ADVERTISEMENT

Road trip

Yeah, besides over 40,000 more seats AND $400,000,000 spent recently on stadium improvements. Not to mention spending $75,000,000 on ONE coach.

But someone else said it might be hard to find rooms less that $400, in Texas they do everything big, including ripping you off I guess.
How much did they pay Sumlin to leave?

BTW: I like Sumlin.

How much did they pay Sumlin to leave?

BTW: I like Sumlin.

I don't really keep up with them but it really doesn't seem like money is that big a concern to them, does it?

And Sumlin will be able to coach again, if he wants to .

For those who have traveled to road games, do you recommend buying tix thru UK or another source? I am contemplating the trip to Texas. I don’t own a bucket list, but if I did, a game at College Station would be on it. I plan to check that box in October.

Any advice from the more experienced away game fans?
I bet that will be an awesome trip. I've never been to an away game. Been to a ton of home games but never had the chance to see us play anywhere else. I went to a Notre Dame game once and it was a great experience.

murph_23 you have to try some road games.

I'll suggest you start "light," by simply driving to Vandy next season, and scalping a ticket or two. About as easy a road game as a Cat fan can do. Depending on your location, Vandy takes all of 2 hours to plan and execute. It is far easier to get into the Vandy stadium by way of scalping than UK or any other SEC program.

Half or more of the crowd are always Cat fans, and you can generally scalp in their section, and move to the Blue side if you want.

Ones I will never go to again: UofL and UF.
I oddly have enjoyed my trips to Neyland.
By far my favorite: Auburn
I looked into TAMU when the schedule was announced - if you can find a decent hotel within 50 miles at less than $400/per, let me know.

I may stay in Austin. May make a mini-vacation out of it to save air fare. I am a fan of Austin.

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
Be fun to watch us give the Aggies a good curb stomping right in front of their 12th man!!! Maybe!

I’ve been to Mizzou, South Carolina, and Alabama on the road and plan to go to A&M this season. I always scalp. Nothing better than road games
Vandy, ut, miss st, Ala, Mizzou, lsu, sc, Fla, Ga...road trips are great fun! Hoping to make it to TAM. At 67 it's probably the only one I'll be able to make there.

Last edited:
Just ordered two thru UK,, it was wildcards video that sealed the deal for me.Go Cats!

Nothing beats going to away games IMO. There is usually no easier ticket on anyone's schedule than the Kentucky game. You can often get tickets for free -- or very close to it -- on gameday.

I plan on going to College Station this fall as well.
I'm headed to Kyle field for the first time. My wife and are are making the trip. Don't know much about tickets but I called both ticket offices and we can't get tickets through either until June.

Away game tickets through UK are generally in the end zone corners or other less desirable spots, so if you're looking for "good" seats you can do better elsewhere. On the other hand, it's more fun to sit amongst BBN, especially if we're competitive/winning, so you have to set your priorities. Always fun to run into Blue on the road, restaurants, sight-seeing, tailgating, Cat Walk....

Yep. Don't go through UK unless you have no other choice. Worst seats in the place every single time. It's just the way it is on the road. We do the same to visitors

Where's Bevo?

The Aggie War Hymn does not just mention their arch rival; pretty much the whole song is about disparaging TX and Bevo. The vocal chorus and locked arm audience sway at the end of the song is to the chorus of "Saw varsity's horns off, saw varsity's horns off..."

IF pre-game is still what it was when I was there (back in the 90s) there is A LOT of activity notably the initial entrance by the band and the march in by the Corp of Cadets. Get in your seat early. There were about 2,000 in the Corp back then and about 2,500 today. I don't know if it happens every game but there was a high level review stand march by before heading to the Corp section.

Peace

Went to LSU game a couple of years ago. We flew to New Orleans on Wednesday and rented a car for the drive on Saturday to Baton Rouge. The atmosphere was very cool. Fans were very nice to us even though we sat on the LSU side. We also got to see the tiger in its habitat before heading into the game. We didn't really tailgate much since we had been staying in the French Quarter for 3 days prior.

Went to LSU game a couple of years ago. We flew to New Orleans on Wednesday and rented a car for the drive on Saturday to Baton Rouge. The atmosphere was very cool. Fans were very nice to us even though we sat on the LSU side. We also got to see the tiger in its habitat before heading into the game. We didn't really tailgate much since we had been staying in the French Quarter for 3 days prior.
A game in Red Stick and a game in Lincoln are on my football bucket list. :D

Peace

Didn't need to tailgate...Bengal fans fed us well:football::sunglasses::sunglasses:guess you could say they fattened us up for the kill:joy:

Sometimes fans are really nice to you when you aren't a threat and they feel sorry for you.

Most places are pretty cordial, only places I ever had any problems with are Auburn when we upset them and they turned the firehoses on us, a real classy place. The other was about 30 years ago at that dump they call Neyland. My son was 5 or so at the time and we were in the nosebleed section. My son was wearing his Georgia hat and this UT frat boy snatched it off his head and threw it over the rail. My son started crying, he thought that was the funniest thing he ever saw., I hit the kid square on the nose and he was done his 2 buddies jumped up and cops arrived probably saved me from an ass kicking but wouldn't have been my first and some things are worth taking one for.. Took me and my son out, I probably would have gone to jail if there had been anyone with us to take care of my son. They told me to get in my car and head to Georgia or I would be their guest for the night. I know all UT fans aren't like that, just bad luck running into one that was..

Reactions: The-Hack
Most places are pretty cordial, only places I ever had any problems with are Auburn when we upset them and they turned the firehoses on us, a real classy place. The other was about 30 years ago at that dump they call Neyland. My son was 5 or so at the time and we were in the nosebleed section. My son was wearing his Georgia hat and this UT frat boy snatched it off his head and threw it over the rail. My son started crying, he thought that was the funniest thing he ever saw., I hit the kid square on the nose and he was done his 2 buddies jumped up and cops arrived probably saved me from an ass kicking but wouldn't have been my first and some things are worth taking one for.. Took me and my son out, I probably would have gone to jail if there had been anyone with us to take care of my son. They told me to get in my car and head to Georgia or I would be their guest for the night. I know all UT fans aren't like that, just bad luck running into one that was..
U6, Fla biggest asshole fans !!

Reactions: The-Hack
scalp right before gametime. Been to LSU, BAMA, UT, VANDY. Always find better deals than stub hub, UK athletics, etc.

Have bought tics from UK for the T A&M/TN/UL games. I really like going to road games....these are your most passionate fans and they can get fired up. Been to LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Vandy, Tennessee, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Miss State, and MIssouri. Have gone to the UL game since Papa Johns opened. Only problems I had was at LSU and UL....alcohol and football do not mix with most fans....

right in front of their 12th man!!!

And the school A & M was playing when the original 12th man sprung from the crowd . . . . Centre College of Kentucky. [Hint . . . . "The Hack" did not attend Transy].

The vocal chorus and locked arm audience sway at the end of the song is to the chorus of "Saw varsity's horns off, saw varsity's horns off..."

And the chant somewhere in the middle of all that mess of a fight song: "Hallaballoo, kenneck, kenneck," is referring to an A & M grad/Corpman in battle who told a superior officer that the fight in his sector was "quite a Hallabllou;" the "kenneck, kenneck," is an imitation of the sound of the bolt action rifles then in use.

I really like going to road games....these are your most passionate fans and they can get fired up.

Yeah, it's fun singing the fight song, after a score, when EVERYBODY IS SINGING THE FIGHT SONG.

And the school A & M was playing when the original 12th man sprung from the crowd . . . . Centre College of Kentucky. [Hint . . . . "The Hack" did not attend Transy].

And the chant somewhere in the middle of all that mess of a fight song: "Hallaballoo, kenneck, kenneck," is referring to an A & M grad/Corpman in battle who told a superior officer that the fight in his sector was "quite a Hallabllou;" the "kenneck, kenneck," is an imitation of the sound of the bolt action rifles then in use.

Yeah, it's fun singing the fight song, after a score, when EVERYBODY IS SINGING THE FIGHT SONG.

You had better not be caught singing their fight song after they score.

AND we have spies everywhere.

Posted before: One of the great college venues in USA! Drum and Bugle corp is the best!

ADVERTISEMENT