ADVERTISEMENT

Roster Situation as of now

Those of you complaining about having Richards, Montgomery, and Johnson as if that would be a terrible collection of big men I ask you to look at the days of Perry, Alleyne, Orbzut, and Thomas as our bigs a few years ago lol. We will be fine.

If Im guessing at a lineup....

Vanderbilt
Travis/Washington
Johnson
Hagans
Green

Bench:
Richards
Quickley
Montgomery
Baker
Herro

Experience, length, depth, athletic, shooters. Really like this group.
Gotta LOL at this.

Those of you complaining about having Richards, Montgomery, and Johnson as if that would be a terrible collection of big men I ask you to look at the days of Perry, Alleyne, Orbzut, and Thomas as our bigs a few years ago lol. We will be fine.
Tell me again what they won?? we need more than Nick,EJ,and KJ

So because we sucked back then, it is ok to suck now? I also remember having 3 seven footers on the bench while a 6’1” PG led the team in rebounding, so we do have that to look forward to. Johnson and EJ, I like, but I saw no signs that Nick will be any better than Orbxut or Allene.

Gotta LOL at this.
You can post a condescending LOL....or you could actually explain yourself LOL

Green is starting....Hagans will probably start over Quickley

Washington is up in the air. If he leaves we get Travis

Vanderbilt won't be able to work out and still has no offensive game...he will be back.

Wenyen is gone.

So now tell me your take on the lineup LOL

Reactions: FrankUnderwood

Vanderbilt won't be able to work out and still has no offensive game...he will be back.

Wenyen is gone.

“Cal and UK will suck next year! NIT here we come! If we’re not winning a title then everything is a failure!”

I think that about covers it lol

Ok, so solidfies my original point even more. He is not an option
Our search committe reached out to Jay Wright about our vacancy and we were told thank you and it' an honor but no thanks..Think he's a Northeast type person..Really a great coach with a great eye for talent and has done well with players outside of the top tier and ones who would be around multiple years..Fun style of play as well

Is there any "off the radar" type big's Cal could bring in? I know what is on this site. I don't read much UK news other than what is here. (I do Facebook and Cal's site but that's about it.) It seems Cal needs at least one more interior player to make this work. (That being that one or two of the three testing the water's comes back.) Count me as one who loves Vanderbilt's game but can UK depend on him for a full season? Should UK depend on him for a full season? I don't think they should at this point. jmo
I'm not sure that there are any players available that could actually help us...

We're going to at least need 10 more fouls to give on the front line if we strike out with our bigs players who have declared.

Reactions: BBUK
I'm not sure that there are any players available that could actually help us...

We're going to at least need 10 more fouls to give on the front line if we strike out with our bigs players who have declared.

Using deductive reasoning only, I cannot for the life of me figure out how all three will leave. Of course qualitative reasoning may be the key component missing from decisions. (I don't know all their situations but none of them are destitute no matter how many use that analogy for WG.)

Reactions: docholiday51
So because we sucked back then, it is ok to suck now? I also remember having 3 seven footers on the bench while a 6’1” PG led the team in rebounding, so we do have that to look forward to. Johnson and EJ, I like, but I saw no signs that Nick will be any better than Orbxut or Allene.

Don't put words in my post. I simply stated we are way overreacting to how much talent we have already slated for next year and we will have more than what we currently have as all 3 aren't gone. How about we wait and see how it shakes out before we jump off the ledge. Or just worry and whine and do whatever makes you happy.

Don't put words in my post. I simply stated we are way overreacting to how much talent we have already slated for next year and we will have more than what we currently have as all 3 aren't gone. How about we wait and see how it shakes out before we jump off the ledge. Or just worry and whine and do whatever makes you happy.

You will be amazed how many posters add to someone's statements on this site again and again. It baffles as to why some do that. I'd hope it is comprehension but some do it so regularly that it almost has to be on purpose...A real shame for sure.

Reactions: Bobcat94

Wenyen is gone.

I don’t comment on any roster till it is set. You have way too many maybes in that lineup to be taken seriously. Hence the LOL. PJ may or may not come back, Vando the same Travis has not committed yet, and nothing set onWenyen yet, so until the roster is set, I won’t pretend to pick a lineup.

Using deductive reasoning only, I cannot for the life of me figure out how all three will leave. Of course qualitative reasoning may be the key component missing from decisions. (I don't know all their situations but none of them are destitute no matter how many use that analogy for WG.)
When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, however unlikely, is the answer.As you say there is no logical basis for all three to leave,for as we all learned from Spock the needs of the many outweigh the need of the few

Seems like with some players they feel so pressured about being a one and done as they have been superstars their whole lives and pretty much treated like celebrities..They probably feel like they are a bust and those same people will look at them different now..Even if they end up playing overseas a season or two it will allow them a lifestyle to flont in front of those people..Cal should sit each player not garunteed a lottery pick(garunteed contract)and show them the success of those before them that were told they needed an extra year or two and where their careers are compared to the few who listened and came back and the role it played in their success

Agree 100%, so stop using comparisons from the Tubby years, why even bring that up? We all know Tubby was an awful recruiter and we all know Cal is a great recruiter. I did not add words.

I have not reacted in any way to what our team will look like till it is set.

You will be amazed how many posters add to someone's statements on this site again and again. It baffles as to why some do that. I'd hope it is comprehension but some do it so regularly that it almost has to be on purpose...A real shame for sure.
Yea. So you should refrain from doing that :sunglasses:

Even if one comes back, we'll need another body...

Next season has the potential to be special!!

I hope it comes to fruition!!

I don’t comment on any roster till it is set. You have way too many maybes in that lineup to be taken seriously. Hence the LOL. PJ may or may not come back, Vando the same Travis has not committed yet, and nothing set onWenyen yet, so until the roster is set, I won’t pretend to pick a lineup.
Well the point of this forum is to give opinions. Of course nothing is set in stone, but we can only guess and make predictions based on the information we have at the time.

Im not getting my hope up that everyone returns....but also not thinking everyone will leave. Both CAN happen, but I really feel like with Travis/Washington/Vanderbilt/Gabriel all not being first round picks that I can predict us getting 2 maybe 3 of those guys on the roster next year.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Well the point of this forum is to give opinions. Of course nothing is set in stone, but we can only guess and make predictions based on the information we have at the time.

Im not getting my hope up that everyone returns....but also not thinking everyone will leave. Both CAN happen, but I really feel like with Travis/Washington/Vanderbilt/Gabriel all not being first round picks that I can predict us getting 2 maybe 3 of those guys on the roster next year.
Why do people keep talking about Travis?

He's never indicated that he's transferring, and even if he did, it's just as likely that he'd go to Duke than UK...

“Cal and UK will suck next year! NIT here we come! If we’re not winning a title then everything is a failure!”

I think that about covers it lol
Dam dude. Don’t hate on our guys just yet, let’s wait and see who we have.

When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, however unlikely, is the answer.As you say there is no logical basis for all three to leave,for as we all learned from Spock the needs of the many outweigh the need of the few

Dang Doc, take a drink or stop (whatever the case may be.) I know you have not yet begun to defile yourself but, dang...

Well had you said that this is the lineup I would like to see, then I would not have LOL’d at it. But instead you got your panties in a wad over a post that I could not take seriously.

Well had you said that this is the lineup I would like to see, then I would not have LOL’d at it. But instead you got your panties in a wad over a post that I could not take seriously.

Cereally...

Even if one comes back, we'll need another body...

Next season has the potential to be special!!

I hope it comes to fruition!!
Yes we will,if one returns then much will depend on who it is.If it is Washington that is likely the best case for the team,if it is Vanderbilt we could likely be a man short before they ever throw the ball up,if it is Gabriel where does he fit in with everyone else,is he a 3,4 or 5.If none return then where do we find even a warm body or 2 to fill out the roster.

Everybody seems to be asleep on Quickley because he didn't look great in the all-star games. Some guys look better in a system. I'm excited to see Cal work with a 6'3 point with no ego who can shoot if from deep.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Everybody seems to be asleep on Quickley because he didn't look great in the all-star games. Some guys look better in a system. I'm excited to see Cal work with a 6'3 point with no ego who can shoot if from deep.

No one on this site is sleeping on Q. Not sure where that is coming from...? Hmmm...

Dang Doc, take a drink or stop (whatever the case may be.) I know you have not yet begun to defile yourself but, dang...
I worked in a Sherlock Holmes quote and a Spock quote in the same post.to paraphrase Mark Stoops .I'm just getting started bro.

In my defense KYFaninNC and I have been out in the sun a lot the last 2 days(playing golf) so we can't be held fully responsible.

I worked in a Sherlock Holmes quote and a Spock quote in the same post.to paraphrase Mark Stoops .I'm just getting started bro.

In my defense KYFaninNC and I have been out in the sun a lot the last 2 days(playing golf) so we can't be held fully responsible.

You both be fine..just have to get my digs in....Have a good time in any event...(both of you)

I think he fits well as our 6-man. I think he is a true-combo guard with some really good point guard skills...plus can shoot if needed.

He can really slide in and play the 1 or 2 depending on the situation or even play in a 3 guard lineup as well.

He's a Swiss Army Knife type of guard we need to put in situations we need his help..perfect 6th man.

Reactions: Got8WeDue
ADVERTISEMENT