ADVERTISEMENT

Rupp concerts

insider33

Blue Chip Prospect
Gold Member
Jun 20, 2005
Going to Foo Fighters at Rupp on Saturday. Not my first show there, but my first time on the floor. Looking for advice from those who have lined up to get a good spot there before. Do they have porta-potties out there for people waiting? Do they let you go put lawn chairs back in the car before opening the doors without losing your spot in line? What else do I need to know?

It's not camping out for the ticket. I have that already. It's trying to get in first (or at least pretty early) because all the floor tickets are standing room and general admission.

Didn't know folks still camp-out for concert tickets. Haven't done that since U2 in '87.

You want to be in the second wave of people. If you are one of the first ones there, you will get crushed up against the doors or trampled. You want to be just a little behind those people.

Also get one of these:

h9991505_001.jpg

You want to be in the second wave of people. If you are one of the first ones there, you will get crushed up against the doors or trampled. You want to be just a little behind those people.

Also get one of these:

h9991505_001.jpg

I've been looking for one of these. Won't it come off if your pee-pee is soft? Do they make them X-small?

Reactions: UKGrad93
I've been looking for one of these. Won't it come off if your pee-pee is soft? Do they make them X-small?

One of ,my older brothers has a story about seeing Rush at Rupp

It was about 1982 so they were touring the Signals album and had hit another level in their success with "Moving Pictures" having just come out a year earlier and MTV pulling them in for occasional interviews/videos

Says it was the loudest crowd he's ever heard

And when they took the stage and the lights came on - there was am overpowering SOUND from the Ky crowd.......it was literally one, deafening "ROAAAR"

He says that Geddy took a step back and laughed a bit as he was a bit overtake by it as well

I was 10 at the time

and was still pissed at one of my OTHER brothers for ditching me at the theater to see "Dawn of the Dead" while I watched Rickie F'ing Schroeder in "THE CHAMP"

I still have some sores too settle with brother #4

rush-signals-front.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 78Gooses
Those are the best shows. When the artists feel appreciated before they even perform. It was like that for the Outlaws at L-ville Garden circa ‘86. Had to open a $10 show for Steppenwolf and Foghat. It had all begun for them there 10 yrs before and when they finished their first song and turned around they were met with a huge fist pumping ovation. This was still Outlaw country and they really appreciated the response.

Thanks Foo Fighters. I wasted 2 vacation days. Sent the dog to the kennel for the weekend. Found the kid a babysitter. What a freaking waste of about $500.

Seriously, Dave Grohl broke his leg and finished the show, they’re not exactly the type to bail.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT