ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Lemond is my hero

Trust me I am not sad but what is sad that you guys think it is acceptable to talk about women squirting to the ceiling in front of 23,000 people including little kids. Maybe they don't know what that means but having 3 kids I can guarantee that they will ask and then a parent has to have either lie or have an uncomfortable conversation with a 5 year old about what Ryan Lemond is talking about.

I hear where you're coming from, but maybe those people are actually agreeing with you in a way. I think there's 2 ways to react. You can laugh because it's funny. Or you can laugh because it's funny that he would have said that in such a completely inappropriate place. That's kind of what makes it funny. He shouldn't have said it in that setting and yet didnt realize that. So I understand people who get angry over things like that. I don't. It doesn't make me a bad person. We both agree he shouldn't have said it. But kids will unfortunately see and hear worse far earlier than what we'd like to believe, especially with social media so accessible. Even if your kids are kept away from that, most aren't, so they'll still hear crazy stuff from the ones who do have access.

Doesn't make it ok, but you also don't have to explain what he meant if they ask "what's squirt to the ceiling mean?" Let's be real. Nobody on earth is gonna explain what that means to a child.

Can we please stop making rules in society based on people who don't know how to talk to their children?

Also, he's an adult that knows better than to make comments like that in that environment. He thought it would be risqué and get a huge ovation. Bad judgment. Doesn't make him a bad dude or anything, but it's not surprising it cost him a job.

It would also help if it were funny or clever. I'm not in any way offended by it, but it also isn't funny. It doesn't really even make sense. It's just corny.

Not defending anything but I hope a lot of people have this website blocked with the parental controls.

Sigh, UK is not going to allow that kind of language during a national broadcast. Are ther e really people debating that? I'm far from a snowflake but seriously, as wildcatT said, time and place. Does it bother me personally? No. I'm more disturbed by having to shell out 400 bucks a month on a private little kids school so my child knows the difference in life between genders. Maybe parents today should stop pandering to mentally nslaved individuals with illness that will have devastating consequences for many people instead of worrying about the word boob during a basketball game.

But that's just me.
I am not following your logic. My kids go to public school and know the difference between genders. That's just me tho

Can we please stop making rules in society based on people who don't know how to talk to their children?

Also, he's an adult that doesn't, but should know better than to make comments like that in that environment. He thought it would be risqué and get a huge ovation. Bad judgment. Doesn't make him a bad dude or anything, but it's not surprising it cost him a job.

It would also help if it were funny or clever. I'm not in any way offended by it, but it also isn't funny. It doesn't really even make sense. It's just corny.
I slightly repaired your post for the posters that might be reading this thread that do not know who RL is.
I'm stunned MJ can't find a better sidekick. We all laugh at Ryan only because he's, well, he's a knife, in a drawer with other knives, but his blade doesn't slice tomatoes quite as well as the other knives do.

Trust me I am not sad but what is sad that you guys think it is acceptable to talk about women squirting to the ceiling in front of 23,000 people including little kids. Maybe they don't know what that means but having 3 kids I can guarantee that they will ask and then a parent has to have either lie or have an uncomfortable conversation with a 5 year old about what Ryan Lemond is talking about.

Just lie. Problem solved.

Reactions: blubo
I think trying to keep them from hearing crap like that is considered parenting a child.

BS. You can't help what other people will say in front of your kids. Sounds like you shelter your kids from the real world. The only way your going to control that is if you keep them locked up in your house. The world doesn't revolve around your standards of the ideal society.

RL is a juvenile and fits in real good with kiddies over at KSR. Anyone that takes KSR serious is in need of help. Bravo to UK for keeping him away. He has found a home with MJ and their childish behavior and when MJ makes it to the U.S.Senate or wherever he goes he can take RL and the KSR crew with him. RL can be his Chief of Staff and the little girl they have can be his press secretary.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
BS. You can't help what other people will say in front of your kids. Sounds like you shelter your kids from the real world. The only way your going to control that is if you keep them locked up in your house. The world doesn't revolve around your standards of the ideal society.

Sorry Willy but after reading your post for years I am not taking parenting advise from you.

Reactions: Willy4UK
Oh no, a parent would have to lie to their kid. There's not a parent on this earth that has never lied to their kids.
Doesn't even require a lie...just a simple, "I'll explain it (or you'll understand it) when you're a bit older." There is no rule that says kids deserve detailed or descriptive explanations to everything they ask. Some things aren't age appropriate, so I would just tell them the above and move on. They are going to hear things no matter where they go in life, but there is an appropriate time and place for those types of discussions.

That said, Lemond probably used extremely poor judgement given the circumstances. Again, there is a time and place for everything, and we should always be mindful of and considerate to the audience we're addressing. A little decorum goes a long way.

ADVERTISEMENT