ADVERTISEMENT

RuppsRunts vs usinfantrycat

Who has the chance to win more championships over the next 7 years?

• RuppsRunts

• usinfantrycat

Results are only viewable after voting.

DraftCat

Senior
Nov 5, 2011
Draft Bracket - http://challonge.com/vgm0ajvi

Ruppsrunts - Lebron James, Isiah Thomas, Andre Drummond, Khris Middleton, Malik Monk, Derrick Favors, Jayson Tatum, Greg Monroe, Elfrid Payton, Thon Maker, Tim Hardaway jr, Frank Ntilikina

usinfantrycat85 - Steph Curry, De'Aaron Fox, Rudy Gobert, Jabari Parker, Harrison Barnes, Edrice Adebayo, Josh Jackson, Brandon Knight, Jonathan Isaac, George Hill, Taj Gibson, a Plumlee

This is the playoffs who has the best team and will win the most championships over a 7 year period. Please vote. This round ends 8/15 at 9:00 PM Est.

Reactions: kywildcatfever
Rupp Runts winning by a long shot.

Depends if you hold the belief Lebron can last another the entire 7 years. I think in this round he'd be good for 3 but after that 1 major injury he's done kinda like Kobe with his Achilles.

Depends if you hold the belief Lebron can last another the entire 7 years. I think in this round he'd be good for 3 but after that 1 major injury he's done kinda like Kobe with his Achilles.

For me, it's not even about Lebron. IF you see during the Draft, i criticized Lebron's pick. However, it doesn't change the fact that his other pieces are better than US infantry.

For me, it's not even about Lebron. IF you see during the Draft, i criticized Lebron's pick. However, it doesn't change the fact that his other pieces are better than US infantry.

I disagree without Lebron his team doesn't have a chance at a championship. I would give the edge to Ruppsrunts for the first 2-3 years with Lebron pending being healthy after that I'd have to give the last 4 years to usinfantry

I disagree without Lebron his team doesn't have a chance at a championship. I would give the edge to Ruppsrunts for the first 2-3 years with Lebron pending being healthy after that I'd have to give the last 4 years to usinfantry

Why would you think that US infantry's team has any chance in the first place?

Why would you think that US infantry's team has any chance in the first place?

Without going into extreme detail. I personally just think without Lebron.... USinfantry team will be better going forward for the next 7 years. I don't put much stock into Thomas or Drummond. I would rather role with the potential of infantry's team. But its all subjective :)

Without going into extreme detail. I personally just think without Lebron.... USinfantry team will be better going forward for the next 7 years. I don't put much stock into Thomas or Drummond. I would rather role with the potential of infantry's team. But its all subjective :)

His team doesn't have much potential, that's the problem.

This one is actually pretty close. Lebron is due to fade, as is Thon Maker.

The other squad features the transcendent offensive talent of Steph with the best rim protector in Gobert. Have to give this some thought.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
There is truth to that lol as well as truth to the fact that if u don't see the potential in those guys, you don't know basketball.

the problem is, every one has some potential. People have to argue beyond the normal potential. That's the problem.

People say, HEY look at this team and this potential with these guys.. But Fox in 2nd round? That's a terrible pick. Remember, who is LIKELY to win a championship next 7 years.... with Fox and Jackson, you aren't talking about title for another 5 years....yes they have talent...and potential....but they aren't helping you win world championship so early in their career. That's the problem. Pick potential guys in mid 20s, not 19/20 year old kids.

Rudy Gobert is solid, except with so much spacing, you can take him out of the game too much. He's slow, and i don't think most team can play him as much minutes as you think you can. He didn't even play 30 minutes per game in playoff....why?

Jabari Parker's team played better without him. He's solid. I can counter your potential with say "look at the potential of Andre Drummond, Malik Monk, Thon Maker, and Frank N..." How can you argue it?

Also, Steph has had much injury issue than Lebron...We talk about Lebron dipping...you sure Steph isn't?

The other squad features the transcendent offensive talent of Steph with the best rim protector in Gobert. Have to give this some thought.
Yep, this is the first one I had to think about.

The Fox pick in a spot that should have been a legitimate young star is the difference maker here.

The Fox pick in a spot that should have been a legitimate young star is the difference maker here.

Agreed I'm not sure who was available at that point but just about any allstar would of put his team over the top I think.

Gobert will probably get underrated here but he's a top 3-5 center in the NBA. The Fox pick in the 2nd round is puzzling to me. Knight probably shouldn't be on a roster in this draft either.

Big fan of Middleton, really good player who's also underrated. Not big on Drummond but I give the edge to ruppsrunts.

Just so everyone knows why I picked Fox with the 2nd pick... I was sitting on my couch with my laptop open and my little nephew asked what I was doing as I explained to him I said my pick is coming up who should I get and he told me to take Fox so I let him make that pick for me... But I still take Fox over Thomas for the next 7 years

PG- KNIGHT. SG- CURRY. SF- JACKSON. PF- PARKER. C- GOBERT
Pg-Isiah Thomas SG-Malik Monk SF Lebron James PF-Derrick Favors C-Andre Drummond.

How are you guys selling on Andre Drummond? He's a young C that dominates the glass and plays great D. Not a great shooter but has some great moves on the block. Lebron will play top basketball for the next 5 years and the last 2 I'm ready to let jayson Tatum take the reigns and let lebron come off the bench.

Last edited:

You and you're Rudy Gobert love affair. Drummond >Gobert. [devil]

I'm not worried about LeBron's age at all. Dude does everything to minimize the aging process for himself. Molds his game to not rely on athleticism and completely changed his diet, exercise and overall body make up to lose something like 20 pounds to be able to move around easier as he gets older. There's no one like him. James and scrubs made it to the play offs when he was at Cleveland the first run, and we saw what he can do at Miami with other talented individuals. Hard for me to go against James.

Reactions: Rupp'sRunt
I want to pick the team with Steph Curry on it just because I think he is the single most dominant offensive player we have had in quite some time. His offense creates gravity and opens up shots for other players. The problem is that there's not enough around him in the way of established offensive players. There is potential with all of the guys, but we may be looking at 5 years down the road before guys like Fox, Jackson, Parker are contributing on a championship level. Not only was Fox picked too early, but Knight was a wasted pick. I love the guy, and he beat Ohio State on an inconic shot. But he has been struggling with health over his entire career. He just barely tore his ACL, and Phoenix offered him for a 2nd round pick and couldn't find any takers.

I think Rupp's team has it's own issues, but he has enough to win this round.

I want to pick the team with Steph Curry on it just because I think he is the single most dominant offensive player we have had in quite some time. His offense creates gravity and opens up shots for other players. The problem is that there's not enough around him in the way of established offensive players. There is potential with all of the guys, but we may be looking at 5 years down the road before guys like Fox, Jackson, Parker are contributing on a championship level. Not only was Fox picked too early, but Knight was a wasted pick. I love the guy, and he beat Ohio State on an inconic shot. But he has been struggling with health over his entire career. He just barely tore his ACL, and Phoenix offered him for a 2nd round pick and couldn't find any takers.

I think Rupp's team has it's own issues, but he has enough to win this round.
I think your team has issues, ya douche. ;)

I think your team has issues, ya douche. ;)
It sure does. It may turn off some voters for being too awesome.

If I would point out one flaw with my team, it's that they work too hard, they are too punctual, too dedicated to winning. They need some balance in their lives.

Reactions: Catzman
I'm not worried about LeBron's age at all. Dude does everything to minimize the aging process for himself. Molds his game to not rely on athleticism and completely changed his diet, exercise and overall body make up to lose something like 20 pounds to be able to move around easier as he gets older. There's no one like him. James and scrubs made it to the play offs when he was at Cleveland the first run, and we saw what he can do at Miami with other talented individuals. Hard for me to go against James.
This

1. RuppsRunts
    25 vote(s)
    64.1%

2. usinfantrycat
    14 vote(s)
    35.9%
Polls closed Ruppsrunts wins

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT