ADVERTISEMENT

RJ Barrett: “We have to be the cutest class”

We will eat them alive down low with Richards, Travis, and Washington if Bolden hasnt improved leaps and bounds and I see no reason to believe he has. Didnt really get any better last year either.

*leaving EJ out until we know for sure he will be playing

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
giphy.gif

It's almost as if you're watching a parody and then...

the desperate, sweaty reality sweeps in and darkness engulfs you and you realize that we live in a world where things like this happen; a world where little effeminate boys play basketball in Durham and prance and dance and make gay magic with one another as a packed gym cheers them on.

I mean maybe im just looking jnto it but i watched that video the best i could and i dont see chemistry or friebdship. Its one loud mouth. One shy guy. And one guy whos about as bright as a burnt out light bulb

Seriously. EJ seems like a pretty quiet kid - kind of like Cam. I can imagine him being put off by RJs abrasive personality.

I kind of feel sorry for Cam - he committed early when Duke’s class was looking to be him and his buddies Garland and Jones. RJs reclass changed all that.

The culture there permeates this stuff. The big phony probably has one of those toilets that washes your bum (don't know the spelling of it) so he doesn't have to get his own hands dirty.

Seriously. EJ seems like a pretty quiet kid - kind of like Cam. I can imagine him being put off by RJs abrasive personality.

I kind of feel sorry for Cam - he committed early when Duke’s class was looking to be him and his buddies Garland and Jones. RJs reclass changed all that.
I don't feel sorry for any kid that picks that place

I am not of fan of talking about Duke but they just flat out aren't going to be elite this season . IMO last season they were much better then they wil be this season. They have 1 guard . they have 1 center who is only decent then they have 2 SF who are very similar and then a C who thinks he is SF and is woefully overweight . Zero bench. Yep that screams an elite team to me LMAO . UNC might be a top 5 team , Gonzaga , Tennessee , Kansas but not DUke . Duke is more in the 6-12 range with teams like Nevada , Auburn ect.

It's almost as if you're watching a parody and then...

the desperate, sweaty reality sweeps in and darkness engulfs you and you realize that we live in a world where things like this happen; a world where little effeminate boys play basketball in Durham and prance and dance and make gay magic with one another as a packed gym cheers them on.

My gawd that is cringe worthy.

Duke thinks they're just going to walk onto the court and win the game.

I bet we bunch them in their mouth from the get go. This is one game Calipari can use 'you weren't good enough...they didnt want you' as a motivational tool and he's amazing as an underdog or close to one(makes the kids feel like we are underdogs regardless). The arrogance just oozes from those guys and not in a good way. Hope we beat them so bad K falls out of his chair and messes his pants.

They're going to try and run with us, and it's not going to go well for them. We'll have multiple wide open 3's from transition and can keep rotating in fresh bodies as Zion sweats out the McDonalds grease.

It’ll depend on how the game is called. If either of nick Richards or Keldon Johnson get in foul trouble it’ll be a game. Johnson because we have no one else to defend Barrett and Richards is our best rim protector against a team who’s two best players wanna score at the rim.

And it’s Duke so you always have to worry about how the game is going to be called. My fear is Johnson is going to be a charge magnet.

I'll be watching their Canada games just to get a look at Bolden. If he busts again, K might have to insert O'Connell and go small this year.

I think you’ll see this a lot no matter how Bolden looks. Bolden can only go about 25 mins at best and he’s had foul issues. Plus the pace Duke wants to play at will be tough for the big fella to maintain. Aoc is such a good shooter too so a lineup with 3 threats to shoot and 4 threats to drive will be too much for K to resist.

We will eat them alive down low with Richards, Travis, and Washington if Bolden hasnt improved leaps and bounds and I see no reason to believe he has. Didnt really get any better last year either.

*leaving EJ out until we know for sure he will be playing

If this was the NBA 15 years ago I’d agree but 4 out, 1 in is clearly the way to go right now. Nova, Warriors, etc. Matchups work both ways so while getting the ball in the post will favor uk, can you imagine any of those bigs getting caught in a switch and having to deal with any of Duke’s wings on the perimeter?
I think the whole game is rebounding and free throws. Duke will get fouled a ton so they have to hit from the line. Uk will win the rebounding game but it can’t be by double digits and Duke has to limit offensive rebounds because that could be a main area of scoring for uk.
Such a good matchup because the teams are so different.

Zion Williamson watched that, and then went to Duke. #GayBrotherhood

How some of these kids view K is beyond me. That program screams nerdy white kids. I can’t wait to take a big country shit on them.

I think Barrett is a lock for #1 in the draft (K will finally have his third overall #1 pick after failing on Bagley and Okafor), but after that we'll see someone else at #2. Reddish might for #3 or #4 in the draft. Scouts love his Paul George-like skills, but question his motor.

Zion might tumble further. He's undersized and underskilled for 6'6". He'll likely play a lot of low post actions for Duke this year, which will hurt his stock as NBA scouts really want to see if his game can flow from the perimeter.

I think we'll see Montgomery taken ahead of Zion and maybe even Johnson. The only saving grace Zion has is his hype. He's already a household name. Richards, meanwhile, will go first round and Bolden will fall somewhere in the 30s and 40s and Cal will use this to show development. Bolden was once a perceived top 10 pick OAD. He's now a three year player fighting for scraps in the back order of the next draft.

Sad that K hurt his stock so shockingly bad.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
If this was the NBA 15 years ago I’d agree but 4 out, 1 in is clearly the way to go right now. Nova, Warriors, etc. Matchups work both ways so while getting the ball in the post will favor uk, can you imagine any of those bigs getting caught in a switch and having to deal with any of Duke’s wings on the perimeter?
I think the whole game is rebounding and free throws. Duke will get fouled a ton so they have to hit from the line. Uk will win the rebounding game but it can’t be by double digits and Duke has to limit offensive rebounds because that could be a main area of scoring for uk.

“Nova, Warriors etc” Lol... etc what?

I have said it and will continue to say it, Duke is not going to be very good.

The homophobia in this thread is awful. Be better, folks.

Duke-Kentucky is going to be a great game with two great teams and great players everywhere.

Many of you sound extremely pathetic. Getting mad and personally insulting 18-year-olds who didn't choose Kentucky. Get over yourselves.

Reactions: 20102015
The homophobia in this thread is awful. Be better, folks.

Duke-Kentucky is going to be a great game with two great teams and great players everywhere.

Many of you sound extremely pathetic. Getting mad and personally insulting 18-year-olds who didn't choose Kentucky. Get over yourselves.

“ Homophobia?” Really lol

Get over yourself my fellow Cat fan. It’s not that serious. Don’t be so dramatic

Still not sure exactly what I saw this past week, but one thing I am certain I did see is a complete team with pieces that really fit.

I can't say the same thing, at least on paper, about this Duke team. I think they will struggle, especially early. Only way they beat KY in November is:
1. Bad whistle, and
2. Incredible individual performance from 1 or 2 of their freshman, and
3. Really off shooting day from a handful of our players.

Eat a bag of dicks.
So we can’t guard you guys and will foul the entire game and we can’t shoot and will mainly score from offensive put backs.
Ok. Did you and your pocket protector come up with that breakdown all on your own?

Lol, I just want to point a few things out. Your analysis is pretty poor.
Duke has not been able to guard anybody in man-to-man in the OAD era. If they zone UK, they’re going to get absolutely blistered because UK has a lot of really, really good shooters. UK also has more capability of going 4 out and 1 in, or even 5 out on offense, than Duke has (let’s be real here. Bolden can’t shoot, Zion can’t shoot, Barrett has always had a pretty poor jumper, and Tre Jones is leaves a lot to be desired in regards to 3 point shooting over the course of his career. Cam Reddish is your only semi-consistent 3 point and free throw shooting threat, and the dude is fairly streaky, and super soft.
Mind you, when I say that these Duke players can’t shoot, I’m looking at shooting mechanics, historical numbers, so on and so forth.
I just don’t see Duke having the firepower from outside to be able to score effectively on UK, and if Duke is going to try to take it down low, the reality is they’re going to go against a deeper, more talented overall, and more experienced frontcourt than they have.

ADVERTISEMENT