ADVERTISEMENT

Round 1 drcats2013 vs. UKRuppster

Who would win head to head

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DraftCat

Senior
Nov 5, 2011
Welcome to the 2021 NBA All-Time NBA Draft. The objective of the draft was to draft a team that will beat your opponent in a best of 7 games.

Round 1 will last for two days. Voters please vote for the team you believe would win. You will be able to change your vote if the discussion sways you the other way.

Bracket

@drcats2013 - Oscar Robertson, Karl Malone, Patrick Ewing, Reggie Miller, James Worthy, Vince Carter, Alonzo Mourning, Penny Hardaway, HC Larry Brown, Robert Horry, Bruce Bowen

vs.

@UKRuppster - Bill Russell, Hakeem Olajuwon, John Havlicek, Steve Nash, Walt Frazier, HC Red Auerbach, Sam Jones, Joe Dumars, Jerry Lucas, Shawn Marion, Dave Cowens

Starting lineup for me:
Walt Frazier
Sam Jones
John 'Hondo' Havlicek
Bill Russell
Hakeem Olajuwon

Bench: Steve Nash, Joe Dumars, Shawn Marion, Jerry Lucas, Dave Cowens

Why my team wins: Walt 'Clyde' Frazier (7 time First Team All-Defense), Joe Dumars (4 time First Team All-Defense, 1 time second team), John Havlicek (5 time First Team All-Defense, 3 time Second Team All-Defense) and Sam Jones (solid all-around) will all slow down the backcourt of Oscar Robertson and Reggie Miller. 'Hondo' and Sam Jones will also see time on Vince Carter, James Worthy and Penny Hardaway. They'll get help off the bench from Shawn Marion, who can effectively guard any position 1 through 4. But we'll mostly be using him on the 1 through 3 positions. Steve Nash can help chase Reggie Miller and Oscar Robertson around a bit on the perimeter, but we're just telling him to mostly worry about running the team offensively and burying those open threes when he gets them. He'll knock em down as his 42.8 percent career three point percentage attests to. We'll also be sure not to leave Robert Horry or Bruce Bowen alone open for threes, knowing those are their specialties on the offensive end of the court.

Nash isn't the only one, though. Joe Dumars knocked down threes at a 38.2 percent clip, Shawn Marion knocked down almost 800 threes in his career, 'Hondo' and Sam Jones were capable outside shooters, Hakeem and Dave Cowens could knock down mid-range jumpers as big guys and finally... Jerry Lucas is the secret weapon in all of this. He was Dirk Nowitzki before DIrk Nowitzki. He was such a proficient shooter from distances behind NBA three point range that his outside shot became known as a 'Lucas Layup.' Read more on Jerry Lucas here: https://www.nba.com/history/legends/profiles/jerry-lucas

Bill Russell and Hakeem Olajuwon makes for the best defensive frontcourt an opposing team could see. I have no problem having them take turns guarding Karl Malone and Patrick Ewing in drcats' starting lineup. Hakeem also got the best of Patrick Ewing in the 1994 Finals, with the Rockets winning that series and him outproducing Ewing in their head-to-head matchup. They'll be more than fine against Alonzo Mourning coming off the bench as well. Hakeem is the NBA's all-time leading shot blocker while Russell is considered the best defensive player of all-time. His frontcourt won't be scoring on those guys. Jerry Lucas wasn't a lost cause defensively, either. He could rebound like Charles Barkley, his 15.6 boards per game is fourth all-time in NBA history. As stated in the article above, Lucas knew the plays of every team in the league. That's how he earned the nickname of 'Dr. Memory.' Dave Cowens can also buy them some minutes, and he was also an excellent defender in his own right. Cowens made one First-Team All Defensive Team and two second teams. He can also make things happen offensively, as the Celtics used him as a point center. If that wasn't enough, Dave would never get outhustled. Any of the little things his team needed, he did them. Read more about him here: https://www.si.com/nba/cavaliers/nb...dave-cowens-boston-celtics-hustle-winning-big

In addition to all of that, coach Red Auerbach prided himself on having his teams being the best in terms of physical condition and was also an innovator of the modern day NBA offense. Imagine him with a three point line and in today's game of fast paced small ball. Sign me up for that. I don't need to mention that Auerbach won 9 titles as coach of the Celtics, including 8 straight from the late 1950s to mid 1960s. I also have three guys who played under Auerbach in Russell, Havlicek and In his book, 'Hondo' estimated that he ran between 3 and 5 miles every game. Sam Jones also had a non-stop motor. These guys have tons of experience playing together and winning on the biggest stages together. Jones was a part of 10 of the 11 championship teams Russell played for while 'Hondo' was part of 8 of them. If that wasn't enough, Jerry Lucas was a college teammate of Havlicek's at Ohio State while Dave Cowens played with Havlicek for 8 seasons on the Celtics in the 1970s, and they won two championships together. Steve Nash and Shawn Marion had a run together in Phoenix where they were very successful. Jerry Lucas and Walt Frazier were also together on that championship Knicks team of 1973 and Joe Dumars played on the 'Bad Boys' Detroit Pistons teams that won two titles.

These players were also at their best in the clutch moments. Sam Jones was known as 'Mr. Clutch' because any time the Celtics needed a basket to win a game late, he'd make it. Walt Frazier was at his best in Game 7 of the 1970 NBA Finals against the Lakers when Willis Reed was hobbled. Frazier scored 36 points on 12 for 17 from the field and 12 for 12 from the free throw line, dished out 19 assists and grabbed 7 rebounds in that game. Players on that Lakers team included Wilt Chamberlain, Jerry West and Elgin Baylor. Walt was the best of the best in that game, though, and it wasn't even close. The game wasn't very close either, with the Knicks winning 113-99. Joe Dumars won the 1989 Finals MVP with the Pistons while Hakeem was Finals MVP in both 1994 and 1995 for the back-to-back champion Houston Rockets. If you think what he did to Ewing in 1994 was impressive, look at how Shaq had no answers for him in the 1995 Finals. Before even seeing Shaq and Ewing in the Finals, Hakeem took it to David Robinson in the 1995 Western Conference Finals. Also, in both years, they sent the Charles Barkley led Phoenix Suns and John Stockton/Karl Malone Utah Jazz packing. 'Hondo' won a Finals MVP in 1974 and I'm sure Bill Russell would have won a few himself, but they didn't hand those out when he played.

This team has tremendous versatility, intelligence (Bill Russell was a player/coach and won two more titles after Auerbach's retirement, Dave Cowens coached for a long while and Steve Nash coaches the Nets right now), outstanding passing skills, very good outside shooting, awesome defense, stamina, the offense to make them thrive and an already working chemistry no other team can match. They also have winning experience no other team can match just with 'Hondo' Havlicek, Bill Russell, Sam Jones and Red Auerbach alone. But Walt Frazier, Dave Cowens and Joe Dumars are players with championship pedigrees as well. Russell, Jerry Lucas and 'Hondo' also won national titles in college while Hakeem made three straight Final Four runs in college with the Phi Slamma Jamma Houston Cougar teams. My opponent's team can't hang with me. This series would be over in 4, maybe 5 games.

Reactions: VA/UK and Montana81
The only players with titles on drcats' team are James Worthy, Bruce Bowen, Alonzo Mourning and Robert Horry. Worthy was an excellent player, but he wasn't the main threat with Magic Johnson and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar a part of those Lakers teams. Horry and Bowen obviously also have championship pedigrees, and they're very nice role players and strong outside shooters, but they aren't leading his team to wins in a 7 game series. Mourning won a title with the Heat, but that wasn't as a featured player. Obviously not his fault as he was 36 at the time he won that title with the Heat and got plagued with injuries later in his career and also had the kidney transplant. My top guys have proven they can win titles in featured roles. His (Ewing, Miller, Oscar Robertson and Vince Carter), not so much. Not to take anything away from them as players, all four were excellent players.

My opponent talks too much and disrespected my team in saying he’d win in 4, 5 games tops lol. Hakeem and Russell is a ridiculously good front court obviously, but my team is far superior in every other aspect. My opponent mentions my teams lack of winning players, when most of my guys ran into Michael Jordan, with far less talented rosters, and basically all of his “championships” were won in a league of 8 freaking teams back in the 50’s and 60’s lol.

I’m not going to spend an hour breaking down my team, but my roster has the perfect blend of inside and outside scoring, to go along with athleticism and winning, despite the claims of my opponent. I believe my opponent went a bit too heavy on a squad of players that played in an 8 team league, and the results of the voting will show that.

All that being said, I believe my team would win in six games. Ruppster put together an insane front court, and I enjoyed him in this draft, despite the biased criticism of my team. Haha

my team is far superior in every other aspect.

I don't agree at all. My team can more than keep pace from three with Nash, Dumars, Jerry Lucas, Havlicek, Jones and Marion. Hakeem can hit mid-to-long range jumpers and Cowens was a capable mid-range shooter as well. They'll take the big guys out of the paint. There's not one of the 10 that can't pass. You had to be able to do that under Auerbach to play for him. All 10 of them are extremely unselfish. Vince Carter quit on the Raptors and was known for being a pretty selfish player back in the day. Robert Horry was never into being in Phoenix. He purposely stunk there and threw a towel in Danny Ainge's face so he could leave for the Lakers. You won't get that kind of stuff with my team. It just wouldn't fly for a second with any of the Celtics on my team for sure. Auerbach is also a far superior coach to Larry Brown. They're also far superior defensively and nobody will be in better shape than them.

when most of my guys ran into Michael Jordan, with far less talented rosters

Ewing ran into Hakeem in the 1994 Finals. Hakeem came out on top. And while Michael Jordan is one of the all-time greats, winners don't make the excuses that other players would be too tough to get past. My team certainly didn't do that when they played and won't do it here. Dumars himself got past Michael with the Pistons three times from the late 1980s to 1990.

and basically all of his “championships” were won in a league of 8 freaking teams back in the 50’s and 60’s lol.

You can only win in the era you played in. And some people say the 8 teams thing like it's a bad thing. I look at it like there only the best of the best players in the league. You get fewer players who really have no business on NBA rosters, for one. This creates fewer off nights as a result. Nowadays, guys will take days off to rest. No rest for the weary with this team. They're always in motion and giving it their all on every play in every game.

inside and outside scoring

Russell and Hakeem will be getting the better of Malone and Ewing down low. Hakeem did it against Ewing and Russell is the greatest defender the game has ever seen. He went up against Wilt, he won't fear Karl Malone. Neither will Hakeem for that matter. Malone had his struggles with Dennis Rodman and the Bulls frontcourt. He had quite a few games where he was very inefficient from the floor. Russell and Hakeem will make life even more difficult for him than they did. So will Dave Cowens off the bench. As for outside scoring, my team can more than keep pace as I've mentioned already and they're MUCH better defensively. Horry can't hang down low against this team, Oscar Robertson was a great offensive player but not much of a defender, Reggie wasn't much of a defender and Vince's intensity came and went. Aside from Nash, there's nobody on my team that's a liability on defense. And he's got Frazier, Dumars, Havlicek, Sam Jones and Shawn Marion on the perimeter to help mask that deficiency. Not to mention those defensive studs up front

and winning

They aren't awful, but they can't hold a candle to my team here. 48 championships to 16. No team defines winner nor clutch better than mine. And like I said, they've played and won together. You won't find another team with this much winning chemistry.

I believe my opponent went a bit too heavy on a squad of players that played in an 8 team league

You're putting way too big an emphasis on this. What matters is can they play in the modern NBA. All of them would not only be able to play in the modern NBA, but they'd thrive in the modern NBA. Red Auerbach is known as an innovator of the modern offense and pressure defense, so you're kidding yourself if you don't think his players could play and thrive in the modern NBA. I talked about Jerry Lucas at length. He was Dirk Nowitzki before Dirk Nowitzki. He'd be way better in today's NBA than he was in the 60s. Walt Frazier is arguably the best defensive point guard of all-time. He'd be perfect with Auerbach running the fastbreak and with Auerbach's pressure defense style. Nash and Marion played in that up and down offense in Phoenix. Marion could do anything on a basketball court, so he'd also thrive with Auerbach. Dumars and his defense are another strong fit, and he was an excellent outside shooter.

Last edited:
I'll just say that I VERY strongly disagree with the voting thus far through 11 votes. Or 9 votes if you take out both of us voting for ourselves, which obviously goes without saying lol

Tons of championship experience. Multiple guys that played together on championship teams—huge chemistry boost.

100 percent fact. I don't think people voting are putting enough emphasis on the chemistry my team has. They've played together and won big together. And it's not just the 60s Celtics... Nash and Marion played together, Cowens played with Havlicek in the 70s, Jerry Lucas played with Havlicek in college (three Final Fours, one national title together). There won't be nearly the learning curve with this group that there will be with other squads.

But I guess some people have a bias against players and coaches from the 50s and 60s in thinking they couldn't play or coach in the modern NBA. It's 100 percent false, especially since Auerbach is considered a pinoeer for modern offense, pressure defense and fast breaks, but it is what it is, I suppose 🤷‍♂️

Some may take a few of my words the wrong way, but I think this type of thing is more fun when people will boldly state their case for their team and may even get a bit fired up about it 😁

Old fogies! 😭 Anyway, this one is super close, brother. I could be swayed either way.
I agree it’s a close matchup, unlike my opponent who thinks it’s a runaway because he drafted the entire 1960 Boston Celtics roster. Talk about lack of creativity.. Russell and Olajuwon are a crazy front court again, but the mailman and Ewing can hold their own, and I think have more chemistry playing together. Oscar would dominate little Stevie Rash on his ass, and Reggie would shoot circles around Frazier. Worthy played in a different era than Havlicek so his stats aren’t as good, but he’d be just as effective and much more athletic.

The bench is where I really run away, along with overall shooting. The athleticism of Vince, Zo, and Penny would give his second unit fits, and Bowen and Horry would come in for clutch plays, and lockdown defense + knockdown range for Bowen.

So the conclusion is, his team full of overrated white boys couldn’t get it done against my better shooting/more athletic roster of names we all know and loved growing up.

Vote for me @Cowtown Cat, please?:)

Oscar would dominate little Stevie Rash on his ass

Oscar would also have to guard Nash, something he wasn't really great at, either. But unlike Oscar, Nash has plenty of help along the perimeter defensively. We'll also throw Frazier (who you conveniently leave out is in my starting lineup, he'd see way more time on Frazier than Nash), Havlicek, Sam Jones, and Shawn Marion (he can guard positions 1 through 4) on Oscar as well.

Reggie would shoot circles around Frazier.

No he wouldn't. There's a reason Frazier is considered one of the greatest defenders in NBA history. And again, he wouldn't be the only one guarding Reggle. Dumars, Jones, Havlicek and even Shawn Marion (he can guard any position 1 through 4) would see plenty of time guarding Reggie as well. Reggie would also have to defend my guys, which is not something he was all that adept at.

the mailman and Ewing can hold their own, and I think have more chemistry playing together.

Again, not even close. My team not only played together forever, but they actually won multiple championships together. Malone and Ewing never played together except on the Dream Team. There's no way that compares.

and much more athletic.

Havlicek estimated he ran between 3 and 5 miles per game, and he's not athletic? Oh lord... I can't even...

his team full of overrated white boys

Over half this team is black, but okay. You just seem to have this vendetta against older players and now white guys. The latter is pretty racist. And overrated? That description way better fits Horry and Vince Carter than anyone on my team.

• Haha
Reactions: drcats2013
And yes, I still absolutely believe my team would destroy his. They'd get nothing inside, would be unable to guard me defensively on the perimeter (but mine can definitely guard his), Larry Brown can't hold a candle to Red Auerbach as a coach and my team is way more together, unselfish and again... has actually played together and won big together. Plus we won't make the excuse that one player would keep us from winning a title. That's the excuse you'll get for why Ewing, Miller, Malone and Mourning (while Jordan played for Chicago) didn't win. But Joe Dumars? His team beat Michael's three years in a row.

I don't see how this is even a contest, my team would roll in 4 or 5. But I guess younger posters don't know enough about older players, and I can obviously see they don't have a lot of respect for them, either...

• Haha
This team with the vastly overrated Vince Carter who was never a winner, rarely gave it his all and quit on his team, Reggie Miller who doesn't play defense, Oscar Robertson who wasn't a good defender (look it up), Robert Horry who wouldn't even be playable in this series on the defensive end, a Patrick Ewing who lost to Olajuwon on the biggest stage, a bunch of guys who make excuses for why they can't win titles (Michael Jordan was too tough, mommy 😥) and a team that's not nearly as well coached nor has anywhere near the same experience and experience winning together is somehow leading this voting. Shows the age of the group that's voting...

Aside from shooting, that team is nowhere near mine in terms of skill. Athleticism is not a skill as UK fans know all too well. Even if the voting ultimately doesn't go in my favor, I have no doubt at all that my team would wipe the floor with this opponent if it were possible to get them all in their primes in the same arena, which obviously can't happen.

• Haha
I'm only going to say one more thing and then dropping this altogether since I don't really care anymore. Basically, what the argument against my team is is they're old, and they're white (well, four of them are), so they're really not that good. It's total nonsense. Okay. So I'll just assume the likes of Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, Walter Johnson, Honus Wagner and others weren't all that good when it comes to baseball. They're all white, and they're even older than the guys on my team! Then in football, I'll just say Don Hutson, Otto Graham, Mike Ditka, Bart Starr, Forrest Gregg and others weren't really all that good. More old white guys! I just can't comprehend the ignorance...

• Haha
Just here to say that I'm only leaving two options. Those two options are dropping my team out of this and moving my opponent onto the next round or DQ'ing my opponent for his racist remarks. Referring to Steve Nash, John Havlicek, Jerry Lucas and Dave Cowens as 'overrated white boys' is 100 percent racist, and it's the one thing about the critiques of them that I won't tolerate and want no part of being involved with. Sure, I have biases against players, I can admit it, but at least I won't bring race into my critiques of certain players. That should have no place whatsoever in these discussions.

It's up to DraftCat to do what he wants, but when a discussion gets racist, that's where I draw the line.

• Haha
This won't help me obviously (not that I care anymore), but even I think Steve Nash is overrated. Nash was a great shooter, excellent initiator/passer and a solid leader, but he couldn't guard a chair much less a solid offensive caliber NBA guard. But will I call him overrated because he's white? Hell to the no. That's just one line I won't cross and want no part of.

• Haha
I'm only going to say one more thing and then dropping this altogether since I don't really care anymore. Basically, what the argument against my team is is they're old, and they're white (well, four of them are), so they're really not that good. It's total nonsense. Okay. So I'll just assume the likes of Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, Walter Johnson, Honus Wagner and others weren't all that good when it comes to baseball. They're all white, and they're even older than the guys on my team! Then in football, I'll just say Don Hutson, Otto Graham, Mike Ditka, Bart Starr, Forrest Gregg and others weren't really all that good. More old white guys! I just can't comprehend the ignorance...
Ruppster, I feel like I need to say you shouldn't take this too seriously. It's supposed to be fun. I learned after my first flaming failure to just enjoy the banter and slowly learn what the voters are looking for. I don’t think Drcats was trying to be racist, just tongue in cheek funny. Our jokes don't always go over well. That said, I think your old fogies would win this.

It's supposed to be fun.
I don’t think Drcats was trying to be racist

I'm not saying that he was trying to be racist, but intentional or not, referring to players as 'overrated white boys' is racist. I agree, it's supposed to be fun. I'm fine with jokes, but racism (on purpose or not) is the one thing I'll take exception to right away, and it's something I want no part of at all.

• Haha
I'm not saying that he was trying to be racist, but intentional or not, referring to players as 'overrated white boys' is racist. I agree, it's supposed to be fun. I'm fine with jokes, but racism (on purpose or not) is the one thing I'll take exception to right away, and it's something I want no part of at all.
Hmm, well, I dont know much else to say. Mentioning race just doesn't rise to racism to me and not in that context. But, you have a right to interpret it as you wish.

Hmm, well, I dont know much else to say. Mentioning race just doesn't rise to racism to me and not in that context. But, you have a right to interpret it as you wish.

It does to me. If he just wanted to say the four players were overrated, he could just as easily say that without bringing the fact that they're white into it. Bringing their race into it is just an unnecessary cheap shot, and has an obvious racist undertone to it. Again, if it didn't, why bring up that they're white? To me, it's not funny in the slightest and it's something I don't want to be involved with.

If it doesn't bother others, that's fine. I have no problem with my team being removed and his team moving on, but I don't think cheap shots at a player because of their race has any place in discussions.

The language that @drcats2013 used for better or worse is common trash talk in basketball circles.

I can’t in good conscience DQ someone for specifically using the phrase “overrated white boys” honestly I don’t view it as racism. The majority of the league and basketball as a whole has increasingly became an African-American dominated sport.

Let me know what you want to do. I hope you will stay and compete in further drafts as you brought a fresh perspective with your takes.

Plus I’m likely going to move the winner on regardless. If you don’t want to participate in the next round you don’t have to. However the team will move on without the drafter

Last edited:
I'm out then. I'm as aware as anyone that the NBA has become largely populated with African-Americans.I don't have a problem with talking some smack. I did it, but bringing a player's skin color into a discussion for why they're overrated is a place I'll never go whether it's on purpose or not. I also don't care that it was a joke. It's an insensitive one. I'm of the opinion that there is a racial undertone to it, otherwise their skin color would not have been mentioned. Just say they're overrated and leave it at that, even if I disagree completely about three of them being overrated (again, I'll even concede Nash).

Given all the racial issues going on today, jokes with hints of racism at best and blatant racism at worst is something I want no part of. Call me too sensitive, call me a baby, say I lack a sense of humor... whatever. I'll even give you the sensitive part, but there's certain lines I won't cross and don't want to be involved with. This is one of those.

It does to me. If he just wanted to say the four players were overrated, he could just as easily say that without bringing the fact that they're white into it. Bringing their race into it is just an unnecessary cheap shot, and has an obvious racist undertone to it. Again, if it didn't, why bring up that they're white? To me, it's not funny in the slightest and it's something I don't want to be involved with.

If it doesn't bother others, that's fine. I have no problem with my team being removed and his team moving on, but I don't think cheap shots at a player because of their race has any place in discussions.

It doesn’t bother me bc I know @drcats2013 is a good dude & has a good sense of humor. Plus, he’s white, lol. If it was someone I didn’t know or if it had been said in a more vicious tone I would 100% agree with you. I have no patience for racism either. But, I can almost guarantee that wasn’t his intent. I wish we could all kick in on a simulator of some type for these things. I know I’m a broken record & say this every draft but it would eliminate any biases & it would give realistic results. The voting is all we have atm though & the best team doesn’t always win these things bc some ppl vote for the poster or certain players instead of the team or whatever. But, you just have to accept it & try to enjoy these for what they are. Honestly, the draft is my favorite part. Everything else is just gravy. I got aggravated a cpl times bc I lost to teams I shouldn’t have. But, I learned to accept it & it’s a lot more fun if you go in with no expectations. Outside of us participants, I doubt many ppl really put much thought into any of these matchups.

It doesn’t bother me bc I know @drcats2013 is a good dude & has a good sense of humor. Plus, he’s white, lol. If it was someone I didn’t know or if it had been said in a more vicious tone I would 100% agree with you. I have no patience for racism either. But, I can almost guarantee that wasn’t his intent. I wish we could all kick in on a simulator of some type for these things. I know I’m a broken record & say this every draft but it would eliminate any biases & it would give realistic results. The voting is all we have atm though & the best team doesn’t always win these things bc some ppl vote for the poster or certain players instead of the team or whatever. But, you just have to accept it & try to enjoy these for what they are. Honestly, the draft is my favorite part. Everything else is just gravy. I got aggravated a cpl times bc I lost to teams I shouldn’t have. But, I learned to accept it & it’s a lot more fun if you go in with no expectations. Outside of us participants, I doubt many ppl really put much thought into any of these matchups.
Appreciate the good words. It was just guy banter I’d have with anyone, real life or not over a competition like this. He ribbed my team first, which I was cool with. In fact I liked it. He even said in another thread “you may not like me much after what I said about your team” to which I replied “I like you a lot, actually”. Which I meant. He was bringing fun to this draft. However, when he started losing and I dished back the criticism of his team, he couldn’t take it and showed his true colors and what’s wrong with America today. Too damn sensitive and if something doesn’t go your way cry racism. Not a fan of him anymore.

^
Sure did. And it was quite easily avoidable.
Imagine if I'd not only called Vince Carter and Robert Horry overrated, but also referred to them as 'overrated black dudes.' That would've gotten me outed as a racist right away, and rightfully so. It wouldn't matter if I was "joking." But I guess because the players in question here are white, that makes it okay. That's a poor double standard. There's too much racial tension going on in the world today. It's why all these NFL teams had messages in their end zones this past season of 'End Racism' and 'It Takes All of Us' (among others) in their end zones. It's also why a lot of players have similar messages on the back of their jerseys during games.

So yeah, I have no interest at all in partaking in "jokes" like that nor of being tolerant of them. If that's embarrassing, it makes me a baby, over-reactive, whatever... then so be it.

^
Sure did. And it was quite easily avoidable.
Imagine if I'd not only called Vince Carter and Robert Horry overrated, but also referred to them as 'overrated black dudes.' That would've gotten me outed as a racist right away, and rightfully so. It wouldn't matter if I was "joking." But I guess because the players in question here are white, that makes it okay. That's a poor double standard. There's too much racial tension going on in the world today. It's why all these NFL teams had messages in their end zones this past season of 'End Racism' and 'It Takes All of Us' (among others) in their end zones. It's also why a lot of players have similar messages on the back of their jerseys during games.

So yeah, I have no interest at all in partaking in "jokes" like that nor of being tolerant of them. If that's embarrassing, it makes me a baby, over-reactive, whatever... then so be it.
You’re the classic example of someone that can give it and not take it, and then get personal. This is a bunch of men in a message board, joking and having fun with this. I didn’t attack you. I made fun of your team for being white AS A JOKE. Also, I AM WHITE!! Do you also feel black people are racist that drop n***** in their rap music? You HAVE to based on that viewpoint here, and I couldn’t disagree more. It’s their right, as is mine to jokingly say that, whether one agrees with it or not.

Two things I learned about you:
1. You’re extremely sensitive
2. You can’t handle when things don’t go your way and will do anything you can to make it go your way; even call me a racist and try to get me DQ’d because you can’t handle losing.

You come across as liberal to anything that fits your agenda. Either drop the BS now and apologize to me for for baselessly calling me racist, or you’re dead to me and I won’t waste another second responding to such lunacy.

Reactions: 420grover
The Russell-Hakeem front court is awesome but this team wins at point guard as well. Nash and Clyde the Glide Frazier made their teams better by their brilliant floor games. The Big O was fabulous but was he a true point guard? Regardless, just sic the defensive talent on him. And Oscar is it in terms of running the other team.

ADVERTISEMENT