ADVERTISEMENT

Rivals ranks Dontaie Allen a top 50 player

I think he will offer if he knows one when he sees one. The only difference is if the offer comes to early that could really be a problem for the coach. If he is offered and wants it why not give it to you and him if he is man enough to fight for it. Allen will be a cast I think do you think he will if Cal can't offer by next weeks if he comes to an offer table. He will announce before the end of the period that his mother is taking on at the time. Good looking Ky boy Cat I say don't you say?

I want to go watch this kid play a game since I live about 20 minutes from Pendleton County High School. It's crazy that there is a kid this good at a school like Pendleton County.

Reactions: Smashcat
247Sports not quite as kind but good to see him in their top 100. Wiseman, Anthony, and Carey their 1, 2 and 3.

We'll need a ton of bodies next season. No way is he not good enough nor not ranked high enough for us to take him. We will offer him and he will get play as a freshman.

Obviously it's great for the kid, but it changes the dynamic of recruiting him.

When he was a top 200 kid, it's a no-brainer that UK can offer and he can come sit the bench and play as a junior and senior, basically the Hawkins route.

But when you're top-50 and the high majors come calling, is going to Kentucky and having to beat out more talented players for minutes still the path you take when you could start for other programs from day 1?

It's easy to be Cameron Mills here. It's hard to be Derek Willis.

And from Kentucky's standpoint, it's easy to add a 3-star in-state kid and still tell your other targets that they're top priority. When you bring in a top-50 player at the same position, suddenly the roster looks a little crowded and other teams starting talking about minutes and shots. It's why Tandy won't be here regardless of his ranking.

How is Allen wired? We'll find out. Because he'll get his offer. But he'll also get an honest pitch from Cal.

Good points. I am not sure how this will or should play out. I never say this but I will say it now "trust in cal".

Reactions: GonzoCat90
Glad to see him more than 40 spots higher than kyky Tandy. Proving to be best player in the state. He's a future cat and a bigger get than Tandy would've been anyways. He's also only one spot below DJ, though I expect that to change soon. DJ is an Elite 5 star prospect when all is said and done.
No .....lol no he is not Elite. He may end up a fringe 5 star but he is definitely not Elite at this time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT