ADVERTISEMENT

Riley NoChance

I think he looks like he is a raccoon......

PePe LaChance is my name...

928px-Pep%C3%A9_Le_Pew.svg.png

Reactions: awf
Seems he was too amped up. The last 3 all hit the back of the rim. Don't usually do that if you're shook.

Just one of those things that never should have happened. Bad play by the Cats gave him the chance.

UK wins even if he makes all 3. They foul SKJ who makes both FTs, Riley misses a 3 SKJ boards and makes 2 more. Game over.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
I'm not much at stats but I believe we had a 0.1% chance of him missing three in a row and a 0.01% chance of him missing four in a row. How's that for some good luck on the road.
No doubt..Take the W any way you can esp.on the road, but man.

We were very fortunate. For all the dumb things we do, we have had more luck this season than I can remember. Now if we can just get consistently good, we can beat anyone in the country.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
So he's a career 84% free throw shooter.

There was a 0.046% chance he'd miss three in a row.

Assuming the correctness of the 84%, I got a different number. (1 - .84) ^ 3 = .004096, or .4%.

Put another way, if Riley Lachance shot 250 “sets” of three shots each, probability says only 1 set out of 250 would be him missing all three FTs. Low odds, to be sure, but not lottery odds. Less than half of one percent.

You have to wonder how much fatigue factored in to this as well.
He had to be tired somewhat and when he missed the first one, was he thinking about it to the point he wasn't shooting free throws but trying "not" to miss.
The mental part plays a big role in a shooter if he gets to thinking wrong.

1996 Masters. Greg Norman had a 6 host lead. They were ready to give him the trophy. No way a professional at this level would blow a 6 shot lead. That was the thinking of everyone except for Greg Norman.
He went into that last round trying not to miss his shots. He was thinking about not failing instead of winning.
This is all documented in a study by Standford on the brain having two hemisphere's and how a person like Greg Norman let his brain control him instead of him controlling his brain and its thoughts.
He let himself become unbalanced and one side of his brain was in control of the other.
The kid from Vandy let the first one get in his head. Why not, he never misses and then he does miss one all the while the pressure around him was building.

Bottom line, he choked.

I see a lot of people pointing to Lachance missing free throws as to why we won the game. Yeah it was shocking, but he wasn’t the only one to miss fts
Vandy is shooting 73.2% as a team on the season. Last night they went 19/27 making it 70.4%. If they had made 1 more ft that would have been 74%; better than their season average. One point wouldn’t have been enough.
Just my opinion

All of you are correct in your math but the one thing that throws the calculations off might be how many free throws has he made with the game on the line?

As a 93% shhoter I think the answer is .07x.07x.07 or .000343 or 34 Times in 10,000?? Is that right??

After he missed the second shot, he looked like he had just $h1t his pants.
He was a total wreck.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT