ADVERTISEMENT

RJ Barrett to Reclassify per Report

The top of this class is as good as any class that I can remember. Bagley, Barrett, Zion, and Reddish would all be unanimous number ones in almost any other class.

The recruiting gurus actually claim it's not a great class.

Reactions: BBN Catz 89
This is my line of thinking as well.
I would have to think a team of Barrett, Quickley, Reddish, Zion, and Bagley would be a heavy favorite to win the national title. I'm not saying at UK or anywhere in particular. But those 5 alone are incredible. I don't know that I could say that for any other solely freshman group I've seen.

Barrett is James Harden Jr, but more upside at an early age because he's a better athlete. If the jump shot develops (and it's not bad right now), he will be an NBA All-Star before he's 25 years old.

I'm actually more sold on Barrett long-term than I am Bagley. Bagley might be better right now, because hey, 7 foot tall counts for a lot, but Barrett has skills with the ball in his hand that Bagley is never going to match. I think the game is trending more and more towards guys who create offense, and that's almost never going to be a guy who's nearly 7 foot tall, with the rare exceptions of unicorns like Durant and Giannis. Bagley isn't that type of player in terms of skill. He's very skilled, no doubt, but not like that.

How odd that Cal is posting pics of him and Jamal Murray on his private jet recently? Just a coincidence I'm sure....[winking]
Jamal Murray? Oh you mean that Canadian wing that reclassified, came to Kentucky, was highly successful, and ended up being a high draft pick. Does seem like a bit of a coincidence he was flying with Cal a couple days before Barrett decided to reclassify.

I've heard RJ's dad isn't the biggest Cal fan. HS coach loves him, but dad is not on board currently. Probably gonna take some real work to make this one happen.

Could this work?

Perimeter Wing: Barrett
Perimeter Wing: Reddish
Power Forward/Wing: Zion

I think so.
That could prob work, but are we assuming we lose everybody from this years team? If Vanderbilt or Washington come back they are going to play min 20 minutes.

I've heard RJ's dad isn't the biggest Cal fan. HS coach loves him, but dad is not on board currently. Probably gonna take some real work to make this one happen.
Where did you hear that?

Rowan Barrett, a Team Canada basketball official and former standout at St. John’s, did not say which schools would get official visits, but he had kind words for Calipari and his UK program.

“John Calipari’s a great guy,” Barrett told the Herald-Leader. “I don’t think we need to waste a whole lot of time talking about coaching, because clearly he knows what he’s doing between the lines. It seems that he knows how to get out the talent that’s inside the athlete that he coaches, which is important as well. And, obviously, they win a lot.

“There are a lot of positives. I love the fact that he fights for his guys, and it really seems to be a priority to him that they do well in their lives, not just them being athletes, but it seems like he really cares about the whole individual, even after they leave Kentucky’s walls. So, yeah, I think he’s great.”

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/sports/coll...tball-men/article164557842.html#storylink=cpy

Quickley, Reddish, Williamson, and Barrett. Any other recruits and/or players that come back are just gravy on top of that.

Reactions: Jazzycat
ADVERTISEMENT