ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Iron Sheik

NOOOOOOOOOOO! Can't be.

It's official. This country has officially go to H E double toothpicks. How can we ever recover?

RIP, warrior.

0x0.jpg

From Wikipedia

He competed for a spot on Iran's Greco-Roman wrestling team for the 1968 Summer Olympics in Mexico City.[3][8] He then moved to the United States and became the assistant coach of two U.S. Olympic squads in the 1970s. In 1971, he was the Amateur Athletic Union Greco-Roman wrestling champion and gold medalist at 180.5 pounds (81.9 kg);[9] he later became assistant coach to the USA team for the 1972 Olympic Games in Munich.

From Wikipedia

He competed for a spot on Iran's Greco-Roman wrestling team for the 1968 Summer Olympics in Mexico City.[3][8] He then moved to the United States and became the assistant coach of two U.S. Olympic squads in the 1970s. In 1971, he was the Amateur Athletic Union Greco-Roman wrestling champion and gold medalist at 180.5 pounds (81.9 kg);[9] he later became assistant coach to the USA team for the 1972 Olympic Games in Munich.

That's awesome, I never knew that. Also from Wikipedia:

According to The Iron Sheik, Gagne had offered him $100,000 to break Hogan's leg during the match and return to the AWA with the WWF title,[17] though Gagne's son Greg Gagne has disputed this claim.[18][19]

I'd never heard that before either. XD

Bruno Sammartino gets in a fight backstage at someplace in NY. Former NFL player took first swing, they go at it. Soon NFL players buddies jump in. Sheik comes out of shower, buck naked, to see this and he and Bruno clean house. Talk about gladiator movies.

That's awesome, I never knew that. Also from Wikipedia:

According to The Iron Sheik, Gagne had offered him $100,000 to break Hogan's leg during the match and return to the AWA with the WWF title,[17] though Gagne's son Greg Gagne has disputed this claim.[18][19]

I'd never heard that before either. XD

I’ve heard that. But it’s heavily disputed. I think the truth died with Verne Gagne

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT