ADVERTISEMENT

Roe v Wade

Wha

W

What’s your point? Most won’t know or be involved with anyone that gets carjacked and murdered but they still think the person that commits these crimes should be prosecuted to the greatest extent possible. That was a really dumb argument.

Phenomenal comparison. Congrats and thanks for the great convo!

• Haha
Reactions: Hank Camacho
I think a 15/16 week timeframe for an abortion is reasonable.

Here is another win for women.

🤡😂

when these conservative state legislatures re-visit these issues and sign more "extreme" restrictions into law, I hope to not hear any bitching and moaning.

Reactions: exemjr
Before this gets moved over to the political thread I’d like to point out 99% of you will NOT be involved or will have a close friend/family member involved in an abortion in anyway whatsoever anytime in the near future.
Yea, and just wait til some of these states tell you you can’t have sex until your married.

🤡😂

when these conservative state legislatures re-visit these issues and sign more "extreme" restrictions into law, I hope to not hear any bitching and moaning.
I think a 15 /16 week limit is the right amount. The problem with Florida and most other trigger law states is the lack of exceptions or reasonable time frames. No timeframe is better than a total ban. My hope is that these rulings will help bring both sides together for reasonable compromises. It is funny that you see in news articles the strictest critics of abortion have had their mistresses get them though.

It’s clear, you cannot be pro-life and a Dem. We say Mayor Pete say as much and we now see Charles Booker declaring the same thing.

I think a 15 /16 week limit is the right amount. The problem with Florida and most other trigger law states is the lack of exceptions or reasonable time frames. No timeframe is better than a total ban. My hope is that these rulings will help bring both sides together for reasonable compromises. It is funny that you see in news articles the strictest critics of abortion have had their mistresses get them though.
Abortions are like lawyers - everyone hates them until they need one.

I'll tell you one thing that pisses me off, the people who say that "if you don't have
a uterus, you shouldn't have an opinion. By that logic, no women who have gone through menopause or is infertile or who has had a hysterectomy should be allowed to have an opinion on this too. I was once a fetus, so yeah, I can have an opinion on this matter.

It’s clear, you cannot be pro-life and a Dem. We say Mayor Pete say as much and we now see Charles Booker declaring the same thing.
To be fair to the dems, Charles Booker is a side show clown and Mayor Pete took maternity leave during a transportation crisis.

Gla
Absolutely, thanks so much for helping me! Look forward to reading your future, extremely intelligent, posts. Helps us little guys out and thanks again for the intellect.
Glad I could help. On a serious note ( if you will), don’t you think people can have a strong opinion about things they haven’t experienced? That was my point and I know you got it but you had to respond in a smartass manner. I detest people that are in favor of murdering babies. I don’t think that’s difficult to grasp.

This entire issue is silly. Nothing has changed in America. Abortion is still legal and abortion mills were busy today killing babies all over the U.S.

All overturning Roe v Wade did was say abortion is a state issue. And it is. Liberal states should be happy rather going into a hissy fit. They can enact laws to allow abortions up to any month and some like New York and California could even extend taking the babies life past birth. Like the former governor of Virginia proposed. The Supreme Court has acknowledged states can and should write their own laws concerning abortion and the Federal Government will stay out of it.

How can anyone be upset with that? Abortion is available to every female citizen in America if she wants it. Liberals even extend the right to the males of the human species. How that works is a mystery but some men want that right too. If any state passes a law a voter does not like they can vote against the people who support that law when they run for re-election. That is what we do in this country. Babies and immature adults pout and cry and moan and bitch.

All overturning Roe v Wade did was say abortion is a state issue.
Do you really think that's where this will end? The minute the GOP gets control of the House, Senate, and White House they'll eliminate the filibuster and ban it nationwide. "States rights" is a cop out for people who want it banned nationwide.

• Haha
Reactions: BlueThunderstruck
I'm not sure that people who supported Roe getting overturned really understand the end game to all of this. There are Republicans in Ohio who are now talking about banning birth control entirely. Women are currently being taken off medication for autoimmune diseases like lupus because the medication can be harmful to the development of a fetus. Women with ectopic pregnancies are being told to come back to the hospital once it's life or death because doctors don't want to risk being accused of an illegal abortion.

The end game with all of this is being a woman means you get sub par healthcare. Women of child bearing age will be denied any drug that could harm even a potential embryo or fetus. Have lupus and need methotrexate? Too bad. It might kill the embryo you might have inside you. No more ibuprofen or birth control even for non-birth control related reasons.

And don't say this is hyperbole, because it's already starting to happen.

A ten year old girl in Ohio just had to travel to Indiana for an abortion because she was six weeks and three days pregnant. Women will be criminally investigated for miscarriages. I really don't think most of you understand the true long term consequences of what's going to happen.

Last edited:
I'm not sure that people who supported Roe getting overturned really understand the end game to all of this. There are Republicans in Ohio who are now talking about banning birth control entirely. Women are currently being taken off medication for autoimmune diseases like lupus because the medication can be harmful to the development of a fetus. Women with ectopic pregnancies are being told to come back to the hospital once it's life or death because doctors don't want to risk being accused of an illegal abortion.

The end game with all of this is being a woman means you get sub care healthcare. Women of child bearing age will be denied any drug that could harm even a potential embryo or fetus. Have lupus and need methotrexate? Too bad. It might kill the embryo you might have inside you. No more ibuprofen or birth control even for non-birth control related reasons.

A ten year old girl in Ohio just had to travel to Indiana for an abortion because she was six weeks and three days pregnant. Women will be criminally investigated for miscarriages. I really don't think most of you understand the true long term consequences of what's going to happen.
No they understand they just agree with it.

The end game with all of this is being a woman means you get sub par healthcare. Women of child bearing age will be denied any drug that could harm even a potential embryo or fetus. Have lupus and need methotrexate? Too bad. It might kill the embryo you might have inside you. No more ibuprofen or birth control even for non-birth control related reasons.

Don’t say it’s hyperbole. Gotcha.

There are some insanely idiotic takes in this thread lol.

"Republicans are gonna ban abortion nationally!!!!!". No, you idiot, the states now have the right to decide... and there's no way lib states like Cali, NY, etc are going to take away your right to murder.

"Repubs are gonna ban pre marital sex!!!!". I truly hope you get a brain for Christmas.

Its almost as if they think the govt is gonna lock us down, close our businesses, create inflation due to bad policies, and try to control our lives making us even MORE dependent on the govt dole... I mean, that would NEVER happen, amirite?

Gla

Glad I could help. On a serious note ( if you will), don’t you think people can have a strong opinion about things they haven’t experienced? That was my point and I know you got it but you had to respond in a smartass manner. I detest people that are in favor of murdering babies. I don’t think that’s difficult to grasp.

Of course, most do. I’m sure I do as well, I just don’t for this. And of course you don’t like murdering babies, nobody who’s not a sociopath does. The people that are pro-choice either don’t like abortion either but feel the government shouldn’t be able to determine if you can get one or not (ie favor a smaller government) or don’t view a fetus/whatever as a baby or human yet. I think in general most people are good inside, and I don’t think you being pro-choice means you are anti-women and a tyrant that wants to control peoples actions either. You just genuinely think your saving babies, and that’s alright bud.

Reactions: BlueThunderstruck

Wow, thanks for providing the far-left viewpoint. Good lord. Banning advil 😂

Of course, most do. I’m sure I do as well, I just don’t for this. And of course you don’t like murdering babies, nobody who’s not a sociopath does. The people that are pro-choice either don’t like abortion either but feel the government shouldn’t be able to determine if you can get one or not (ie favor a smaller government) or don’t view a fetus/whatever as a baby or human yet. I think in general most people are good inside, and I don’t think you being pro-choice means you are anti-women and a tyrant that wants to control peoples actions either. You just genuinely think your saving babies, and that’s alright bud.
I think we all hate murder, but I see your point. Maybe if some dude wants to kill another dude, the government should just stay out of it. Build roads, pick up my trash, but let’s get the government out of criminalizing behavior. Smaller government. Freedom.

Wow, thanks for providing the far-left viewpoint. Good lord. Banning advil 😂
If we're being honest, we both know just overturning RvW isn't the end game for republicans. I see some here saying "Look, not much has changed. You can still get an abortion practically anywhere in the country. No big deal." If that's the case, then why have R's been obsessively pining for this for the last fifty years? Why have R's been obsessed with turning the SCOTUS conservative? Why was the underlining theme of the 2016 election whoever wins controls the courts for the next few decades? No, advil and the like won't be banned, but Mitch (you know, one of the party's leaders) himself has already brought up a national ban. He's smart enough to know if that weren't possible, he wouldn't bring it up in front of the media. So people here can say very little has changed or will change and this isn't a major deal, but just like conservatives and their give an inch/take a mile mindset with gun control, do you actually believe if R's get a bit more power, they won't take this even further? C'mon.

Reactions: Ed323232
I love how some liberals think there was a time in their existence, when they were not human. They have to concede that science demonstrates that life begins at conception (or just deny science, which some are happy to do for the sake of political argument), but they think they can claim that they were once not a human and then at some point in their life time became a human. Now, science can take a single human cell and tell us it is from a human, but somehow, politically, we are not human until we say we are human. That logic has been used to end life for centuries.

If we're being honest, we both know just overturning RvW isn't the end game for republicans. I see some here saying "Look, not much has changed. You can still get an abortion practically anywhere in the country. No big deal." If that's the case, then why have R's been obsessively pining for this for the last fifty years? Why have R's been obsessed with turning the SCOTUS conservative? Why was the underlining theme of the 2016 election whoever wins controls the courts for the next few decades? No, advil and the like won't be banned, but Mitch (you know, one of the party's leaders) himself has already brought up a national ban. He's smart enough to know if that weren't possible, he wouldn't bring it up in front of the media. So people here can say very little has changed or will change and this isn't a major deal, but just like conservatives and their give an inch/take a mile mindset with gun control, do you actually believe if R's get a bit more power, they won't take this even further? C'mon.
Wow. Someone thinks that Dems have not been obsessed with making the Court liberal to get from the Court what they cannot get from accountable legislators. The Dems live off of political fear. That is why we have seen so many lies about the Court, judges, and the GOP. Because they worship at a political alter, they will exact any method for getting what they want politically. Get rid of the filibuster? Yup. Repeatedly. Pack the Court. If they could. Mislead voters about political opponents? They have been doing it for decades. Lie about Roe? Since the decision that is all some have done.

Wow. Someone thinks that Dems have not been obsessed with making the Court liberal to get from the Court what they cannot get from accountable legislators. The Dems live off of political fear. That is why we have seen so many lies about the Court, judges, and the GOP. Because they worship at a political alter, they will exact any method for getting what they want politically. Get rid of the filibuster? Yup. Repeatedly. Pack the Court. If they could. Mislead voters about political opponents? They have been doing it for decades. Lie about Roe? Since the decision that is all some have done.
How do you breath with your head buried so far in the sand? You can guarantee there will be a national ban just as soon as the right gets control of Congress. States like Michigan have already said they want to look at banning same sex marriage. Reversing RvW is just the beginning and no amount of justification from you will change that reality. We will be living back in the 50s and 60s before you know it. Straight and gay water fountains here we come.

I’m well aware of the far lefts view. Conservatives say Democrats are baby killing murders and Liberals say Republicans are power hungry tyrants. Got it. Have you considered that some of them just literally think they are saving babies lives? Again, not everyone with a differing viewpoint is evil. It’s startling how many people live in the extremes, I mean JFC.

Reactions: catlanta33
RvW is the shiny object R's have been chasing for decades. Both parties live off fear. Have you not listened to a political ad before? Conservative ads sound like a horror movie while liberal ads urge us to stop the far right agenda before it's too late. At least be honest about this stuff without delving into this "it's just the dems!" talking point. Your political alter verbiage is tiresome too. Should we just pretend the right hasn't worshipped at the alter of one very angry man since 2015? But that's neither here nor there. Bottom line on RvW is that it's now a state issue. State. So hopefully going forward if R's begin talking up a national ban, I look forward to seeing you and others here shutting that idea down, because after all, it's up to the states now. My guess however, is that my side will talk of more rights being taken away while your side talks of going further with a ban to eliminate all abortions and you'll support that.

How do you breath with your head buried so far in the sand? You can guarantee there will be a national ban just as soon as the right gets control of Congress. States like Michigan have already said they want to look at banning same sex marriage. Reversing RvW is just the beginning and no amount of justification from you will change that reality. We will be living back in the 50s and 60s before you know it. Straight and gay water fountains here we come.
All I have to do is say that liberals are fear-mongers and a liberal proves my point. Thanks.

This also proves that liberals are afraid of democratic systems. If abortion is debated on the public stage and people vote for representation that best meets their perspective …. the world will crash and burn and people will be burned at the stake!!! They claim Trump wanted to destroy democracy and then THEY espouse anti-democratic principles to get what they want.

LOL. You cannot make this liberal foolishness up.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
I’m well aware of the far lefts view. Conservatives say Democrats are baby killing murders and Liberals say Republicans are power hungry tyrants. Got it. Have you considered that some of them just literally think they are saving babies lives? Again, not everyone with a differing viewpoint is evil. It’s startling how many people live in the extremes, I mean JFC.
Who is the "some of them" you're referring to? Republicans? I'm well aware many think abortion is murder. I'm not a fan of the practice myself. I'm also well aware that once out of the womb, many politicians take a "see ya!" approach and cut funding that those parents/children may need in the future. Both parties think they're the heroes here and believe they are saving lives but I also see the hypocrisy. One party wants less government interference in our lives but is okay with telling a woman no when it comes to her body. The other party appears to have an anything goes approach to the subject and since this ruling came down, we're apparently living in The Handmaiden's Tale now. Both parties proudly use "my body, my choice" when it's convenient. All I'm saying is, R's are going to push this further if they win a bit more in the coming election cycles. And I'm going to tear my hair out if they begin harping on gay marriage again, as if that's an important issue in 2022 or 2024.

ADVERTISEMENT