ADVERTISEMENT

Rock_Cat 78 JUCOs

mrschwump

All-American
Nov 4, 2006
UK looking at any JUCO guys you know of? Coach Stoops really seems to like JUCO DBs but he is looking at a solid HS DB class. Really like me some Echols/Mosley types. Hearing anything?

Reactions: SlykkteeHMail
No Juco news at the moment.

I wonder how the new transfer rule is going to affect Juco’s wrt recruiting.

In the past if someone didn’t work out or left you could go get a Juco to bridge the gap. Now you can go get a D1 guy to plug and play.

Jucos will probably be hurt quite a bit by this BUT I could also see more Jucos end up in non P5 programs.

We are more heavy into the JUCO market than we ever were before Mark Stoops...and we have had some fairly good results. Two QBs especially.
I read somewhere that some schools....such as Mississippi State....have a recruiting staff especially for JUCO players. There seem to be several junior colleges that feed in to State and a couple other schools. Another tool that helps out.

Reactions: SlykkteeHMail
We are more heavy into the JUCO market than we ever were before Mark Stoops...and we have had some fairly good results. Two QBs especially.
I read somewhere that some schools....such as Mississippi State....have a recruiting staff especially for JUCO players. There seem to be several junior colleges that feed in to State and a couple other schools. Another tool that helps out.
Bill Snider in his heyday at K-State had that program rolling largely due to Juco.

Now that transfers get instant eligibility, JUCO recruiting is way less important and there will be a lot fewer recruits coming from JUCO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT