ADVERTISEMENT

Ryder Cup 2018

TruBluCatFan

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
Lexington, KY
It’s here! My favorite sporting event.

It’s going to be an interesting week in France.

I think the US brings the trophy back with them. Can’t wait to see the matchups.

US 15 EUROPE 13

Sergio goes 1-3 and makes his captain look bad.

Reactions: kev69
I have been thinking about pairing with Tiger and I think the guy to go with him is Tony Finau. Finau doesnt talk much which would be great with Tiger as he really plays head down. They would be a birdie machine too. What they dont need to do is put Tiger and Phil together. Phil needs to play with someone who likes to rabble around a bit more. Also Furyk better hope Phil gets matched up with Sergio because those 2 dudes are both exhibiting garbage ballstrikiking right now.

Reactions: Vandalayindustries
I think there is zero chance Tiger and Phil get paired up, as should be the case. That little experiment was a complete disaster, and although both have changed since then, I wouldn't want to chance it.

My personal pairings sheet:

Tiger/Bryson
JT/Fowler
Fatrick/Spieth
Koepka/DJ
Finau/Phil
Bubba/Webb (loss)

Love him or hate him, can't wait to see Captain America Reed go all America on the Euros.

Think this will be a close one. Several on both sides are not playing particular well but USA has the deepest roster.

Love him or hate him, can't wait to see Captain America Reed go all America on the Euros.

Think this will be a close one. Several on both sides are not playing particular well but USA has the deepest roster.

Uh...no, and not even close. Would be a huge upset to beat that bunch on their turf.

Yeah just ignore the world rankings and professional bookmakers cause cole knows better.

LIVE from the Ryder Cup begins at 6am tomorrow.

TV schedule:

Friday, September 28

2 a.m. - 1 p.m. | Golf Channel

8 p.m. - 12 a.m. (re-air) | Golf Channel

Saturday, September 29

2 a.m. - 3 a.m. | Golf Channel

3 a.m. - 1 p.m. | NBC

1 p.m. - 6 p.m. (re-air) | NBC

Sunday, September 30

6 a.m. - 1 p.m. | NBC

Streaming here:

https://www.rydercup.com/events/watch/rydercupusa

Reactions: USSLair
Morning Fourball pairings:

Brooks Koepka/Tony Finau vs. Justin Rose/Jon Rahm
Dustin Johnson/Rickie Fowler vs. Rory McIlroy/Thorbjorn Olesen
Jordan Spieth/Justin Thomas vs. Paul Casey/Tyrrell Hatton
Patrick Reed/Tiger Woods vs. Francesco Molinari/Tommy Fleetwood

Reed + Tiger :fire:

Surprised Phil is not in the fourball. With how tight this course is I can't see him in Foursomes.

Same. He's 6th in Birdies on the PGA Tour, which is what you're looking for in Fourball...and you always have the safety net of your partner.

If there is one format he'd excel in given the otherwise shaky recent state of his game, Fourball is it.

Reactions: TheShowKiller
Morning Fourball pairings:

Brooks Koepka/Tony Finau vs. Justin Rose/Jon Rahm
Dustin Johnson/Rickie Fowler vs. Rory McIlroy/Thorbjorn Olesen
Jordan Spieth/Justin Thomas vs. Paul Casey/Tyrrell Hatton
Patrick Reed/Tiger Woods vs. Francesco Molinari/Tommy Fleetwood

Reed + Tiger :fire:

Mickelson left out of the morning session. Good choice by Furyk as he's playing awful right now.

Surprised the Euros aren't trotting Poulter out there in the morning. Dude's putter is usually on fire in Ryders, and I figured they would send him out in hopes that he can get the crowd into it early.

I like Koepka being in the first match. Nothing fazes that dude.

On paper the U.S. is clearly better but I wouldn't be shocked at all to see guys like Hatton, Noren and Oleson throwing darts all weekend. That's the beauty of the Ryder Cup.

I love seeing Finau out there. The guy is a birdie machine, and Koepka is as steady as they come.

Honestly I’d sit Phil tomorrow afternoon as well. I’d play him in four ball, but he doesn’t make sense as a partner in alternate shot. Although I hope he makes me look stupid if he does play.

Europe - 16
USA - 12

Unless Phil retires today and bubba/Webb/Bryson all get sick, or injured.

Same. He's 6th in Birdies on the PGA Tour, which is what you're looking for in Fourball...and you always have the safety net of your partner.

If there is one format he'd excel in given the otherwise shaky recent state of his game, Fourball is it.
Yeah, but other than your knowledge of golf, and the fact that you're a golfer, and you've watched every Rider Cup, and you know every golfer playing, how do you justify your answer?

Edit: I'm gonna send you a text soon that will make you say. " nice doggy, where did you get that".

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Here we go...

Morning oredictions

Finau/Koepka
McIlroy/Olesson
Thomas/Spieth
Fleetwood/Molinari

Up to about 8-10 shots now. Still don't have a clue what the 3rd hole looks like except for the green after 3 groups.

Last edited:
They've been showing Tiger and Reed so much I've almost forgotten who else is playing. At least they cut the camera over in time to watch other players' putts.

Pacific Life summary - 30 seconds
3 tee shots on 3 - 1 minute
3 putts on 4 - 1 minute
4 minutes of commercials.

Last edited:
Reactions: _Chase_
Koepka and Finau have their work cut out for them. The Rose/Rahm pairing looks like a machine.

I know he hasn't been playing that well lately, but wonder if playing alongside Tiger spooks Reed a bit? He might be the ONE guy that makes him a little nervous out there.

Spieth is holing everything. The U.S. has to get a point out of that match because the other three could be dicey.

Tommy Fleetwood is bitch slapping Tiger, good grief. Probably best he isn't playing alt shot, and he needs to take tomorrow off.

Last 3 tee shots....deep rough, water, deep rough.....during crunch time, no less.

Despite Reeds past heroics, I didn't like his pairing with Tiger. He hasn't played well in months. Thought Dechambeau with Tiger was a better pairing. But I'll take 3-1. Id take a split in the afternoon.

Reactions: Wildcat22Fan
Fleetwood is going to be in the line of Sergio, Monty, etc...one of those Euros that is going to be a thorn in our side for 10+ years.

Need to at least split the second session.

ADVERTISEMENT