ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Cubs fans

Sorry to hear. RIP, gents.

images

With WGN not broadcasting Cubs games any longer, we can finally say RIP to the Cubs fan. No longer can a dad lovingly plop his son in front of a television and allow him to be brainwashed by the nationwide reach of WGN. No more dulcet tones of Steve Stone to fall asleep to. Will there ever be another new Cubs fan made or born? Hopefully not.
Why can't this happen to Duke fans:sunglasses:

Yes, Reds fans should celebrate the Cubs losing, because it makes them feel better about their inability to beat anyone in the Central. Solid post.

That’s the same post as a Louisville fan saying, “Hey! UK got beat tonight in the tourney that we didn’t make it to!”

Idiot.

Reactions: Blueisbest
You won it in 1990. I was 8. Your kids haven’t seen it. No one else in the world thinks the Reds are a touching team. It’s akin to asking a guy from Leicester who he’s a fan of, and when he tells you, you say “where?” Happy for you though.

You should resign Joey touching Votto. It’s worked out well.

I touching hate the Reds and all their Ohio fans. Is that clear yet? You’re cheering for a team from touching Ohio....way to go idiots.

Reactions: Blueisbest
With WGN not broadcasting Cubs games any longer, we can finally say RIP to the Cubs fan. No longer can a dad lovingly plop his son in front of a television and allow him to be brainwashed by the nationwide reach of WGN. No more dulcet tones of Steve Stone to fall asleep to. Will there ever be another new Cubs fan made or born? Hopefully not.

In fairness the Cubs havent been on WGN's national feed for years. So the coast to coast brainwashing isn't too the extreme of when we were kids. While never succumbing to its power, I readily admit I spent many a weekday afternoon in my younger days watching Harry and Steve.

Actually think I heard the Cubs are getting their own exclusive channel next season, so the brainwashing could return in force.

As a nearly 40 year fan of the Cubs, I was very disappointed with our season. We had the pieces to make a deep run in the playoffs, but due to untimely injuries, lack of hustle at times, and just poor performances from our pitching staff, position players, and management, it was just a bad season.

I've cheered the Cubs when they've been one of the best teams in baseball and when we've been one of the worst. I cried when we won the World Series and cursed when we lost games we should've won.

I hope the powers that be in the front office find us a solid manager and make enough trades and free agent signing where we will be back on top soon and not have to go through many years of being the "Lovable Losers".

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
In fairness the Cubs havent been on WGN's national feed for years. So the coast to coast brainwashing isn't too the extreme of when we were kids. While never succumbing to its power, I readily admit I spent many a weekday afternoon in my younger days watching Harry and Steve.

Actually think I heard the Cubs are getting their own exclusive channel next season, so the brainwashing could return in force.

Only 45 games were carried on WGN this year.

None of the 45 were televised nationally.

Stone was still doing games? Years ago when Stone left WGN I pretty much stopped watching. Carey and Stone were an outstanding announcer team. Wasn’t the same without them.

Other viewing options are available now so no.

However it’s hard to deny that wgn and tbs weren’t good for baseball.

Steve Stone hasn't been on Cubs broadcasts in many years, not since he criticized a player and said player complained about it. Plus, games on WGN haven't been shown nationwide in quite a few years.

Get yore facts straight if you feel the need to drop such a hot take.

ADVERTISEMENT