ADVERTISEMENT

Round 1 drcats2013 vs. UKRuppster

Who would win head to head

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I made fun of your team for being white AS A JOKE.

Well it was a really poor attempt at a joke. It just wasn't the least bit funny to me, and I think there was a racial tone to it given the mention of the players' skin color. I have no doubt there are others who would feel the same way about it that I do. With all the racial tension going on today, remarks like that are not something I want to use nor do I want to see them being used. If that makes me sensitive, and maybe even too sensitive... that's fine.

Do you also feel black people are racist that drop n***** in their rap music?

My opinion on this is blacks who call other blacks by the 'N' word may or may not be racist since it obviously has a different meaning than it does when a white man calls a black man that term. It's an insult when a white man calls a black man that, but blacks obviously are saying 'homie' or something to that extent when they use that term with one another. So I'd need more information in determining whether or not these blacks who use it are racist. They might not be racist, but I do feel their using the term potentially encourages others to use it.

even call me a racist and try to get me DQ’d because you can’t handle losing.

Oh I can handle losing. I couldn't give a rat's ass about that. I'm more than good with taking the 'L' since the discussion took a turn I wasn't comfortable with and wanted no part of. That doesn't sound like a guy who can't handle losing to me. No, what I didn't like was what I considered to a racist remark of 'overrated white guys.' If it wasn't, you would've just said Nash, 'Hondo', Jerry Lucas and Dave Cowens are overrated without bringing their skin color into it. There's far too much racial tension in the world today, and it's not something I feel is necessary to add to. At least try and see it from my vantage point even if you disagree.

baselessly calling me racist

You may not be blatantly and openly racist. I stated that I thought your comment was and I stand by it even if it's not winning me any friends here. I will apologize for calling you a racist if I did say that at some point, but won't apologize for my opinion on the comment being unnecessary.

Go ahead and have the victory. I don't care. I dropped out yesterday. Have fun in the next round. Just be a bit more careful about your choice of words in the future!

or you’re dead to me

Hate to say it, but the joke's on you here. According to my dad, I passed away 10 years ago. That's what he told someone in a phone conversation just recently when they were trying to scam him out of money by saying I was in a serious car accident and seriously injured a pregnant woman. They told him they needed money to help with this pregnant woman, but he told them that I'd been dead for 10 years and they hung up.

This came as big news to me as well. I only found out a couple days ago that I've been dead for 10 years now. How I'm able to have Internet access when I'm dead is a mystery the world may never know. I just wish the cat wasn't out of the bag since it was cool having a ghost on Rupp Rafters without even the ghost himself knowing about it! [laughing]

Hate to say it, but the joke's on you here. According to my dad, I passed away 10 years ago. That's what he told someone in a phone conversation just recently when they were trying to scam him out of money by saying I was in a serious car accident and seriously injured a pregnant woman. They told him they needed money to help with this pregnant woman, but he told them that I'd been dead for 10 years and they hung up.

This came as big news to me as well. I only found out a couple days ago that I've been dead for 10 years now. How I'm able to have Internet access when I'm dead is a mystery the world may never know. I just wish the cat wasn't out of the bag since it was cool having a ghost on Rupp Rafters without even the ghost himself knowing about it! [laughing]
I amazed at your typing ability after 10 years of decomp.

• Haha
Reactions: UKRuppster
CX0LULlUwAAHMBc.jpg

Leaving this here I'd be interesting in hearing @UKRuppster comments

"Having hurt feelings or being offended is a choice. Allowing another person to hurt your feelings or allowing someone to offend you is nothing short of self-imposed mental cruelty. Why let other people be in charge of your feelings?"

Reactions: drcats2013
Being offended could also mean not letting something you think is wrong slide without at least saying something about it. Judging by the title of the article, I guess this person thinks people should be able say or do what they want without any consequences. Unfortunately that's not the way the world works, Skippy. It's why Andrew Harrison rightfully got raked through the coals after the 2015 Final Four when he said 'F that n*****r' in reference to Frank Kaminsky, and why Montrezl Harrell rightfully had heat come down on him for calling Luka Doncic a 'B***h or P***y a** white boy' just mere months prior to now. People don't work that way, either. Words can hurt feelings and offend people whether we like it or not. But obviously the person who titled the article doesn't care about that.

As for this, I thought 'overrated white guys' in reference to four guys on my roster had racial undertones to it. Like I said, it's not something I want to be a part of nor do I want to tolerate. Agree with me, disagree with me, think I'm too sensitive... I don't care. Obviously everyone disagrees with me, and that's fine. I'll agree to disagree.

I think the 'Cancel Culture' has gone way too far myself, but there are just some areas I'm not willing to venture into. Remarks with racial undertones to them being one of those areas, and it doesn't matter to me whether the remarks are meant to be 100 percent serious or meant to be a joke. And that will be my final say here.

I have started and stopped many messages to this thread. To @UKRuppster I’ll close with this:
I’m not a racist, or trying to divide anyone with my words. It was a joke, and I 100% was not trying to make you mad or hurt your feelings. I’ll take that to my grave lol. It’s guy talk and I don’t regret it, as I know my intentions. I hope this draft, in which was supposed to be a lot of fun, didn’t take away from your real life happiness. I know you put a lot of time and effort in your write ups, and you did a good job. God bless and take care.

ADVERTISEMENT