ADVERTISEMENT

RIP to The Kentucky Kid Nicky Hayden

That is a sad situation to escape death as a professional motorcycle rider and then be killed riding a bicycle. Prayers to his family and friends.

Very strange coincidence. I didn't know anything about this guy, and read this thread before I went to the dentist today. While in the waiting room, I hear a guy on his phone talking about a funeral and bringing the body back from Italy. Sounded like he was probably talking about Hayden. From the conversation, it seemed like the guy may have been a family member or friend.

Sad to see him pass away. Not a fan of Owensboro, but that 'kid' made the state proud.

What's his Dad's name? I know a couple of Hayden's up there, but haven't had any contact with them in years.
Very sad.

He spent his whole life defying death racing motorcycles, and all it took was a training session on a bicycle and a careless driver to take his life. Sad :(

i realize this is a basketball forum but all Kentuckians should mourn the loss of one of our most accomplished sons.
Nicky Hayden rose to the very top of a sport that few Americans achieve success in, winning the Moto GP championship in 2006.
The amount of skill and cajoles to drive one of the fastest land vehicles ever built at speeds over 220 mph is unimaginable to me.
The "Kentucky Kid" was proud of his blue grass roots and will always be remembered that way

ADVERTISEMENT