ADVERTISEMENT

Russia - Ukraine WAR Warning: Political Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What war crimes did Russia admit too? It’s a simple question. The poster, likely you, said Russia admitted to War crimes, what are they?
You guys don’t even know what end result you’d be satisfied with, you just want more money, equipment and eventually US troops in it. Because short of US military getting involved Ukraine isn’t driving Russia out.
It was me and I already told you genius. Russia admits to actions like certain bombings and taking Ukrainian civilians to filtration camps. The world calls it war crimes, Russia doesn't. Do you understand this time?

It was me and I already told you genius. Russia admits to actions like certain bombings and taking Ukrainian civilians to filtration camps. The world calls it war crimes, Russia doesn't. Do you understand this time?
No, I still don’t. What I do know is this is what…the third Nuclear plant that Ukraine has claimed is leaking radiation, the other 2 were propaganda this one likely will be as well.
My point is info is being weaponized, by both sides. A healthy dose of skepticism would be beneficial. Ukraine is not our ally, they have never, nor will ever come to our defense. They will go to whomever pays.

Its a shame what has happened to them, but how much is enough from us? Are we just going to send billions imperpepituity?

Lithuania is in NATO, they also did that while we’re continually wasting money and resources in Ukraine. Their aim is to bleed us out monetarily and damage the petrodollar.
Yes, I think everyone here knows Lith. is in NATO. We're continually wasting way more money in the US. Can you talk about that or are you a recording?

Last edited:
Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
I was at the Nevada Test Site from 1966 to 1982, first three years at NRDS (Nuclear Rocket Development Station) the rest at NTS (Nuclear Test Site), both about 90 miles from Las Vegas. Worked for EG&G both places, thought it was a nice touch after our successful nuclear rocket test they had a champagne party-----with the cups Urine sample cups. But it ended there.

Thats fascinating shite

So above ground testing / Army still allowed to play with nukes / IRBM-ICBM-MIRV development all in there - right ?

Shiny Pebbles - BMDO and eventually MDA all came a little after with maybe slight overlap - but probably not for that site -

I've read in a couple of places the last two days that R's casualties are 70-80K. No number on U's, but also read they've lost about 200/day which would be around 40K.

Nearest capable UKR weapons system might lie 200 km+ distant. After considering ranges for accurate warhead delivery, you can guarantee Ivan experiencing a serious "Holy Shit" moment right now.
Reports are it was a special forces operation and nearly 45 Orc planes were destroyed. Gotta admit, it was satisfying to see all those panicked vacationers leaving Crimean beaches in droves and all the ensuing traffic jams.

Reports are it was a special forces operation and nearly 45 Orc planes were destroyed. Gotta admit, it was satisfying to see all those panicked vacationers leaving Crimean beaches in droves and all the ensuing traffic jams.
45 planes would definitely be a "holy shit" moment for Ivan, but I've read that it was in fact 9 planes destroyed. That's still apparently the most planes Russia's lost in a single day.

No, I still don’t. What I do know is this is what…the third Nuclear plant that Ukraine has claimed is leaking radiation, the other 2 were propaganda this one likely will be as well.
My point is info is being weaponized, by both sides. A healthy dose of skepticism would be beneficial. Ukraine is not our ally, they have never, nor will ever come to our defense. They will go to whomever pays.

Its a shame what has happened to them, but how much is enough from us? Are we just going to send billions imperpepituity?
In for penny in for a pound. We can't straddle this fence. There is no way Russia can keep up with the Wests arming of Ukraine. For now, we continue.

Absolutely. Long before this started, Russian generals were complaining about the inability to build Russias new tanks and fighter jets. They didn't have the money.

Has something changed for the better?

To build on what you're saying, Russia overcommitted its military in a big way, and this will have long-term consequences for its capabilities. They've run through a huge amount of materiel, including lots of their higher-end equipment and munitions. They're struggling to replenish manpower.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-u...of-prisoners-f20273227cf4c4e65ba6f4866dc975ea

Russia's economy is already significantly diminished, and the full force of the sanctions hasn't really even begun to bite. The regime shot their wad to try and shore up some things in the short to medium term, but Russia will essentially be permanently economically weakened. Putin's blunder is shaping up to eclipse the misguided invasion of Iraq as this century's biggest geopolitical error.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/02/russia-faces-economic-oblivion-despite-short-term-resilience.html

"Eurasia Group projects a sustained, long-term decline in economic activity to eventually result in a 30%-50% contraction in Russian GDP from its prewar level."

and

"A Yale University study published last month, which analyzed high-frequency consumer, trade and shipping data that its authors say shows a truer picture than the Kremlin is presenting, argued that rumors of Russia’s economic survival had been greatly exaggerated.

The paper suggested international sanctions and an exodus of more than 1,000 global companies are catastrophically crippling the Russian economy. Russia’s strategic positioning as a commodities exporter has irrevocably deteriorated, as it now deals from a position of weakness with the loss of its erstwhile main markets, and faces steep challenges executing a ‘pivot to Asia’ with non-fungible exports such as piped gas,” the Yale economists said."

To build on what you're saying, Russia overcommitted its military in a big way, and this will have long-term consequences for its capabilities. They've run through a huge amount of materiel, including lots of their higher-end equipment and munitions. They're struggling to replenish manpower.
This will be largely over in about 2 months, just in time for Germany, etc to get Russia power back online before winter. Russia will end up with the east and south of Ukraine as Russian territory resembling Crimea and Georgia. Ukraine will become a puppet state of Russia and a warning sign to any country to cozies up too much to the West without getting into NATO. We will "covertly" fund an insurgency in the Ukraine for as long as there is a willing resistance.

All of this was obvious in February 2022. The only surprising thing is how well the combo of Ukrainian courage and Western weapons were in killing Russians before the Ruskies got their act together by changing tactics and focusing exclusively on taking the territory that it really wants and not toppling the UKR government.

The American attention has moved on and Europe has no appetite for the wave of death this winter that will occur without turning on the Russian power spigots.

We have gotten exactly what we wanted out of this. We have indirectly killed a ton of Russians (including a shocking number of generals) and get a laboratory to test weapons and tactics on what was considered a near peer army. We have also shown the CCP what could happen if they invade Taiwan and they've backed off on the saber rattling there. Unlike Ukraine, the USA (even under this chowderhead president) will 100% go to war against China over Taiwan. We have to because of the microprocessor manufacturing there. Without Taiwan, the USA is proper f***ed.

This will be largely over in about 2 months, just in time for Germany, etc to get Russia power back online before winter. Russia will end up with the east and south of Ukraine as Russian territory resembling Crimea and Georgia. Ukraine will become a puppet state of Russia and a warning sign to any country to cozies up too much to the West without getting into NATO. We will "covertly" fund an insurgency in the Ukraine for as long as there is a willing resistance.

All of this was obvious in February 2022. The only surprising thing is how well the combo of Ukrainian courage and Western weapons were in killing Russians before the Ruskies got their act together by changing tactics and focusing exclusively on taking the territory that it really wants and not toppling the UKR government.

The American attention has moved on and Europe has no appetite for the wave of death this winter that will occur without turning on the Russian power spigots.

We have gotten exactly what we wanted out of this. We have indirectly killed a ton of Russians (including a shocking number of generals) and get a laboratory to test weapons and tactics on what was considered a near peer army. We have also shown the CCP what could happen if they invade Taiwan and they've backed off on the saber rattling there. Unlike Ukraine, the USA (even under this chowderhead president) will 100% go to war against China over Taiwan. We have to because of the microprocessor manufacturing there. Without Taiwan, the USA is proper f***ed.
You're simply wrong on Ukraine. Taiwan is a major problem but we could cripple Chinas economy in the blink of an eye. We are their cash cow.

The bill derringer guy is a known russian shill, just block him. they use them to just cause dissention among conversations about the war to hide the embarrassment of the russian efforts thus far.

But as far as Russian honesty, I always get a kick out of these. Taken from a museum in Russia

6Wzkpb3.png

hS4CFYi.png

2An2pTX.png

Holman Jenkins of WSJ nails it once more:

"This doesn’t mean the war is already over except the shooting, as some European Metternichs would like to have it. But settled is whether Ukraine is an independent country: Mr. Putin now knows it won’t become an annexed satrapy of Russia. That ship has sailed. But Mr. Putin has something to fight for yet, to avoid the worst consequences of his own botched aggression, with Ukraine becoming a regional military superpower, getting stronger and stronger with Western backing, while Russia gets weaker and weaker under sanctions, its Chinese captivity, and a war it doesn’t know how to get out of.

There’s an obvious solution for Russia: Accept Ukraine’s existence and grow prosperous and secure together. But this solution would require the departure of Mr. Putin."

".....NATO, backed by a collective GDP 25 times as great as Russia’s, is still massively superior to Russia in conventional military power, and Mr. Putin knows it. Thanks to his expensively failed war, he also knows he has less and less with which to counter a Western intervention except the threat of nuclear armageddon, which isn’t what the billionaire sybarites who undergird his regime signed up for."

Hell, even 99 years old Henry Kissinger admits it's over:

"He says, however, that the die has now been cast. After the way Russia has behaved in Ukraine, “now I consider, one way or the other, formally or not, Ukraine has to be treated in the aftermath of this as a member of NATO.

Net, formal NATO memberships for U isn't a necessity for future actions.

Ok, maybe it is checkmate.

Reactions: The-Hack
But as far as Russian honesty, I always get a kick out of these. Taken from a museum in Russia
Damn. I read the English versions!

Christopher Columbus was a Russian!

Who knew!

The Latin alphabet was developed by Russians in the second millennium?

Man, what brilliant bastards! They developed an alphabet in the 13th Century that had been used by Rome for 1,500 years!!

I bet these Ruskies invented spaghetti, Scotch tape and glow-in-the-dark condoms!!

We shall see. The NATO sanctions are going to have to end because Germany, etc. needs Russian energy for winter or they will have citizens die.

I think a stalemate or negotiated solution is coming sooner than people think that saves face for all involved... and we will continue to fund/train an insurgency to bleed the Russians as much as we can.

Russia is just leveling civilian infrastructure with massive artillery in the East right now. For all the talk about Russia's military weakness, they are still going to be able to lob artillery outside of the range of Ukrainian counterstrike for the foreseeable future. Without US airpower, audacious behind the lines strikes aren't going to amount to much legit difference in the outcome, imo.

I'm a big fan of hitting the Wagner Group behind the lines.

Last edited:
Reactions: AustinTXCat
We shall see. The NATO sanctions are going to have to end because Germany, etc. needs Russian energy for winter or they will have citizens die.

I think a stalemate or negotiated solution is coming sooner than people think that saves face for all involved... and we will continue to fund/train an insurgency to bleed the Russians as much as we can.

Russia is just leveling civilian infrastructure with massive artillery in the East right now. For all the talk about Russia's military weakness, they are still going to be able to lob artillery outside of the range of Ukrainian counterstrike for the foreseeable future. Without US airpower, audacious behind the lines strikes aren't going to amount to much legit difference in the outcome, imo.

I'm a big fan of hitting the Wagner Group behind the lines.
Doesn't himars do that?

Reactions: SosaUK87
Doesn't himars do that?
I'm not an expert in any capacity but my understanding is that HIMARS operate outside the range of Russian artillery and can knock out their howitzers (whatever they are called in Russian). The problem is that HIMARS have limited amounts of missiles on each truck and basically have to "shoot and scoot", meaning deploy the missiles and then get out of there.

Artillery can just keep lobbing shells for as long as there are shells to lob. It looks like the Ukrainians are using the HIMARS for strategic targets, which is great, but not really an antidote for massive amounts of artillery guns lobbing massive amounts of shells at civilian infrastructure with the goal of making the land uninhabitable until Russia secures it and rebuilds.

Also, I'm an idiot so this is very probably wrong -- just my understanding.

• Haha
Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
I'm not an expert in any capacity but my understanding is that HIMARS operate outside the range of Russian artillery and can knock out their howitzers (whatever they are called in Russian). The problem is that HIMARS have limited amounts of missiles on each truck and basically have to "shoot and scoot", meaning deploy the missiles and then get out of there.

Artillery can just keep lobbing shells for as long as there are shells to lob. It looks like the Ukrainians are using the HIMARS for strategic targets, which is great, but not really an antidote for massive amounts of artillery guns lobbing massive amounts of shells at civilian infrastructure with the goal of making the land uninhabitable until Russia secures it and rebuilds.

Also, I'm an idiot so this is very probably wrong -- just my understanding.
Nah, none of us will be quite right in our predictions.

The bill derringer guy is a known russian shill, just block him. they use them to just cause dissention among conversations about the war to hide the embarrassment of the russian efforts thus far.

6Wzkpb3.png

hS4CFYi.png

2An2pTX.png

I don't know which is funnier, that you think "Deringer is a Russian shill" or the BS in the photos you posted. Comedy off Broadway is calling

Reactions: Dig Dirkler
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT