ADVERTISEMENT

Russia - Ukraine WAR Warning: Political Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell is your malfunction? Contracts for what? In this war, yes, Russia is done. No money, no support, no willing soldiers, no modern equipment to speak of. Done. Even more done is Putin. He'll be dead by Christmas.
Lol…bless your heart.

You seriously think Russia is done for? They have nothing left to give? If that’s what you think it’s dumb.

Who said Keane was a decision maker in the war? He knows if he steps out of the official narrative it’d be a death knell from this admin for future contracts or lobbying.

You guys think any but if skepticism is someone rooting for Russia, I’m not, I hope they fail miserably. However, I’m not for never ending wars where young men, women, children and elderly suffer so defense contractors and politicians can rake in billions, and that’s exactly what’s happening. Every escalation is met with further escalation, and quite frankly I don’t trust our current leadership to fight and win a war.
If that pisses posters off, tough shit, you’re free to hold a different opinion.
Bill, the very best outcome one might hope is if former President Trump hopped on his plane right now and flew to Moscow. After landing, he requests Vlade calls off this BS invasion. RUS retreats to some agreed-upon border.

Trump goes down as a monumental peace-broker. RUS saves face. Win-win for our entire planet. At best, with their inept forces, RUS might be looking at a stalemate. Nearly every civilized Western nation currently sits in UKR corner. They cannot win. RUS sits in the same position as Nazi Germany back in 1943. They shot their wad.

You seriously think Russia is done for? They have nothing left to give? If that’s what you think it’s dumb.

Who said Keane was a decision maker in the war? He knows if he steps out of the official narrative it’d be a death knell from this admin for future contracts or lobbying.

You guys think any but if skepticism is someone rooting for Russia, I’m not, I hope they fail miserably. However, I’m not for never ending wars where young men, women, children and elderly suffer so defense contractors and politicians can rake in billions, and that’s exactly what’s happening. Every escalation is met with further escalation, and quite frankly I don’t trust our current leadership to fight and win a war.
If that pisses posters off, tough shit, you’re free to hold a different opinion.
It's all the USA's fault typically. It's also a damn shame NATO was more prepared than your imperialist pal Putin. You guys waving the American flag all these years for everyone to see, sure seem to hate America and the people living here.

Reactions: The-Hack
It's all the USA's fault typically. It's also a damn shame NATO was more prepared than your imperialist pal Putin. You guys waving the American flag all these years for everyone to see, sure seem to hate America and the people living here.
Good lord…

Reactions: SDC888
They were winning the East, and they still hold the breakaway provinces. Which was the primary objective.
Now, they may lose them, or give them up, that remains to be seen. If the referendum vote comes back in favor of joining Russia, that’s going to escalate it further.
Lol, do you think this is a real vote? Putin gets 100% of the votes every time. Same system.

They were winning the East, and they still hold the breakaway provinces. Which was the primary objective.
Now, they may lose them, or give them up, that remains to be seen. If the referendum vote comes back in favor of joining Russia, that’s going to escalate it further.
Keyword being “were”.

HIMARS doesn’t give a shit about a sham/fake referendum, just means more strikes and more bloodshed which could have been avoided by Putler

I don’t know, but since they’ve been fighting to get away from Ukraine for 8 years now I’d tend to think they mean it.
Seperatists funded, armed and guided by the Russians? You can obviously use a computer so you can't possibly be that stupid.

Seperatists funded, armed and guided by the Russians? You can obviously use a computer so you can't possibly be that stupid.
No shit, the fact remains that they’ve been fighting for 8 years. Which would lead one to believe they mean it, and don’t want to be part of Ukraine.

Yeah, I’m sure that “vote” will be fair. Most likely males will get sent to the front line if they vote no. That’s 3’rd world Russia.
You may be right. I’m not familiar at all with the political structure of these districts. Sounds similar to our current system which labels you a domestic terrorist for questioning an election.

You may be right. I’m not familiar at all with the political structure of these districts. Sounds similar to our current system which labels you a domestic terrorist for questioning an election.
This may help. Its kinda like the Dims would do if they could get away with it.

I’m just asking the question. If Ukraine is on the verge of or has reclaimed control of these areas wouldn’t the citizens be less likely to worry about Russian scare tactics?
They've only retaken part of the area. There is a lot to do to take back Donbas.

Reactions: Mash 2.4
The provinces was not their objective. The objective was to blitz kyiv, capture the government, and then turn Ukraine back into a full puppet state.
If the vote is in Russias favor? Is that a joke? The Crimea vote was 97% yes. This vote will be 95%+ yes because it will be whatever Putin tells them to make it.

No shit, the fact remains that they’ve been fighting for 8 years. Which would lead one to believe they mean it, and don’t want to be part of Ukraine.
If by "they" you mean Wagner group and off the books Russian spec ops. The only provincincial civilians fighting for Russia are the ones the FSB rounded up at gunpoint. It's sad how deep you have fallen for Putlers propaganda.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
“If” the vote comes back in favor of Russia? That’s a joke, right?

The FSB running Russia is the reason why their military is complete shit. They allow the officers to steal all the funding and keep the branches from communicating with each other to keep them weak. The FSB works hard to make the army completely incompetent. If the military ever actually became strong and competent they would immediately remove the FSB from power.
Russia does have no regard for life and that is why I think eventually NATO will step in and end this. Putler will go to far and mass bombard Kyiv or Odessa and the line will be crossed. NATO will give him an ultimatum to withdraw which he will probably ignore and then NATO will begin destroying AA, airfields, naval bases, and depots. At that point it will be up to Putler how far it goes or more likely he will be assassinated.
Putin already tried the annexation route with Crimea. Ukraine ignored his bullshit and recently destroyed the Crimea airfields. It won't change anything.
How will nato step in and end it? They are already in it, prolonging the inevitable. Nato doesn’t have the ability to force anything on Russia. A vacuum in Russia would be an absolute global nightmare. China won’t allow for the destabilization of Russia. Nato will have to step back or go into a full blown hot war with Russia. Do you realize the consequence of that!?

How will nato step in and end it? They are already in it, prolonging the inevitable. Nato doesn’t have the ability to force anything on Russia. A vacuum in Russia would be an absolute global nightmare. China won’t allow for the destabilization of Russia. Nato will have to step back or go into a full blown hot war with Russia. Do you realize the consequence of that!?
Lol

I love this story about the Ukrainian response to the Ruskies holding sham elections:

Ukrainian partisans, sometimes working with special operations forces, have blown up warehouses holding ballots and buildings where Russian proxy officials preparing for the vote held meetings. Ukrainian officials have acknowledged that they are engaged in a campaign to assassinate key Russian administration officials; more than a dozen have been blown up, shot and poisoned, according to Ukrainian and Russian officials.

Last edited:
No, I don’t, but we’ll have an idea after the vote I would imagine.

It's something like this... their "politics" always is

image-asset.png

This fissure is the whole reason exploit for the war in thge first place; it'll be too easy to handwave away as fake to an ignorant and propagandized public by nyt commentators,, generals and talkingheads, or whomever... it would be like they told you Martha's vineyard was Trump country and you just accepted it because they're experts, no different whatsoever

the obvious solution to actually end the war is let them govern themselves, but not annexed by russia, some sort of autonomy within ukraine

that's win/win for everyone and lets the rest of the world avoid famine/recession this winter

image-asset.png

This fissure is the whole reason exploit for the war in thge first place; it'll be too easy to handwave away as fake to an ignorant and propagandized public by nyt commentators,, generals and talkingheads, or whomever... it would be like they told you Martha's vineyard was Trump country and you just accepted it because they're experts, no different whatsoever

the obvious solution to actually end the war is let them govern themselves, but not annexed by russia, some sort of autonomy within ukraine

that's win/win for everyone and lets the rest of the world avoid famine/recession this winter
Dear lord, you can't be that obtuse, you just can't. Basically the entire world, outside of Russian influence, says the elections are illegal and a sham. Its you who is waving his hand ignoring the truth. This is the most bizarre thing I've ever seen.

Reactions: bcw1029

image-asset.png

BTW, as you should know, my politics are the same as yours.

BTW, as you should know, my politics are the same as yours.
Ours are not, but I’m relieved to know there are still those to my right who have not succumbed to the moral relativism and difference to authoritarianism reflected by other “conservatives” in this thread.

The thoughts I have expressed throughout this thread are virtually identical to those I argued with, to those then far to my left, in my college years.

Last edited:
Ours are not, but I’m relieved to know there are still those to my right who have not succumbed to the moral relativism and difference to authoritarianism reflected by other “conservatives” in this thread.

The thoughts I have expressed throughout this thread are virtually identical to those I argued with, those then far to my left, in my college years.
I have a feeling you're pretty centrist and we probably share a quite a few views.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT