ADVERTISEMENT

Rumors swirling Austin Wiley and Mustapha Heron will be back for Auburn

Denim Vest

Blue Chip Prospect
Feb 9, 2011
What a thrill for the college basketball world if this were to be true. WDE and Go Cats.

Auburn was exposed by year end. They did ride a super easy out of conference schedule and then an easy start to SEC play schedule the rest of the season.

Auburn was exposed by year end. They did ride a super easy out of conference schedule and then an easy start to SEC play schedule the rest of the season.
Hate to quibble friend but we did beat UT and Mizzou on the road early. Beat UK later in the year. One of our best players tore his ankle to hell and the squad ran out of steam.

Regardless, AU looks to be infinitely better heading into next season if these 2 studs return. Would be preseason #1 in the country in my rankings.

Hate to quibble friend but we did beat UT and Mizzou on the road early. Beat UK later in the year. One of our best players tore his ankle to hell and the squad ran out of steam.

Regardless, AU looks to be infinitely better heading into next season if these 2 studs return. Would be preseason #1 in the country in my rankings.
Lol # 1 they must have some good crack down there for you to say that. #1 will be Kansas or Duke.

But, do they really want them back? The knock on Whiley is he often takes plays off if the quarterback doesn't show him some love. We all know Heron doesn't have the strongest arm in the world and often misses wide open receivers so......

You have to know how to get the average AU fan interested.

giphy.gif

This, although injuries did play a role in that.

But you could tell come March they weren't going to do anything, got throttled by Bama in the second half, squeaked by CoC and Clemson had a field day with them.

Wait...when all of our guys come back, I thought that made us number one. I'll settle for them all back and number two, I guess.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ban this jackwagon.

Nah, he fits right in with a few of UK's trash spouters' ... They should really form their own club... He'll get a two or three page thread out of this which is all that was wanted in the first place. Their badge of honor...

Auburn will be a non conversation item this year. Bruce will caught cheating again. Auburn be placed on probation. Cats will win the sec regular season and tourney. Auburn will go back to playing football and we will win another NC.

Auburn will be a non conversation item this year. Bruce will caught cheating again. Auburn be placed on probation. Cats will win the sec regular season and tourney. Auburn will go back to playing football and we will win another NC.
Agree to disagree.

Lol # 1 they must have some good crack down there for you to say that. #1 will be Kansas or Duke.

Kansas should have lost it's chance at #1 the minute Newman declared for the draft. You can't be #1 losing THAT much, with little recruiting over the last 3 years (but a good class this year), and some transfers. Not to mention Udoka is testing draft waters.. and I have to imagine he's ranked higher than any 3 of our guys testing the draft as well.

If Kentucky returns just one of them, it should keep us ahead of Kansas.. if they can pull back 2 or 3, they should be #1 in the nation

God willing. We played UK at home last season so that would probably mean these blueblood behemoths play twice.
In order to be a blueblood you need to have had a past where you accomplished big things, like be successful for multiple decades, win championships, etc. Kentucky has done that, Auburn has not.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
In order to be a blueblood you need to have had a past where you accomplished big things, like be successful for multiple decades, win championships, etc. Kentucky has done that, Auburn has not.
Seems like Auburn checks all the boxes. If you have UK higher in the pecking order I wouldn’t argue that here.

Reactions: Pope John Wall II
God willing. We played UK at home last season so that would probably mean these blueblood behemoths play twice.

There is a mighty legacy of Basketball Greatness shared by "Blueblood Behemoths" Kentucky and Auburn:
A combined EIGHT NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS . SEVENTEEN FINAL FOURS. THIRTY EIGHT ELITE ELITES. THIRTY THREE SEC TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONSHIPS. *

(* Fine print full disclosure. All these accomplishments are Kentucky's, except one of the 38 Elite Eights and one of the 33 SEC tournament championships.)

There is a mighty legacy of Basketball Greatness shared by "Blueblood Behemoths" Kentucky and Auburn:
A combined EIGHT NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS . SEVENTEEN FINAL FOURS. THIRTY EIGHT ELITE ELITES. THIRTY THREE SEC TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONSHIPS. *
Exactly. Anyone denying the excellence of these programs has an agenda. Just look at these accomplishments between the two.

ADVERTISEMENT