ADVERTISEMENT

Rex Chapman proposes Big3 League UK team

Col. Angus

All-American
Gold Member
Apr 7, 2017
jokingly said last weekend when the Big3 was in Rupp that he could form a team of himself, Derek Anderson, Nazr Mohammed, Tayshaun Prince, and Tony Delk and run the league. He knew the teams allowed 5 players plus a coach so it at least looks like he's thought about it. I'm sure he was half joking, but would a team of Chapman, Mohammed, Delk, Prince, and Anderson be able to compete in the league? Most teams have 1-2 guys who are only recently retired from pro basketball and I guess the UK team's guys would be Prince and Mohammed. The team with Al Harrington is undefeated and killing people. No one can guard Harrington. I'm guessing Nazr could.

Here's the team rosters:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ague-2017-draft-results-and-full-team-rosters

Yeah 3 on 3 basketball isn't ever going to draw big crowds until you have players elite NBA talents wowing crowds. Im not even sure I'd pay to watch the UK team you mentioned play. Hell Rex can't even beat the current players in horse.

Yeah 3 on 3 basketball isn't ever going to draw big crowds until you have players elite NBA talents wowing crowds. Im not even sure I'd pay to watch the UK team you mentioned play. Hell Rex can't even beat the current players in horse.

I'm betting he could if they weren't edited.

Reactions: Montana81
Meh I think you're giving him to much credit. He's probably oxy'd out of his mind. Also I'd say Baker would comfortably out shoot him. He's not 20 something in the gym every day

if oxy improves your concentration I bet he'd give him a game.

Reactions: Mike-D
Young legs are clearly the way to go in the Big3. A guy like McCants who was never great is better than legends who have lost several steps.

You also don't want a traditional center. Too slow and limited. Guys like Harrington, Jackson, etc that are 6'10 and can play the perimeter and the post are way better than a dude like Sweetney.

Don't think our team would fare very well. Our talented guys are either too old or still playing. Prince would be nice. Maybe Joe Crawford? Morris?

I also think there's a lot of potential guys who are in TBT instead because the money is better for now. If the Big3 takes off, that might change.

I'm amazed at how good Cuttino Mobley still is. Got that gray hair old man game. Can get any shot he wants regardless of how hard he's being defended and doesn't miss much.

Reactions: Mashburned
ADVERTISEMENT