ADVERTISEMENT

Rolled the dice and bought tickets for Saturday

sound defect

Blue Chip Prospect
May 7, 2009
Anybody else feeling confident enough to go ahead and purchase tickets for Saturday only? A good friend of mine lives in ATL so I'm planning to drive down Saturday morning from NKY and head to the game with him.

I bought 3 tickets for Saturday. Leaving For Atlanta Friday afternoon.

And then play Duke in Final Four . Still have visions of Wall and Cousins and Bledsoe etc beating the Dookies down.

Would have been fun too watch.

Reactions: ukfan041
Same here, I bought 4 yesterday for Saturday's game. Will be doubly painful if we don't win Thursday!
It's a 6 hour drive from Raleigh, so we may leave Friday night. Anyone know where the UK fans will be Saturday before the game?

I had tickets for just the national title in 2015....couldnt make myself go, just couldnt do it. That being said, I feel pretty good about our chances against KSU

I’ve been seriously thinking about it. Found some good seats for pretty cheap. 5 hour drive from where I’m at in WKY

Anybody else feeling confident enough to go ahead and purchase tickets for Saturday only? A good friend of mine lives in ATL so I'm planning to drive down Saturday morning from NKY and head to the game with him.
No guarantees but looks like a very good bet to me.

I bought 3 tickets for Saturday. Leaving For Atlanta Friday afternoon.

I'm looking to do the same. Still checking out tickets/prices... a lot of choices for pairs, but when you bump it to 3 (or more) tickets, the pickings get slim. I will likely end up in the nosebleed 400 section, I'm sure.

And then play Duke in Final Four . Still have visions of Wall and Cousins and Bledsoe etc beating the Dookies down.

Would have been fun too watch.

I always wondered what would have happened in that game. Duke blew out WVU in the next game. We just had a disastrous day against WVU. I think we would have beaten Duke in 2010 and 2015 but missed our chance.

I bought plane tickets last Wednesday. That didn't jinx the Cats. Heading to ATL today ahead of the snowstorm that is coming tonight and tomorrow.

Calipari has never lost a Sweet Sixteen game at UK. I bought full session tickets so I'm out too if UK loses Thursday. (Might go anyway if Loyola beats Nevada just to see if they can get to the Final Four)

I rolled the dice and bought tickets to the 2010 Final Four. I still went but it was painful.

I did the same thing. Watched the first game, then walked out and gave our tickets away for the title game. We were offered a decent amount of money before the final 4 started, but after the first game was over, the tickets were worthless as the losing fans were just giving them away. Zero chance we were staying to watch duke win a title. Very painful experience. Haven't bought final 4 tickets since.

I did. I had no choice as I couldn’t go Thursday anyway but wanted to see this team have the chance to make the Final 4. Making the 5 hour drive Saturday morning, assuming we send K-State back to miserable Manhattan.

Reactions: catsfan3523
I did the same thing. Watched the first game, then walked out and gave our tickets away for the title game. We were offered a decent amount of money before the final 4 started, but after the first game was over, the tickets were worthless as the losing fans were just giving them away. Zero chance we were staying to watch duke win a title. Very painful experience. Haven't bought final 4 tickets since.

I watched and hoped Hayward's baseline jumper would fall and then his half-court shot as well. Seeing Duke celebrate a title sucked. I've never even seen my own team in a Final Four because travel was always too far or expensive for me or I had work plans. Plus, it sucks to spend money if your team loses.

Reactions: UKUGA
I watched and hoped Hayward's baseline jumper would fall and then his half-court shot as well. Seeing Duke celebrate a title sucked. I've never even seen my own team in a Final Four because travel was always too far or expensive for me or I had work plans. Plus, it sucks to spend money if your team loses.

Krzyzewski having the big guy miss - one of the dumbest coaching mistakes in CBB history, if . . . Hayward makes that shot.

Would have been up there with Webber's TO, IMO.

You didn’t roll any dice; you made a smart purchase.

Weber is a decent Xs and Os coach but that’s not enough to overcome our talent. KSU lost to KU three times this season, and none of the games were particularly close. I’m confident our results should be similar.

I predict we have a comfortable 5-10 point lead for most of the first half, which hemorrhages to 12-15 by the last 10 minutes of the second half.

Vivid at the moment.

You can also go to the UKAA website, which has a link to some official NCAA site, that sends you to Primesport.com. From there I got the same section & row that Vivid had for about $40 less per ticket (after fees & shipping).

Last edited:
Reactions: irishcat1965
It will be very surprising if we don't make the final 4. But if we were going to lose IMO it would be to Nevada . Loyola and KSU don't have what it takes to beat us IMO.

Agreed. Nevada is a really good team. The Martin Twins and Caroline will be a handful.

I still think we win, but it will be a battle.

KSU doesn’t have the offense to beat us. Provided we don’t go 2-23 from 3-point land, we win somewhat comfortably (8-10 points)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT