how he is in a game because you never really know what lights might turn on for ankid during game action, there's a lot of people who step up in games that aren't the best in practice. I at least feel he deserved more of a look than brad but he saw brad type minutes, it is what is.

I think he has the chance to be one of the best big men in the country next season. He was a 5 star high school all American. He is here for a sophomore season. No reason at all to not expect him to do big things. He could very easily win the starting job at center and Richards be a backup. Either way, without Bamba we're stacked at the 5 spot compared to just about every other team. Nothing to worry about. Don't be surprised when SKJ shows out this season.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Wenyen averaged 4.6 points and 4.8 rebounds in just 17.8 minutes last season so of course he can improve past Alex and Willie's soph numbers.I don't know why some give up on players if they don't turn out great right away.Not everyone is Fox or Monk.

SKJ will be the starting center at the beginning of the season. At the end of season it will be wide open between five players. (SKJ, Wynyard, Richards, Gabriel, Washington)

If Calipari gives him a chance, I think Wynyard will be a much more substantial factor than others on this board seem to think. Given any significant PT at all, I think Wynyard can be a horse on the boards. Of course, he got very few minutes, but weren't Wynyard's per-minute stats pretty good in 2016-17.

Reactions: jmw23712
ADVERTISEMENT