ADVERTISEMENT

Rosemary Beach, Santa Rosa areas?

Jun 2, 2005
Looking at taking family (me, wife, 8 year old, and 4 year old) somewhere in Rosemary beach area towards end of July. I have been to Destin and Panama City when I was a kid but never been to other “30A” areas that seem to be popular these days. Condo, hotel, where on “30A” to go, etc recommendations?

Rosemary Beach is great!! I have been there many times, really small, quiet and laid back. Has Camp Creek just two miles away, best golf course I have ever played in Florida, but I think they took it back private a year or two ago. Sharks Tooth (a Norman course) is just a few miles the other way, but has always been private and I have not played it, but hear it is really nice as well.

Just get a house in Carillon. Then go West in the evenings for dinner: Shades, Angelina's, Old Florida Fish House..... Seaside has a few good places to eat as well.

We went two years ago, it's nice. It was way too crowded for our liking though. We stayed in a condo on the beach. Be sure to get up at 5am and get a spot on the beach before the chair rental companies hog everything up. :rolleyes:

I've been many times to this area, but only in the winter and it's not crowded at all. Very nice area though. Almost bought a house there, but it's not warm enough for me in the winter.

ADVERTISEMENT