ADVERTISEMENT

Rupp Rafters NBA Legends GM Draft Round 10 Aike OTC

Feels almost criminal to do this at this point in the draft, but give me the Logo for my second pick.

Can’t see how anyone can possibly put together a better backcourt than Magic Johnson and Jerry West. Unstoppable.

Nick Horvath took him.

OK, arguably just as good a player, though less heralded...give me Elgin Baylor.

One of the picks that I hope people appreciate. His numbers are unreal.

I'm glad you took him. He's deserving of already being taken and I would have had to do it if he were on the board, but I didn't want to have to make people be impressed.

Reactions: Aike
One of the picks that I hope people appreciate. His numbers are unreal.

I'm glad you took him. He's deserving of already being taken and I would have had to do it if he were on the board, but I didn't want to have to make people be impressed.

It’s funny, I felt much the same way. People don’t truly recognize how great he was. I figured he deserved to be drafted and I was pretty sure you would take him with one of your two picks if I didn’t.

It’s funny, I felt much the same way. People don’t truly recognize how great he was. I figured he deserved to be drafted and I was pretty sure you would take him with one of your two picks if I didn’t.

I think by even a conservative ranking, he's a top 25 player of all time. That's good value here.

Some of these teams that didn't grab an interior force at center could really use him. So he fits what you have so far. I'd have had to grab him on the turn coming back in the third round.

Reactions: drcats2013 and Aike
Let me SPRINT to the podium for my next selection.

When he retired, he was one of four players in history with over 20,000 points, 10,000 rebounds and 4,000 assists.

He's top 20 all time in PER, win shares, and true shooting percentage.

11-time All NBA, an 11-time all star, and an MVP award during the season when Michael Jordan was at the peak of his powers during the first three-peat.

That year, he went 28-14-6 in the finals and pushed MJ as hard as anyone ever did. Without a buzzer beater from a third party in Game6, he might have dethroned His Airness.

In his prime, while averaging 25 points and roughly 13 rebounds, he also dished out almost 5 assists per game AND became one of the rare players to grab 1.5 steals and 1.5 blocks per game over the course of several seasons.

This guy is one of the greatest rebounders in the history of the game and one of the first and greatest at grabbing the board and leading the break.

And now I'm putting him next to the greatest center in the history of the game.

Give me Sir Charles Barkley, F.

When he retired, he was one of four players in history with over 20,000 points, 10,000 rebounds and 4,000 assists.

11-time All NBA, an 11-time all star, and an MVP award during the season when Michael Jordan was at the peak of his powers during the first three-peat.

That year, he went 28-14-6 in the finals and pushed MJ as hard as anyone ever did. Without a buzzer beater from a third party in Game6, he might have dethroned His Airness.

In his prime, while averaging 25 points and roughly 13 rebounds, he also dished out almost 5 assists per game AND became one of the rare players to grab 1.5 steals and 1.5 blocks per game over the course of several seasons.

This guy is one of the greatest rebounders in the history of the game and one of the first and greatest at grabbing the board and leading the break.

We can always count on Gonzo to have the most, um, flamboyant picking style.

We can always count on Gonzo to have the most, um, flamboyant picking style.

When you pick a top 20 player at the end of the second round of a 14-team draft, you have to strut a bit.

I didn't even include that he's a 3-time gold medalist and one of the few guys that is respected (feared?) by a certain banned player.

It's not my fault you guys take boring players that you're ashamed of.

I’ll go with Bob Petit, who I think is a steal here. And Dwade, arguably the 3rd best sg ever after mj and Kobe, and has chemistry with my centerpiece lebron.

Great pick, of course. I kind of think Barkley isn’t appreciated as much as he should be because we are constantly reminded of his lack of rings by Shaq and that other guy. And I’m sure no one will draft the other guy, but I won’t say his name anyway.

Great pick, of course. I kind of think Barkley isn’t appreciated as much as he should be because we are constantly reminded of his lack of rings by Shaq and that other guy. And I’m sure no one will draft the other guy, but I won’t say his name anyway.

There are a whole lot of guys who never got through MJ to get a ring and a bunch of them have already been drafted.

I think I took, at worst, the second best of them. You're probably right on perception though.

I don't think his tv personality does him any favors there either. They think he's just a funny guy who played a long time ago.

Reactions: Aike
There are a whole lot of guys who never got through MJ to get a ring and a bunch of them have already been drafted.

I think I took, at worst, the second best of them. You're probably right on perception though.

I don't think his tv personality does him any favors there either. They think he's just a funny guy who played a long time ago.
He's from my day. I got to see him play at Rupp twice I think. He was a great player. I enjoy him on TV.

A lot of you seem to be pinning your hopes on perimeter scorers to lead your team.

I guess I'll just take the best perimeter defender of all time, then.

A 10-time all defensive selection. 7 times all NBA. A 6 time world champion, and one of the most versatile players in history.

17 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, two steals for his career. Sixth all-time in career steals. He also made between 1.5 and 1.9 3s per game in his peak, all at 6-foot-8.

The year Michael Jordan retired, he went 22 points, 8 boards, 6 assists, THREE STEALS, and a block. The Bulls won 2 fewer games than they did with MJ.

Plus, we're building teams here. While you collect a bunch of guys who are only effective with the ball, I have the ultimate sidekick who had the talent to be an all-time first option.

Give me Scottie Pippen, F.

Reactions: DraftCat
A lot of you seem to be pinning your hopes on perimeter scorers to lead your team.

A 10-time all defensive selection. 7 times all NBA. A 6 time world champion, and one of the most versatile players in history.

17 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, two steals for his career. Sixth all-time in career steals. He also made between 1.5 and 1.9 3s per game in his peak, all at 6-foot-8.

The year Michael Jordan retired, he went 22 points, 8 boards, 6 assists, THREE STEALS, and a block. The Bulls won 2 fewer games than they did with MJ.

Plus, we're building teams here. While you collect a bunch of guys who are only effective with the ball, I have the ultimate sidekick who had the talent to be an all-time first option.

He was on my short list, but I can’t say I’m worried about him shutting down prime Magic or Elgin Baylor.

Wanted him but already had a 3

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT